The Made By Maths App is a comprehensive guide that explores mathematical beauty of key landmarks, structures and architecture in Melbourne.
Aimed at students and teachers to connect mathematical classroom learning with real world mathematics. Key mathematical terms are explained and explored through engaging and supportive graphics. The ability to take in-App photos of your journey and complete “Things to Do” activities further enhances this learning experience.
The content was developed by The Mathematical Association of Victoria and is a rich and entertaining source of information. It is aimed at inspiring school students to continue their appreciation of mathematics.
New packages will be added and will be available through in-App purchasing when available.
Made By Maths App features:
- historical and mathematical information;
- videos, graphics and text that supports mathematical concepts;
- incorporates a ‘Things to Do’ section for each mathematical walk and landmark;
- photo journal – create one for your personal experience;
- all data collected by the App will be available to view at madebymaths.mav.vic.edu.au; and
- self paced learning
Teachers and groups
To enrich learning, a teacher resource package for each mathematical walk is available at www.mav.vic.edu.au or call +61 3 9380 2399.
To set up a Made By Maths school account, register your details and receive a code at http://madebymaths.mav.vic.edu.au.
We do not collect or share personal information captured by the App with third parties.