The app also supports basic NDEF Push (Android Beam) for people who don't have any tag to read but happen to have two NFC enabled phones.
The source code of this app is published at https://github.com/nadam/nfc-reader.
See where you can communicate to with just a few clicks with the original Android pocket RF planning coverage calculator for phones and tablets.
Service powered by dedicated servers at CloudRF.com using NASA SRTM terrain data with 99% Global coverage and the VHF/UHF Irregular Terrain Model (ITM), giving you accurate predictions between 20 and 20,000MHz. Requires internet connection and radio knowledge.
Registration required. You will need to supply your email address and Google Play order number to use this app. More information at http://cloudrf.com/registermyapp
This App is ideal for the following technologies and radio user groups:
Systems: DAB, DVB, GSM 2G/3G/4G/LTE, Marine VHF, PMR, TETRA, PTT, WiFi, WiMax
Groups: Emergency services (Ambulance, Coastguard, Fire, Forestry, Police), Amateur/Ham enthusiasts, Armed Forces/Military, Construction industry, Event organisers, Government, Maritime/Private Security, WISPs.
Application features - Full version:
* 100Km/63Mi max radius
* User defined resolutions from ~70m.
* KML enabled - Save to SD card and view in Google Earth
* Offline Archive - Disconnect from internet and use layers from SD card
* Multi layer - View coverage of multiple emitters at once
* Save location choice - Internal memory / SD card choice
* GPS enabled for location tracking
* Clutter layers - Random and defined
* Map pan with Latitude/Longitude in decimal degrees
* Frequency: 20MHz to 20GHz (VHF-UHF-SHF)
* Isotropic antenna
* Effective Radiated Power (ERP) in Watts
* SRTM2 elevation data with 99% Global coverage accurate to 90m
* Full Google Maps integration with Satellite layer choice
* Metric / Imperial units (m / f)
* Antenna Polarisation (H / V)
* Transmit and Receive mast heights (Above Ground Level)
* Receiver sensitivity in either dB / dBm / dBµV/m
* Terrain type for electrical conductivity
* Path Loss (dB)
* Received power (dBm)
* Field Strength (dBµV/m)
* Colour keys for dB,dBm,dBµV/m
* Transparency slider
* Colour choices for efficiency
* Save settings as template
* Searchable radio database
Full user manual available in app menu or at: https://m.cloudrf.com/app/
Service status available at:
1) SD card access - Needed to store the overlay(s).
2) Internet connection - to communicate with server.
3) GPS - to locate your position for mobile users (opt in)
Works with all popular Android devices from 2.1+.
Farrant Consulting Ltd accept no liability for how you interpret or use data from this service. It is your responsibility to supply accurate input and verify results before using them for the deployment of your network(s).
FEEDBACK/SUGGESTIONS WELCOME: firstname.lastname@example.org
Improve your mobile computing experience.
Simple and fast.
**Before running the application configuration is required.
SETTING: Settings->More..->Tethering & portable hotspot->Set up Wi-Fi hotspot
Rename or secure your portable hotspot
You can change the name of your phone's Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and secure its Wi-Fi network when it's acting as a portable hotspot.
Go to Settings > Wireless & networks > More > Tethering & portable hotspot.
Make sure Portable Wi-Fi hotspot is checked.
Touch Configure Wi-Fi hotspot.
The Configure Wi-Fi hotspot dialog opens.
Set your name and security options as follows:
Change the Network
TO USE: Just touch Portable Wi-Fi hotspot icon on / off
*Subscribing to smartphone data plan is needed for users of some telecommunication firms.
ACARS Decoder lets you view ACARS transmissions on your android device. Just connect it to a VHF radio (or even set it next to the radio's speaker), tune in an ACARS frequency, and watch the decodes.
Decodes can be automatically saved to an acars.txt file on your device's SD card or other memory by enabling the Log button.
Leave the radio's squelch open so you have static all the time, and tune to one of the ACARS frequencies:
131.725 MHz ACARS Primary channel for Europe
131.525 MHz ACARS Tertiary channel for Europe
136.900 MHz ACARS Channel logged near London
131.550 MHz ACARS Primary channel for North America
130.025 MHz ACARS Secondary channel for North America
129.125 MHz ACARS Tertiary channel for North America
131.475 MHz Company channel for Air Canada and some European airlines in North America
131.125 MHz ACARS channel local to ORD so far
131.550 MHz ACARS Primary channel for Asia/Pacific
131.450 MHz ACARS Primary channel for Japan
130.450 MHz Overflow ACARS channel in use in the Washington, Boston, Chicago, and DFW areas
Buy your copy right now, and start decoding and displaying ACARS transmissions in minutes.
* Voice messages are quicker than SMS—and free!
* *Very* low data usage, no more than sending an email
* Works on any Internet connection!
* Superior audio quality: *twice* the frequency range of a cell phone call!
* EXTRAS! Check out the Voice Changer or create 25-way chat with Groups! Extras make HeyTell ad-free!
* Notifications alert whenever a message is received if you enable the Background Service via Menu > Settings > Background Service
✳ TIP: If you're on wifi & want to avoid late notifications, be sure to set your Wifi Sleep Policy to Never: Menu >Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi Settings > Menu > Advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy > Never.
* Quickly Friend/Unfriend/Block. Adding contacts as friends ensures that you can always quickly find them by tapping the To: field and tapping "Friends."
* Choose from 3 different privacy levels to control how users can contact you without an invite:
✓ Low privacy: All Facebook friends can HeyTell you. Any of your Twitter followers can HeyTell you. People who know your phone number or email address can HeyTell you.
✓ Medium privacy: All Facebook friends can HeyTell you. All Twitter friends can talk to you. Friends of your HeyTell friends who know your phone number or email address can HeyTell you.
✓ High privacy: No one can contact you unless you contact them first or unless you accept their Twitter, Facebook, email, or SMS invite.
* Optionally, share your location with selected contacts while you talk
✳ TIP: To send your location information to a contact, you must have the MAPS page open (tap TARGET button) when you send the HeyTell message. For privacy reasons, HeyTell does not send location unless you approve & have Maps open.
✳ Conversations can be saved & replayed offline, or deleted
✳ TIP: Long-press on conversations & individual messages to access extended View, Delete, and Export options.
* All data and audio you transmit to HeyTell and your friends is encrypted in transit
* Earpiece and speakerphone functionality: Press the Speaker button to toggle between earpiece and speaker mode (If you find earpiece sound is too low, enable the speaker)
* You do NOT need to share personal information to connect with HeyTell contacts & have full control of your personal info. See https://heytell.com/privacy and https://heytell.com/faq for more information about connecting without sharing phone numbers or email addresses!
✳ TIP: Back up your account so that you do not have to re-add friends when you change phones or update ROMs. To do this, exit HeyTell and enable the Backup options accessed via Menu > Settings > Privacy or Backup & Sync.
✳ TIP: If you can send messages to friends, but you are not receiving them, ask your friends to respond directly to you by tapping the active conversation. It is likely that the contact information they're using to find you doesn't match what you set for yourself and/or your privacy is higher. However, directly responding to the conversation should always work! :)
✳ TIP: IF YOU GET AN "INBOX FULL" message, there's no need to delete the app or messages: This just means that your friend has to listen or reply to the messages you sent before you can continue to send them messages. Once they listen or respond, you can keep on talking!
NOTE THAT CARRIERS MAY CHARGE YOU & YOUR RECIPIENT FOR SMS INVITES, but they're not required--email invites and direct connections to other HeyTell users using phone, email, Twitter, & Facebook are free!