Millions of users have made Ookla Speedtest the #1 app for testing Internet speeds, and it’s trusted daily by professionals throughout the industry!
- Discover your Download, Upload and Ping
- Real-time graphs show connection consistency
- Troubleshoot or verify the speed you were promised
- Track past tests with detailed reporting
- Easily share your results
• tests download speed (downlink)
• tests upload speed (uplink)
• measurement of data transfer time delays (latency, ping)
• two typical data transfer units (kbps, Mbps),
• automatic selection of test parameters depending on the type of a connection (WiFi, 2G/3G mobile)
• basic information about the connection (IP address, Internet service provider and organization, SIM operator or name of the WiFi network)
• history of results with options to filter and sort the list according to the different criteria,
• ability to customize test parameters to meet your needs (the duration of the test, the number of connections),
• detailed information about the tests (measured value of download/upload/ping, connection type, date, settings),
• easily copy your IP address and results to the clipboard,
• vibration handling,
• publication of results on social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.),
• compatibility mode with less powerful and older devices (switch on/off tween animations)
• appropriate warnings for testing mobile Internet.
Developed by Speedchecker Ltd, the Company behind the most popular speed testing websites measuring over 100 million speed tests globally and trusted by the BBC, Guardian and other media outlets, ISPs and Governments.
one-click speed test of download, upload and ping
history of all speed tests saved to your device
easy sharing of results
compatible with a wide array of Android devices
Start your free speed test on Android today!
Combining the power of speed tests and crowdsourcing, together, we are building the biggest network and most accurate database of WiFi coverage and the connection speeds of these Hotspots in the world. SpeedSpot has a powerful and highly reliable speed test engine that is ideal for measuring any type of cell or WiFi connection: 3g, 4g, LTE, dsl, adsl, cable. It also takes into account the strength of the WiFi or cell signal.
This means you are getting the most accurate results for your download speed, upload speed or ping tests.
SpeedSpot is building a free, crowdsourced database of WiFi Hotspots that are rated by an internet speed test. In order to do that SpeedSpot let’s you create SpeedSpots, which combine speed test data and a venue, like a Hotel, Cafe and Restaurant and its GPS map location (SpeedSpot = Speed Test + Venue + Location) and allows you to contribute this information to the database which is freely accessible for all SpeedSpot users on Android and iOS. Hotel results are also freely accessible to everyone using a browser on SpeedSpot.org, the only search engine on the internet that let’s you check how fast a Hotel's internet connection is before you stay there.
✓ Run Speed Tests for your Cellular Network on 3g, 4g, LTE connections to improve your coverage
✓ Test the Download and Upload Speed and Ping of WiFi Hotspots on dsl, adsl, cable connections.
✓ Help make finding free WiFi Hotspots with fast network connections possible by contributing your test results to the crowdsourced database
✓ Worldwide high speed data server network for reliable results
✓ Keep track of your internet connection speeds in your personal result history. The details include download and upload speed, ping, signal strength, network name, internal and external IP and the test date.
✓ Compare your different 3g, 4g, LTE cell connection tests. Study the reliability of your broadband dsl, adsl, cable connections over time.
✓ Use the WiFi Finder to access a coverage map that let’s you easily locate free, fast WiFi Hotspots around you in Hotels, Cafes and Restaurants and other public locations like stores, bars and libraries
✓ Free and without Ads
✓ Testing ping, download and upload speeds takes only 20s
✓ Data sizes are minimized and optimized for testing 3g, 4g, LTE connections to preserve mobile bandwidth
✓ Excellent WiFi coverage in large cities with thousands of spots on the map
✓ Easily find Hotels, Cafes, Restaurants, Bars and other Venues that offer fast free internet
✓ Explore venues directly on TripAdvisor, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Yelp
✓ Locate venues and get instant directions to the next fast WiFi Hotspot with maps
As featured in:
"SpeedSpot helps you avoid wimpy hotel WiFi.“ - USA TODAY
"New App SpeedSpot guides you to fastest Wi-Fi in your area." - Fast Company
"Thanks to SpeedSpot you can avoid unfortunate internet conditions when traveling." - Gizmodo
We have recently focused on improving the accuracy of the download, upload and ping tests. We are also focusing on incorporating the influencing of the signal strength into the test results as the signal strength can have significant influence on the connection speeds. Also we are trying to continue improving on the ideal data throughput for 3g, 4g, LTE connections to further minimize the necessary bandwidth for the tests. As data size is not so important for broadband connections like dsl, adsl and cable here we try to focus on shortening the time necessary to receive meaningful test results. Also we are constantly advancing the coverage quality of the Hotels, Cafes and Restaurants add added to the database and the maps.
In the advanced test, speed is shown on a graph for easy interpretation. You can also see the average and maximum speeds for all the destinations.
- Simple and Advanced internet speed test modes
- Internet Download Speed Test from USA, EU and Asia combined or separately
- Speed Graph (Advanced)
- Speed Gauge / Meter (Simple)
- Easy unit configuration (kbyte/s kbit/s mbit/s)
- Limit Maximum Download size for each test
- Limit Speed test time
- All your results are logged
- Speed Result rates your WiFi or Mobile Data download speed (Low, Normal, Superb)
- Share Internet Speed Test results
- Speed Test gives you an indication of speed towards 3 destinations, which is not representative for your actual connection speed.
This application does give you a tool to check your speeds, and from experience, judge your active connection.
- More Configuration options
- Upload Speed
The app is completely Ad-Free.
- Real time speed update in status bar and notification.
- Daily traffic usage in notification.
- Separate stats for Mobile network and WiFi network.
- Monitors your traffic data for the last 30 days.
- Battery efficient
A notification dialog appears when you tap the notification having
- Graph to monitor last minute internet activity
- Time and usage of current session
- Today's app usage for mobile and wifi
- Realtime speed of running applications
Notification appears only when you are connected to internet. You can change priority of notification. You can also hide the notification when connection is idle for specified amount of time.
You can manually select the color of user interface.
Blue status bar icon
Option to choose between blue or white status bar icon. (only for KitKat and below versions of Android)
Upload and Download Speed
Option to show upload and download speed in separate notifications.
Translations: Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Latin) Slovakian, Slovenian, Spanish, Turkish, Vietnamese.
Warning: Do not move this app to SD card. It will stop (Force close) when you remove the card.
When you perform free tests with 4Gmark, you participate in a collaborative project to aggregate a base of information for understanding and improving the quality of service.
The "Speed Test" quickly calculates downlink and uplink network speed (average Bitrate).
At the end of the Test, in the results, you can benchmark your results against the average bitrate obtained by other users in your country, in the same area or using the same smartphone (wifi or cellular).
The "Full Test" is a scenario with all protocols (latency, transfer, youtube, web) giving full visibility over the quality of the connection environment. It calculates a score which let you compare between them different smartphones, networks or places.
At the end of the Full Test, in the results, you can benchmark your results against the average score obtained by other users in your country, in the same area or using the same smartphone (wifi or cellular).
Also in the "Custom Test" section, Customized scenarios of tests are available.
Finally as a bonus, a dashboard that will offer the most current real-time information about your hardware, your location, your cellular and your wifi connection.
Use Speedtest to monitor your cellular (3G/4G/LTE) or WiFi connection rate and response for your device. With a real-time graphical display, results are updated continuously during the testing procedure. A quick trace route is performed to determine the number of gateways to the test server. This simple, easy-to-use app provides consistent, accurate internet speed testing from any location. A simple test app to determine your true mobile speed.
– Simple, one button tap performs (or cancels) the internet speed tests.
– Testing features download rate, upload rate and latency (response) time.
- Includes the number of hops/gateways between the mobile client and the server (Trace Route).
– Simple, easy-to-read tracking and reporting.
- History of the previous tests is available for comparison.
- Works on either Cellular data from any carrier or when connected via WiFi.
- Conveniently share results with others via email.
- Testing servers located around the world for accurate results.
– Unlimited on-the-go testing - mobile speed testing.
– It’s FREE!
Important note: Speedtest uses ICMP to run ping and trace route. There are some devices and builds of Android where this has been intentionally blocked. Unfortunately, there is nothing we as developers can do to avoid this happening. If your device is affected, Speedtest will not run ping or trace route. It will simply skip and leave the fields blank for results. Hopefully, in the future, there will be a work around.
If you experience any unexpected behavior (crashes, hangs, etc), please feel free to email us from the app. We are always looking to improve your experience.
Additional features of Speed Test Light application:
• history of results with detailed information about the tests,
• IP address display,
• ability to filter and sort your results according to various criteria,
• two standard units (Mbps and kbps),
• the ability to manually adjust the number of threads and the duration of the download/upload/ping test,
• system clipboard and social networks handling (easy to publish the results on Facebook, Twitter or Google+),
• low demand on system resources.
✓ Signal compass points you in the direction your signal is coming from, just walk towards it!
✓ WiFi map allows you to easily locate nearby public networks.
✓ Coverage maps allow you see the best/worst places for signal.
✓ Speedtest feature allows you to see the true speed of your connection (download, upload & latency)
✓ NetworkRank shows which carrier is best in your area.
✓ See local cell towers.
✓ Free and ad-free
You can also:
✓ Help improve our crowdsourced and impartial maps by contributing data.
✓ Share your findings and compare your connection with other users.
✓ View your history of signal readings.
✓ test upload, download and latency
✓ Save your data to SD card.
✓ Signal booster for compatible phones
SMS Permission required to count the number of SMS sent to track your usage, SMS are never read (use a packet sniffer to check!)
Phone settings permission allows network reset on certain Android versions
Based on our community-generated data we are able to help keep you better connected by giving you a practical solution to the problems of slow mobile internet and dropped calls. Simply follow our signal compass to walk towards better phone signal or see our in-app coverage maps to work out which carrier is best for where you are, useful if you're thinking about changing. Our wifi maps help you find local public-access wireless networks (WAPs).
The Stats tab helps you to keep track of your usage, so there’s no danger of you going over your plan limit on data, voice or text. (NB – this is why the app needs permission to access contacts and SMS, these are the permissions needed to count calls and texts, messages are never accessed or read!).
Maps not updated in real-time. Don’t worry though, we log the information you share with us to improve our coverage maps and signal information. We’re working hard to make sure the data you contribute to the project is available to everyone as quickly as possible.
- Not all towers and wireless routers are in our database - we’re working on it!
- Verizon & Sprint (CDMA) users will see only one connected tower at a time
- Moving in the direction of your cell tower (the signal compass) will not always improve reception due to interference effects/local geography.
- For GSM, cell tower are identified via cell id and location area code (CID and LAC)
- For CDMA cell towers are identified via Network ID, Base sub-station ID and system ID (NID, BSSID and SID).
If you read to here (!) you should really join the OpenSignal beta to help us improve the app:
Jederzeit einfach und bequem die Netzgeschwindigkeit testen!
Ist Ihnen das 3G-Netz nicht schnell genug? Überzeugen Sie sich von Vodafone LTE und erreichen Sie bis zu 150 Mbit/s. Die App bringt Sie direkt zu aktuellen Angeboten.
Außerdem helfen Sie uns unser Netz zu optimieren, damit wir Ihnen die bestmögliche Kapazität zur Verfügung stellen können.
Auf einen Blick, immer auf dem neuesten Stand:
• Informationen über Ihren aktuellen Datenverbrauch allgemein
• Datenverbrauch der einzelnen von Ihnen genutzten Apps und Smartphone Dienste
• Ihr Datenverbrauch im Wi-Fi allgemein
• Der Datenverbrauch Ihrer Apps im Wi-Fi
• Die Dauer Ihrer durchgeführten Gespräche
• Die Netzverfügbarkeit der letzten 30 Tage
• Die Anteile Ihrer Internetverfügbarkeit der letzten 30 Tage
• Messung von Download- und Upload-Geschwindigkeit sowie Ping
• Ergebnisse speichern, in Maps anzeigen lassen
Alle Daten die an Vodafone übermittelt werden, sind nicht Personen bezogen und anonymisierte Daten. Dabei ist zu beachten, dass je nach Tarif Kosten entstehen können.
Da jede einzelne Messung von verschiedenen Faktoren beeinflusst wird, können die Ergebnisse von der tatsächlich erreichbaren Geschwindigkeit abweichen. Daher raten wir Ihnen öfters und zu unterschiedlichen Zeitpunkten zu testen.
You can also change the text box properties like text box position, text color, text background color, text size, transparency.
Paid version has No ads.
Shows the Wi-Fi channels around you. Helps you to find a less crowded channel for your wireless router.
For the USB read/write permission: This permission is used to save and load snapshots(see menu in my app).
Piriform, the makers of the world’s most popular PC and Mac cleaning software bring you CCleaner for Android.
Remove junk, reclaim space, monitor your system and browse safely. Become the Master of your own device with the ultimate cleaning app for your Android!
Optimize and Clean
● Speed up your phone and remove junk safely
● Clean application cache, download folders, browser history, clipboard content and more
● Delete call logs and SMS messages individually, in bulk, by age or by contact
Reclaim Storage Space
● Streamline your Android smartphone or tablet
● Quickly and easily uninstall multiple unwanted applications
● Free up valuable storage space on your device
Easy to Use
● Optimize your Android in just a few clicks
● Simple, intuitive user interface which is easy to navigate
● Totally free from Ads and clutter
● Fast, compact and efficient with low memory and CPU usage
Monitor your System
● Check the usage of your CPU
● Keep track of your RAM and internal storage space
● Check out your battery levels and temperature