"Tell me how your project began, and I will tell you how it will end" is a very famous... and true statement, even in research!
The FREE Project Management (PM)-Cube is a tool allowing researchers and other professionals to successfully manage their projects by analyzing all critical aspects. This knowledge is extremely valuable since more than half of senior scientists admit they would have liked to have been trained in project management earlier in their career!
The PM-Cube provides a very short description of all important topics within the following fields
(please note that this App has been primarily developed for participants to my trainings, www.cubisma.ch):
- WHY: Why did your project start? Investigate the context!
- WHAT: Define your ambition, your objectives and deliverables
- HOW: Plan what makes sense at the moment: schedule, resources, costs,...
- WHO: Define the roles of people involved and how you want to work together
- ACT: Congratulation, you got funding! Let's start to work together now...
- OK: Check if you are following your first plan and decide how to continue your project
How to use The PM-Cube:
- Managing a research project is like steering a boat across the Pacific: it's an iterative process giving you flexibility.
- Start to define what you can at the moment, and come back later to adjust/modify/add what is needed.
- It's only at the end of a project that you will see the exact path you had to follow in order to be successful!
Managing a project is a journey. Enjoy!