A tiny tool to hide multimedia files and prevent media scanning. Touch and hold the directory to toggle. Media library will not display the files in red colored folders.
The Android media scanner ignores folders containing an empty file named ".nomedia", using less time, battery and memory.
This app identifies folders, creates and deletes .nomedia files, refresh the media library and stops or restores the media scanning.
- show pictures to someone else and avoid that he can see some embarrassing
- filter undesired ringtones, music and other files used by some apps and games
- shorten the long media scanning triggered at boot when your phone is full of media files
- fix files disappearing from the media library but shown in a file manager
- list of all folders containing .nomedia files
- force scanning recursively
- recursive mark of subfolders is possible
- .noscanandnomtp files from CyanogenMod
- lightweight and minimalistic
- rescan (toggle twice) for newly added files to hidden directories
- for some devices, can't write on external SD card