Schedule data optimized for Switzerland.
Optimized schedule data for Germany is available through Timetable DE.
Optimized schedule data for Austria is available through Timetable AT.
• Door-to-door timetable throughout Switzerland
• Queried connections can be accessed later offline
• Integrated real-time information for all trains, buses and trams within the ZVV network as well as for trains throughout Switzerland (local traffic outside ZVV excluded)
• Push notifications about delays, platform changes and traffic information for user-specified connections
• Tab “Traffic Info” with line-specific overview of all current traffic information and line-specific push notifications
• Function “Barrier Free Access” (more information www.zvv.ch/handicap, in German)
• Easy-to-understand symbols (green, orange, red) indicate whether or not a planned connection can be maintained
• Alternative connections in case of incidents (red symbol). «Query according to current traffic situation» does not have to be activated
• «Query according to current traffic situation» only finds connections possible at the time of the query
• Real-time arrivals and departures for specific stops (e.g. in 3’ or 15:34 +2’)
• Information about disruptions of service (maintenance, constructions, events etc.)
• Possibility to add a customized connection or timetable to the homescreen
Ticket information / purchase:
• The ZVV app provides simplified access to ZVV tickets via the SBB app. The purchasing process is started within the ZVV app and completed in the SBB app. To take advantage of this service, the SBB app must also be installed
• Fast and simple selection within the ZVV app through its topseller list and via the button «Price/Buy» in the journey planner
• Transfer of choice of class (1st or 2nd), reduction (adult or ½) and validity (single ticket or day pass) to the SBB app
• Choice of number of additional zones for extension tickets
• Practical display of route network and fare zone maps
• Favourites function for tickets, destinations and connections («Take me home», «Take me to work», etc.). Favourites will not be deleted after update
• Display of the nearest stops based on the user’s current position
• Search for stops, addresses and points of interest
• Simple display of local area maps and pedestrian routes within the application
• Interface to calendar to save individual connections
• Low-floor service information for trams and buses (timetable data)
www.zvv.ch/android or contact our customer center ZVV-Contact at 0848 988 988.
For feedback please contact us on Twitter @zvv or www.facebook.com/zvvnews
ZVV wishes you a pleasant journey!
PS: Download the new „NZ-App“. It is a quick and easy way to purchase the „night supplement“ for the nighttime network. In addition the app provides you with information about nightclubs, bars and events in Zurich and you can win great prices in our sweepstakes.
You can grant the application access notably to your calendar, contact and location information. You can change these settings at any time
The ZVV only analyzes data regarding connection queries and push notifications. The evaluation of this data will be conducted without personal references and for statistical purposes only.
All information is subject to change
© ZVV 2014
• Timetable enquiries for national, international and city connections.
• Search for stations, stops and (contact) addresses with GPS support, connections with carriage of bicycles and barrier-free connections.
• Display of connections and travel information (in real time).
• Occupancy forecast.
• "Take me home" function.
• Departure and arrival tables.
• Display of interim stops as well as journey information in real time.
• Map views of start and destination locations.
• Map views of start and destination locations.
• Calendar import and e-mailing of timetable connections.
• Selection of favourites.
• Purchasing and display of public transport tickets in Switzerland for up to 8 passengers.
• The offer includes single tickets, fare network tickets, 1-day travelpasses, supersaver tickets, class upgrades and seat reservations for Switzerland.
• Payment can be made by credit card or PostFinance card. The precondition is one-off registration in SBB Ticket Shop (menu item "Tickets").
Further information: www.sbb.ch/mobile
Data security and authorisations
Why does SBB Mobile require authorisations?
To use the "take me home" function and display the stops in the vicinity of the current location, the GPS function must be active.
To transmit timetable and ticket request enquiries.
So that you import passengers travelling with you from the address book when you purchase tickets and can select contact addresses as destinations for timetable enquiries.
Calendar and e-mail.
To import timetable information into the calendar, SBB Mobile Business requires writing and reading rights.
For the offline functions such as lists of stops, connections (history and favourites) and purchasing tickets.
Deactivate standby mode.
Prevents the smartphone screen being turned off and the device being put on standby before you have received a push notification.
Control vibration alarm.
So that the device can vibrate when a push notification comes in.
Android camera hardware control elements.
To be able to use the integrated QR reader.
SBB Mobile Business is perfectly tailored to business travellers' needs: You can call up public transport timetables in real time. Once you have registered at www.sbb.ch/en/business you can buy and display tickets on your smartphone anywhere and any time. Your purchases will be directly debited to the cost centre you have saved, thus simplifying expense management for you. For further information, see www.sbb.ch/en/mobilebusiness.
• national, international and town service timetable enquiries
• search by: station, stop and (contact) addresses with GPS support
• push messages: delays, platform changes, seat occupancy indicator, etc.
• "take me home" function
• departures/arrivals tables
• intermediate stops and realtime travel information
• map views of starting points and destinations
• import timetable queries into your calendar and e-mail them
• rapid access via Favorites
• buy and display public transport tickets for Switzerland for up to eight passengers.
• the offering includes individual tickets, regional travel system tickets, one-day travelpasses, class upgrades, seat reservations for Switzerland.
• payment is via a company contract with SBB Businesstravel. All you need to do is register once with SBB Ticket Shop Business at www.sbb.ch/en/business and save a means of payment at "My account" – "Payment information".
• expense invoices can be called up online.
• most sales are eligible for discounts.
Please note: private customers of SBB can use the SBB Mobile app.
Data security and authorisations
Why does SBB Mobile Business ask for authorisations?
To use the take-me-home function and display the stations/stops near your current location, your GPS function must be activated.
For transmitting timetable and ticket enquiries.
So that you can import other passengers from your address book when you buy a ticket, or to select contact addresses as your destination when running timetable searches.
Calendar and mail:
To import timetable outputs into your calendar, SBB Mobile Business needs read and write authorisation.
For offline functions such as the list of stations/stops, connections (current location and favorites) and ticket purchases.
Deactivate standby mode:
Prevents the smartphone screen from switching off or the phone from going into standby mode before you have received a push message.
Control vibrate alarm
So that the device can vibrate when a push message arrives.
Android camera hardware control elements
For using the integrated QR reader.
Features of “My station”:
- You can get information on the shops and services available at the station (opening hours, range, location, etc.)
- You will find the best route to the stops, platforms, shops and services at the station
- We will show you accessible routes if you are travelling with heavy luggage, a pram or pushchair, bicycle or wheelchair.
- You benefit from discount coupons on the spot
- You know where you are within the station at any given time “My station” is also available via SBB Mobile:
- In our timetable app, look for a journey that involves a change at Zürich HB
- In the connection details, click on the pedestrian route displayed
- “My station” will start and automatically show the route from your point of arrival to your point of departure.
“My station” is aimed at the following customer groups:
- People unfamiliar with the area
- Leisure travellers
- Business travellers
- People with restricted mobility
Visitors to the station
- Walk-in customers
- People collecting passengers