The interactive application “Romainmôtier Abbey Church” allows you to explore this magnificent Cluniac site on your own. You can discover the Abbey Church and its 1,500-year-old history as never before, through videos, audios and dynamic descriptions.
This application, designed by the Reformed Church of the Canton of Vaud, offers varied and interactive options such as:
1. A video guided tour Breathtaking photography enables a better understanding of this impressive building; details invisible to the naked eye are revealed, and paintings that come alive, as history is narrated. Your guide and virtual pilgrim will take you through five different stages in exploring the church and its cloister.
2. A free tour If you prefer to be on your own, ask the application to localize your position: a simple click offers a choice of films and brief descriptions of all the interesting features around you.
3. A meditation If you are interested in the spiritual dimension of this site, the application offers a special moment of meditation. A minister, with a deep and serene voice will invite you to listen to short prayers written by leading spiritual figures of different denominations. Each meditation adapts to your location.
4. Attending a service The application allows you an insight into the spirituality of this Abbey church for the last fifteen centuries. And still today, here at Romainmôtier, the Ecumenical Prayer Fraternity leads three daily prayer services; this you can experience through a 3-minute film.
5. Practical information A permanent up-date keeps you informed of all major events taking place at the Abbey church during your visit.
In addition Tourist information, suggestions for further exploration, bonuses, also the meditation text of the week… in all, this application offers a fulfilling cultural and spiritual experience.
There are three versions of the application: in French, in English and in German.