lab test for muscle mass, allowing consumers insight into their own personal biology.
MY MYO™ measures exactly how much muscle mass you have in your body to support treatments for building muscle to achieve optimum health.
• MY MYO™ took over a decade of research, funded by the NIH and the pharmaceutical industry to develop.
• MY MYO™ was invented by Dr. Marc Hellerstein, a physician-scientist with a PhD in Nutritional Biochemistry, a UC Berkley Professor of Metabolism, and Nutrition, and inventor of over 100 patents.
• MY MYO™ requires the most powerful analytic instrument in all of chemistry (mass spectrometers).
• MY MYO™ is based on discoveries about the fundamental biology of human muscle.
• MY MYO™ is easily performed from a home lab kit that only requires a drop of urine.
• MY MYO™ is personalized for you, has no risk, and can be repeated as many times as you want.
Did you know that your muscle mass is one of the most important determinants of your health, your
performance, and how you feel?
• Each pound of muscle burns calories, even at rest – 10% more muscle means 450-800 more calories used per day.
• When people lose weight, 33%-50%+ of the loss is usually muscle.
• A few additional pounds of muscle has a huge effect on how strong and energetic you feel – and a remarkable effect on appearance.
• You will lose muscle as you get older (1% per year after age 30, faster after age 50) unless you do something to prevent it.
• You cannot tell by looking at a person how much muscle mass they have. Overweight people often have low muscle mass (a dangerous combination).
• Loss of muscle, in some studies, predicts shorter survival better than a diagnosis of cancer.
* Please drop me an email if you see bugs or if you have ideas for specific extensions. *
This completely free app offers a set of various dedicated tools grouped in four sections helping scientists and students:
--Solutions (Solutions & Buffers)--
This section covers general applications in chemistry and biochemistry laboratories like making of solutions with defined molarity and diluting a stock solution to a working solution. It also facilitates the selection of buffer substances for given a pH.
--Proteins (Proteins, Peptides & Amino Acids)--
This set of tools covers the work with amino acids, peptides and Proteins. It allows looking up structures and properties of all amino acids as well as user defined peptides. It also calculates the different fragment masses of specific peptides subjected to mass spectrometry. As chemicals like small molecules or peptides can be modified or may undergo fragment loss in mass spectrometry, one of the available tools tries to identify these mass shifts. A last tool facilitates the accession of protein information from Uniprot (internet connection needed).
The peptide synthesis section provides various information on solid phase peptide synthesis (SPPS). Coupling methods and resin loading protocols as well as their concomitant colorimetric tests are explained. Additionally, resin cleavage and deprotection strategies are given. A detailed list of coupling reagent properties completes the section.
--Chemicals (Chemicals & Elements)--
This extract of utilities covers the work with chemicals, metabolites and elements. It allows the calculation of molecular weight using chemical formulas or built-in substances. Chemical formulas from masses measured in mass spectrometry can be found which are linked to representative metabolites (small molecules). One tool allows the lookup of detergent properties sorted and filtered by different characteristics. A last tool lists all elements of the periodic table of elements with detailed and relevant information about them.
Since Android 2.2 (Froyo) the display is enabled to autorotate in both directions without any option to disable the autorotation to the right or the left side. It for right-handed persons does not make sense to keep the rotation to the right side active. The opposite is true for left-handed persons.
The switching off of the autorotation to one side, which is controlled automatically by this app, on the other hand allows usage or the phone when lying in bed on the autorotation-disabled side without having the screen turning.