Alerts the Rega Operations Centre with a swipe of your finger and automatically transmits your position coordinates.
The Rega app is free of charge and comprises the following features:
• Alerts Rega’s Operation Centre from within Switzerland or abroad – your current location is automatically transmitted when you raise the alarm.
• Shares your position coordinates with Rega, even when the app is in the background – so that you can be found more quickly in an emergency.
• Additional features for Rega patrons: shares your position with friends or allows your activities to be monitored – for example, if you are out and about on your own.
• Checks via a test alarm whether the app is configured correctly and an alarm can be initiated if necessary.
• Displays your current position on the map and provides detailed map information from Swisstopo.
• Records useful information that could be of help to the Rega Operations Centre in the event of an emergency.
• Tells you what action you should take if you suffer a medical emergency in Switzerland or abroad.
• Available in four languages (German, English, French, Italian).
• Place the Rega app icon on the first page of your mobile phone screen for instant access.
• Alarm feature: Once the data has been successfully transmitted, the Rega Operations Centre will automatically be contacted. Only after you have spoken to the Operations Centre by phone can a rescue be initiated.
• Enable the Location Services feature in your phone settings.
• The Location Services feature will only work if the appropriate signal can be received (GPS, Wi-Fi, mobile phone network).
• Telephone calls cannot be made without a SIM card.
• If the SIM card is blocked, it is only possible to call the European emergency number 112.
• When raising the alarm, always do so outside in the open air (better signal reception).
• If possible, when raising the alarm, shield the phone microphone from the wind.
Further information: www.app.rega.ch