The famous strategy board game chess, also known as the royal game, is played by moving the chess pieces (black and white) in turns across the game board. The rules of the game state that a game of chess is won if no more moves are possible and the opponent's king, the most important chess piece, is in checkmate.
We have packed the best strategy and tactical board game in a free app, with three different online variations.
- Single-player: play on your own against the computer. Here you can learn how to play chess or simply improve your chess skills.
- Local multiplayer: the same rules of the game as in the single-player-mode against the AI.
The board game is played on only one mobile device, however not as a computer game but rather by trying to checkmate your friend through logical thinking and your chess pieces, such as pawn, rook, queen, bishops, knight and king.
- Online multiplayer: logical thinking and online strategy with online chess against chess players around the world. Organise your own world championship. If your online opponent has also downloaded our free app, you can play on more than one mobile device.
The online multiplayer mode offers the following functions:
- For every checkmate against your online opponent, Elo points will be credited for your glorious chess moves across the board.
- If you win an online game against an opponent who is particularly good at playing and already has many Elo points, you will also get more Elo points to your player account for a checkmate.
- The more Elo points you have earned by playing chess, the higher you will rise in our ranking list.
- During the game of chess you can open a chat, so that you can chat with your opponent around the world or analyze your chess moves.
- An online friend's list enables you to invite your friends to a free online chess.
- Our free chess app is available worldwide. You can play against opponents from around the world and show them how good your logical thinking and your tactical game is, how you perfectly master your chess moves and chess pieces and how you check and mate your opponent.
- You can see your opponent's country of origin.
Play Chess against online players from around the world, start your own world cup, beat your opponent with your chess array, improve your strategy and tactical game and increase the Elo points in your account. Will your chess moves and chess game checkmate your opponent?
Improve your chess game and become a real chess world champion like Anatoly Karpov, Garry Kasparov or Vladimir Kramnik. Use tactical moves like castling, where rook and king of one colour are moved.
Use different opening moves like the Italian, Spanish, King's Gambit, French, Caro-Kann, Sicilian, Pirc defence, modern defence, Scandinavian, King's Gambit declined, King's Gambit accepted, Blackmar-Diemer Gambit, Nimzo-Indian defence, Queen's Indian defence, King's Indian defence, Grünfeld defence, Benoni defence, Dutch, English or the Sokolsky opening.
We hope you like our free board game, even if it's only available in 2D and unfortunately not in 3D. Chess is definitely more challenging than other board games such as Nine Men’s Morris, Draughts, Halma, the Settlers of Catan, Backgammon, Ludo, Mahjong or Connect 4.
We would appreciate feedback (even if it's critical) on our free Online Chess.
Simply write a mail to the provided support address.
★ Big international community, chess multiplayer - More than 800.000 registered players on http://www.chessfriends.com
★ Mistake Preventer – never make a mistake or a misclick again
★ Various time control options - Classic, Blitz and Bullet chess games
★ Rated games - Track your rating and performance
★ Unrated games - Play chess online for fun, train your chess openings, improve your chess results
★ Play chess free with friends
★ Strong computer for offline play, 20 strength levels
★ Rankings and detailed statistics with charts
★ Player account - User profiles with real FIDE rating
★ Access your account from various platforms, including web browsers and mobile devices (Mobile web, Android, IOS, Windows mobile)
★ Multiple languages supported
The application supports the Universal Chess Interface (UCI) and Chess Engine Communication Protocol (WinBoard and XBoard), which allows users to play against more powerful third party engines or even play tournaments between engines. Engine setup features time control, pondering, infinite analysis, hash tables, multiple threads, endgame tablebases, and opening test suites. Recognizes Chessbase compatible engines.
Challenge your friends (or enemies) to a multiplayer battle of reflexes, wits and knowledge! Great as a bar game, ice breaker or to decide who has to do the dishes.
One of 18 (we continuously add more) exciting mini-games is displayed on screen, and if you think the answer is correct, hit your button faster than your opponent to get a point. But be careful - hit it at the wrong time, and you'll lose one. After a few seconds, the next multiplayer challenge starts - and you can make up for lost points or extend your lead against your adversary!
The game is fully translated into 28 languages - chances are, yours is among them!
TWO PLAYERS ON THE SAME DEVICE
Nobody needs to wait, two players, one device, at the same time! Frantic multiplayer action is guaranteed for all ages! Some of the included mini-games require pure reaction, so the younger you are the better, while other mini-games require knowledge of countries in the world and puzzle-solving skills. Who can be the best in all of them?
LOTS OF DYNAMIC MINIGAMES
There are 17 mini-games included (more soon!), and they span all sorts of areas. For example: Who can find the sad face in a group of smiley faces? Does the shown capital city really belong to the country? Can the mouse navigate the maze to the cheese? Hit when the screen turns white! When is the changing labyrinth completed from corner to corner? Has the Countdown hit Zero? React when the Tic-Tac-Toe game is complete! And there's many more!
OLD-SCHOOL CLEAN GRAPHICS
Sporting super-clean and slick graphics, 2 Player Reactor doesn't try to overwhelm or distract you with fancy effects or big explosions.This also means it runs on even the oldest and crankiest of Android devices! Everything in the game has been tested on all kinds of screens, and it runs beautifully on tablets!
SETTINGS TO SUIT EVERYONE
There's a no-brainer "Quick Game" mode that allows you to jump right into the action. But if you hate math, or you only want to play that mode with the smiley faces, or you want a really really long game, you can change everything in the advanced settings menu! And if you're trying to learn a different language, we've got you covered: The game has been translated into 25 mysterious languages such as German, French, Chinese, Persian, Finnish, and many many more.
And there's even more options such as three new difficulties (you should try the INSANE difficulty setting, har har!) in 4 Player Reactor, which you should have a look at if you want more! We're so confident you like it that we offer an unconditional money-back guarantee for that game - check it out!
INDIE GAME DEVELOPER LOVES YOU
I'm an independent game developer and made the game all by myself - which explains the basic graphics (I like to think of them as clean ;)). I hope you like my game, and I totally crave your feedback, just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The upgraded version, 4 Player Reactor, is also available on the Android Market and it contains many additional game modes, supports up to four friends, a single-player training mode, more difficulties and lots of extra settings for even more multiplayer games fun!
THE CHESS APP FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Prince Kaspar's castle has many rooms in which the individual chess pieces are introduced. Depending on how much prior knowledge you bring into the chess game, you can have every piece introduced to you at your own pace. Lots of exercises are at your fingertips in which you can directly apply what you've learned.
LEARN THE CHESS RULES WITH A DIDACTIC CONCEPT
In addition, you'll find all possible finesses and secrets in the big chess book in Prince Kaspar's library such as the pawn fork, the Italian gambit, or the scholar's mate. Do you know castling or the "en passant" move yet?
Naturally Prince Kaspar is ready to play a round of chess with you at any time. First you have to defeat him, then you're allowed to also play with Capt'n Black.
# Train yourself on chess rules in an unlimited amount of practice games
# Perfect for both beginners and pros thanks to many exercises and explanations
# Animated with care and fantasy filled game ambience
# Learn professional tricks and game tactics
# Multiplayer option - Play against other gamers
Play Chess against millions of players all over the world.
- Multi-player online gaming experience
- Build up your own profile. Support animated avatar now!
- Rich social features: Chat rooms, private messages, friends, blacklists and more!
- Register one time, login all Cloudroid games!
Play games with over one million players and join Cloudroid online gaming today!
Free download and easy to play !
+++ Features +++
* Singel player mode, with three different difficulty levels
* Two player mode, to play against some one else on the same Android device
* Online Mode, to play against some one else any where on the world
The popular Tic Tac Toe Multiplayer Game. Install the App now & play for free!
Play against Android, your friend or compete with players from all over the world and become a Master!
• Collect stars and earn ranks
• Play with friend on 1 device (Past & Play)
• Play online with other players (Multiplayer)
• Multiplayer chat
• Bet stars and win twice as much
• 4 game board sizes (from 3x3 to 6x6)
• Online Score Board
• Facebook connect
Now you can play Smart Dots & Boxes Multiplayer game on Facebook. Go to: https://smartdots.pixelcrater.com
Free for all Android versions and tablets! (Supported by ads)
This game is also known as Dots and Boxes, Squares, Paddocks, Square-it, Dots and Dashes.
With Chess, you will be given the opportunity to play an unlimited number of chess games. We designed a user-friendly interface to allow any players to enjoy the game.
You can either play with your friends or against your phone. When playing against your phone, you will be able to easily adjust the difficulty to match your current level. Will you be able to beat the most difficult level we included ?
Unlimited free chess games ahead of you. No better way to play, learn and improve your Chess skills.
As you practice and get better every day, we are sure you will see your ELO score go up!
Come and Join thousands of people playing this fabulous game of Chess everyday on their phone !
* 10 play levels from very easy to extremely hard. There is one level for everyone no matter if your a beginner or an expert!
* Very impressive chess engine which teaches you the names of famous chess openings by showing the name of openings as you play them.
* Play Online against players from all over the world. Get started right away by playing as guest or register for an account at freechess.org (link in the app).
- Get your ranking in three different game modes (Lightning, Blitz, Standard).
- Improve your game skill by watching other players games live.
- Chat with your opponents or other people that are online.
* Send PGN files so you can review your games on your computer or anywhere you like.
* 2 player hot-seat.
* 3 Chess Board colors and 3 Chess Piece Sets.
* Clean and simple interface.
* Keeps statistics so that you can keep track of your improvement.
* Designed for both Tablet and Phone.
Don't forget to rate the game if you like it!
Given 4x4 board of letters, the object is to find as many words as you can in limited time by moving your finger over the letters. At the end of each round, your rank against other players is shown.
★ Challenging game play with realtime leaderboard ranking and online competition
★ Game play similar to Boggle (TM) - 4x4 letter grid to find words from.
★ See meaning of words using online dictionary after your game finishes
★ See number of words remained during game play
★ Rotate letters for a fresh viewpoint
★ Scoreboards for different time-scales. Your ranking is shown in Leaderboards today, this week, this month and all time.
★ Detailed profile info. See your rankings directly in your profile.
★ Between 100 and 200 words on every game
★ Learn new words by seeing meanings in the dictionary, improve your brain
★ Multiple account support, every family member can have a different profile
★ Multi language support: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Turkish
★ Compatible with almost all android mobile phones and tablets
and the most important part: Worgle is totally free!
Thanks "edA-qa mort-ora-y" for giving permission for the "Worgle" name.
Worgle is formerly known as Word Ruggle.
Plumber is a simple, fun, addicting fast thinking puzzle logic game.
As a Plumber you have to connect color pipes so the fluids can flow without crossing paths. Plumber Reloaded is a game of logic, fast thinking and perception. Goal of game is to connect every two elements of the same color with pipes, so the water can flow. No problem, right? Well, the problem is, that pipes you draw cannot cross each other, you are limited to grid and moreover you have time running fast. So act quick, or you'll loose all lives and soon the game will be over ;)
If you draw the wrong pipe, just tap on base element of that pipe. Or shake the phone to reset the level completely.
Unlike all the existing Plumber games it’s not based on turning of the pipes, rather on joining them together. Currently game has little over 260 levels (puzzles) in 5 different difficulties, each with own graphics theme. Sounds that add to the positive experience and motivate user to play more and more. There are 3 game modes – standard 3 stars mode in which you can beat levels one after another, time attack mode with 3 different types – sprint, summer run and marathon – each takes different amount of random levels from each difficulty to solve. Third game mode is training where you can practice your skills. The game provides hours of good fun and is free, though contains some ADs. The game is also called Arukone in some countries.
Like Plumber Reloaded on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PlumberReloaded
If you'd like to translate this game, just send me an email from the game's About screen...
Are you a true chess Warrior?
Game Features Include:
► Interactive 3D, zoom and pan around board
► 3D Chess set pieces
► 2D Chess set pieces
► 2 Player board rotation. Place the Android device on the table like a real chess board!
► 99 AI difficulty settings, from easy to difficult.
► Timed games from 5 minutes to 59 minutes.
► 2nd camera mode to focus on the piece you are currently playing.
► Stuck?, use the move hint generation feature.
► Undo & Redo moves, even after Checkmate.
► Show all the moves for the current game
► Using Undo/Redo, walk through all the moves.
► Restart a completed game from any previous point and play again.
► Save & Load games, to be replayed / analysed or finished later
► "How to Play" chess tutorial showing all the moves
► Support for "Castling", "En Passant" and "Pawn Promotion"
► No Ads or In-App purchases
- Unlimited free play
- Tactics training
- Video lessons
- Computer opponent
Chess.com is #1 in online chess with million of members from around the globe. Chess.com is built by chess players who really love chess, not just programmers tinkering around.
This tactic trainer lets you practice in 3 different modes :
- Solve daily puzzles
- Solve offline puzzle packs
- Use the "Progress" mode to get random problems of your level and know your Elo rating
All puzzles are of a high quality and are guaranteed to have a unique solution. The difficulty ranges from beginner to advanced (2000+ Elo).
Other features :
- A free powerful engine to analyze the puzzles
- Level history
- Bookmark puzzles
- Several board themes
- Optimized for both phones and tablets
- A simple and intuitive interface, with no useless stuff, and no weird problems
Keywords : chess puzzles, free problems, trainer, tactic, chess trainer, puzzles free, strategy
Play against AI
- Selectable ELO Levels to adjust playing strength, from 500 to 2100, on 50 ELO points steps
- Selectable time per move: changing the ELO and the time per move, lots of difficulty levels can be selected
- Opening book with more than 30.000 positions: ensures variated funny games
- Can undo/redo all moves
- Send PGN by email: This way, you can analyze later your games on your PC
- Graphical setup board, also can edit position’s FEN notation
- On closing, saves the current game and it is loaded when the application is restarted
- Play on internet at freechess.org (FICS) or at chessclub.com (ICC)
- Play as guest or as a registered user
- Seek/offer match rated and unrated
- View seeks posted by other users. Can sort seek list by username, rating or game time
- Takeback, draw, abort, resign and rematch options while playing
- Play, Finger and Observe, can also observe LectureBot on FICS or play ProblemBot/TrainingBot on ICC
- Observe current played games in the chess server or follow highest rated games
- Messages: read and send messages to other users
- Game History: you can examine or send by email all your played games
- Console to see server output and to send commands, also for chatting with other users
- Timeseal (FICS) and Timestamp (ICC): avoids lag problems
- Premove option: You can introduce the next movement in your opponent’s turn
- Option to confirm the move before sending it to the server. Forward and Backward buttons are converted on Confirm/Cancel buttons
- Supports wild chess variants: Atomic, Losers, Suicide and Chess960
- 2900+ chess problems to solve looking for the best moves: problems collected by Uwe Auerswald, from Germany
- Selectable problem difficult (Easy, Medium and Hard Problems)
Simple PGN browser, allows you to open PGN files from SD card or from your email
And with the Best Interface
- 2D/3D board
- Clean, simple and intuitive interface (options appear after pressing the “MENU” key)
- Move by dragging and dropping the piece with useful guide lines
- Also move by tapping the origin and the destiny squares or with the trackball
- Portrait and Landscape mode
- Shows legal moves (as yellow traslucid squares)
- Highlights last move (with a yellow arrow or a coloured squarem, can be configured with a settings option), also move hints (as a green arrow) after a request in the menu
- Many piece sets and board styles
- Shows a dot in the side to move and can show board coordinates
- The material gauge indicates the material advantage using this piece values: Pawn=1 Knight=3 Bishop=3 Rook=5 Queen=9. Click on the gauge to show/hide the captured pieces difference
- Shows captured pieces advantage for each one of the sides (as an example if black captured 3 pawns and whites 2, it shows an advantage of 1 white pawn for blacks)
- Speaks moves, checks and game results
- Different sounds for moves, captures and checks, also vibration
- Option to keep the screen on while playing