Williams Manual of Hematology, is a concise and easy-to-navigate compilation of the pathogenic, diagnostic, and therapeutic essentials of blood cell and coagulation protein disorders. Referenced to the classic Williams Hematology, this reference has been carefully edited to deliver only the most clinical point-of-care facts.
// Key Features:
• NEW full-color design includes images of blood and clinical specimans conveniently appearing near the descriptive text
• EXANDED COVERAGE of all the lymphomas, genetics and genomics
• NEW coverage of frontline therapies
• EXPANDED coverage of targeted and monocional therapies for hematological disease
• Carefully edited to present only the most clinical, point-of-care facts
• Includes 9 interactive flowcharts which act as step-by-step decision support tool
• Covering both common and uncommon blood disorders, this complete guide includes sections on:
• Disorders of red cells
• Disorders of granulocytes
• Disorders of monocytes and macrophages
• The clonal myeloid disorders
• The polyclonal lymphoid diseases
• The clonal lymphoid and plasma cell diseases
• Disorders of platelets and hemostasis
• Disorders of coagulation proteins
• Transfusion and hemapheresis
• Covers both common and uncommon blood disorders
// Unique Features
• Full color images: This product includes images that help bring the content to life.
• Update Policy: Edition-based. New editions are released when the content changes significantly; there is no standard schedule for new editions.
// Designed for Omnio
This app will install your new resource into the Omnio environment, which requires a separate download. Learn more by searching for “Omnio” in Google Play.
Preview, Buy, or Sign In using this app.
FREE PREVIEW – View select topics showcasing Merck Manual’s expert-written entries with detailed diagnosis and management information.
ABOUT THE MERCK MANUAL
The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy is the world’s most widely used medical reference. Now, you can access this resource anytime, anywhere on your smartphone and tablet. The Merck Manual helps students and healthcare professionals diagnose and treat patients with contributions from more than 300 medical experts in all fields of medicine. The clinically-focused entries are arranged by topic, symptom, or section and include quick disease overviews and helpful navigation tools make it easy to find answers at the point of care.
• Detailed entries written by 300+ trusted medical experts
• Hundreds of high resolution images and videos
• Disease topics containing general principles, diagnosis, treatment, and more
• Outlines at the bottom of entries with links to related content
• Useful symptoms index to help find answers fast
• New information for treating geriatric patients
• “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries
Editors: Robert S. Porter, MD; Justin L. Kaplan, MD
Publisher: Merck & Co., Inc.
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
Preview, Buy, or Sign In using this app.
FREE PREVIEW – View select topics showing the Washington Manual’s comprehensive diagnosis and treatment information delivered in a proven, fast-read format.
ABOUT WASHINGTON MANUAL
The Washington Manual streamlines diagnosis and treatment recommendations for hundreds of medical conditions on your mobile device without the need for an internet connection. Interns, residents, and medical students save valuable time by searching for practical answers to questions encountered on a regular basis. Evidence-based entries present current therapeutic options and Unbound MEDLINE integration delivers supporting abstracts and journal articles directly to your mobile device in the hospital and at the bedside.
ABOUT UNBOUND MEDLINE
Quickly search over 22 million journal articles from the PubMed database on your smartphone and tablet. Results contain abstracts, citations, and links to available full text articles that can be read on device and shared with classmates and colleagues. Additionally, Unbound MEDLINE contains Grapherence™, an exclusive way to visually explore interrelationships and relevance in the medical literature.
• 600+ new and updated quick-reference topics
• Decision support algorithms for diagnosis and treatment
• Evidence-based description of proven therapies
• Reference links to the medical literature through Unbound MEDLINE
• General principles, diagnosis, and treatment information in each disease entry
• New toxicology topics
• “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries
Editors: Hemant Godara, MD; Angela Hirbe, MD; Michael Nassif, MD; Hannah Otepka, MD; Aron Rosenstock, MD
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
The smartphone application MediGrip is aimed to help physicians, therapists and researchers to keep up to date with the most relevant and interesting results in research.
MediGrip covers fields such as rehabilitation medicine, physical medicine and physiotherapy, sports medicine, exercise physiology, rheumatology and orthopedic surgery.
MediGrip essentially is a tear off calendar, that is available on your smartphone.
This tear off calendar provides a headline, a commentary and links of recent research papers on a daily basis.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN ONE APP
The free Skyscape app comes loaded with a valuable package of medical resources, including drug information, medical calculators and clinical information on over 850 topics.
•More than 600 premium resources in 35 medical specialties are available for purchase from within this one convenient app.
•Robust features include SmartLink™, Skyscape’s proprietary cross-reference functionality; medical calculators; algorithms; interactive images; flowcharts; and frequent content updates.
INCLUDED FOR FREE
•Skyscape Rx: Comprehensive information on thousands of brands and generics, with interactions (including multi-drug analyzer tool), pill images and over 400 integrated dosing calculators.
•Skyscape Clinical Calculator: Medical calculator with more than 200 interactive tools, organized by specialty.
•Skyscape Clinical Consult: Evidence-based clinical information on hundreds of diseases and symptom-related topics, presented in convenient outline format.
•MedBeats™: In-context and specialty-focused journal summaries, trial results, breaking clinical news, drug alerts and other information, fully integrated with the app’s global search and SmartLink.
Skyscape has partnered with more than 50 respected publishers and content providers to offer a virtual “greatest hits” of the most trusted medical resources, regularly updated to ensure you have the most current information at your fingertips. Popular premium resources include:
•5-Minute Clinical Consult (5MCC)
•Diseases and Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual
•Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses
•Rosen and Barkin's 5 Minute Emergency Medicine Consult
•Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary
•Netter’s Atlas of Human Anatomy
•Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology
•The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy
•Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
POWERFUL TOOLS TURN INFORMATION INTO ACTION
•SmartLink™ – Empowers your natural thought process by cross-referencing all consulted resources, from initial patient interaction to diagnosing, treating and prescribing.
•Content Updates – Skyscape resources are continuously updated so you can be confident that you have the most up-to-date available.
•SmartSearch™ – Patented dynamic search finds the information you need, even when you don’t know where to look.
•Algorithms – Clinical decision trees guide diagnosis and treatment choices.
•Integrated Calculators – Power on-screen calculations directly from your research topic.
•Flowcharts – Transform complex algorithms and protocols from static images into dynamic step-by-step decision support tools.
•Full Color Images – Bring conditions to life and incorporate clickable “hotspots” to identify structures.
•Signs & Symptoms Index – Matches a comprehensive checklist of symptoms with possible diagnoses.
Skyscape customer support is always available to help get you up and running, available by email or phone (see http://www.skyscape.com/support).
Grazie ad un’interfaccia lineare ed intuitiva è possibile memorizzare velocemente i propri farmaci, le visite e gli esami, così da poterne fare richiesta al medico.
Non è più necessario preoccuparsi delle lunghe code in ambulatorio e di perdere parte della giornata per avere un’impegnativa (e magari arrivare a casa e scoprire che è errata): selezionando dalla propria banca dati i medicinali terminati o una nuova visita specialistica, per cui si necessita di nuova ricetta medica, l’applicazione permette l’invio diretto e personalizzato delle comunicazioni al proprio medico di base, in pochi e semplici click.
L’applicazione è utile per tutti, ma diventa ancora più utile per tutte quelle persone che ciclicamente necessitano di ricette mediche per acquistare medicinali o prenotare esami, secondo un piano terapeutico seguito ed approvato da uno specialista, senza obbligo di visita ogni volta che si effettua una richiesta. Per poter inviare queste richieste, l’unica condizione necessaria affinché il sistema funzioni è la predisposizione del proprio medico alla ricezione di email.
Ma questo non è vincolante per l’utilizzo dell’applicazione: può essere comunque di grande aiuto per il controllo della correttezza delle ricette. In ambulatorio si può infatti controllare che medicinali ed esami salvati nell’applicazione coincidano con la ricetta appena ritirata… evitando di accorgersene troppo tardi, quando ormai si è a casa e si dovrebbe ritornare nello studio del medico per far correggere la prescrizione.
Check more detail and user guide here: m-pax.net
This is a lite version with record limitation.
If you want a more general logbook, you can find our Log4AS app
• Intuitive data entry. Each time you add a record it is added to the existing set of records. It is possible to delete records, update and amend existing records at any time.
• Access to the data held on the Android device can be password protected in case of loss or theft.
• Data can be imported from the backup file, easy for switch or upgrade mobile phone
• Backup has an easy to read and understand Excel spreadsheet format.
• The backup files can be displayed on your PC or Mac as an Excel spreadsheet and imported back on your phone if needed. No need for WiFi or GSM/3G access when entering and editing data or generating reports.
• Reports are generated without the need for WiFi communication and can be viewed on your Android device screen for instant checking and reviewing.
• The report is stored in the mobile phone.
• No need for a WiFi or GSM/3G connection in order to enter and save data or generate the reports. Data entered on each operation is saved in your mobile phone memory (security protected). You can also backup your operation data on the SD card on your phone.
• You can email to yourself all the reports you have generated in one easy command so that they can be printed.
o The only times you need access to WiFi or a GSM/3G network is when you want to email another computer for backup and printing.
• The reports generated are:
• Patient report
• Specialty report
• Diagnosis report
• Organ report
• Care-length report
• Procedure report
• Exposure report
• Comments report
• Patient outcome report
• A simple search capability so as you can find particular records for review or editing.
It just got a whole lot easier to stay current with the most recent developments in drug therapy and pharmaceutical economics. The Clinical Therapeutics app, now available for your android tablets and smartphones, brings you the convenience of reading your favorite journal from anywhere in the world with just a tap.
•Browse new issues and read new Articles in Press throughout the month, or jump to the featured
articles with a tap!
•Download issues while reading: no need to wait
•Layouts and navigation get you to content you want more quickly and conveniently
•Interact with figures, tables, multimedia and supplementary content
•Personalize your experience with My Reading List, Notes, saved articles for offline reading, sharing articles via social media, emailing useful content
Journal Subscribers: Log in with the same username and password that grants you access to the full journal content on the Clinical Therapeutics website. These credentials will allow full access to all content on the app.
About Clinical Therapeutics
Clinical Therapeutics provides peer-reviewed, rapid publication of recent developments in drug therapy and pharmaceutical economics, as well as in-depth supplements on specific drug therapies or disease states. The journal publishes studies exploring new drugs and new indications for existing drugs; large, multicenter Phase III and IV trials; and the results of a broad range of multispecialty clinical studies. The journal features 3 specialty sections: Pediatric, Adolescent, & Maternal Therapeutics; Pharmaceutical Economics & Health Policy; and Pharmacokinetics, Bioavailability, & Bioequivalence.
The app is the result of collaboration between CDC's Division of STD Prevention and the Public Health Surveillance and Informatics Program Office's Informatics Research & Development Activity. The information in this mobile application is based on the CDC’s 2010 Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines (MMWR 2010;59(No. RR-12) and the 2012 MMWR Update to CDC's Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines, 2010: Oral Cephalosporins No Longer a Recommended Treatment for Gonococcal Infections (MMWR 2012; 61 (31): 590-594).
THE MATERIALS EMBODIED IN THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC) OR THE UNITED STATES (U.S.) GOVERNMENT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSE OF USE, SAVINGS OR REVENUE, OR THE CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, WHETHER OR NOT CDC OR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE POSSESSION, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
The primary hypothesis of this trial is to demonstrate that minimally invasive surgery (MIS) plus recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA) for three days improves functional outcome by a 13% increase in the modified Rankin Scale (mRS) score 0-3 compared to medically treated subjects.
Unterstützend dient dabei eine Vielzahl an Abbildungen, um alle Fragen rund um die Hämatologie im Arzt-Patienten-Gespräch mittels Anschauungsmaterial abklären zu können. Die Abbildungen sind verständlich, präzise und enthalten alle notwendigen Erläuterungen.
Der Miniatlas Hämatologie bietet Ihnen darüber hinaus folgende Funktionen:
- Verschiedene Themengebiete, in denen Sie nach Stichworten suchen können.
- Sie können jedes Bild per E-Mail versenden.
- Portrait- oder Landschaftsmodus
- Erhältlich für iPhone, iPad und iPod Touch
Wir hoffen, dass Sie diese Miniatlas App hilfreich finden.
Esercitati per l'esame di accesso alle Scuole di Specializzazione in Medicina con questa utile applicazione.
Tutte le 5400 domande di carattere generale + 350 per ogni specializzazione pubblicate dal MIUR, aggiornate all'anno accademico 2013, proposte con un'interfaccia semplice e veloce.
Con questa app è possibile:
- sfogliare le domande per specializzazione e rispondere in modo sequenziale;
- rispondere alle domande in ordine casuale;
- salvare alcune domande in una lista speciale per trovarle più facilmente;
- cercare le domande utilizzando qualsiasi parola contenuta in esse e visualizzare velocemente la risposta corretta;
- tenere il conto di quante volte si è risposto in modo corretto o sbagliato ad ogni domanda.
Le specializzazioni incluse nell'app: Generale (5400 domande), Allergologia e immunologia clinica, Anatomia Patologica, Anestesia e rianimazione e terapia intensiva, Audiologia e foniatria, Biochimica clinica, Cardiochirurgia, Chirurgia dell'apparato digerente, Chirurgia generale, Chirurgia maxillo-facciale, Chirurgia pediatrica, Chirurgia plastica ricostruttiva ed estetica, Chirurgia toracica, Chirurgia vascolare, Dermatologia e venereologia, Ematologia, Endocrinologia e malattie del ricambio, Farmacologia, Gastroenterologia, Genetica medica, Geriatria, Ginecologia e ostetricia, Igiene e medicina preventiva, Malattie dell'apparato cardiovascolare, Malattie dell'apparato respiratorio, Malattie infettive, Medicina del lavoro, Medicina dello sport, Medicina d'emergenza-urgenza, Medicina di comunità, Medicina fisica e riabilitativa, Medicina interna, Medicina legale, Medicina nucleare, Medicina termale, Medicina tropicale, Microbiologia e virologia, Nefrologia, Neurochirurgia, Neurologia, Neuropsichiatria infantile, Oftalmologia, Oncologia, Ortopedia e traumatologia, Otorinolaringoiatria, Patologia clinica, Pediatria, Psichiatria, Radiodiagnostica, Radioterapia, Reumatologia, Scienza dell'alimentazione, Tossicologia medica, Urologia.
Tante altre utili funzionalità sono in fase di realizzazione. Scrivete all'indirizzo email@example.com per eventuali suggerimenti.
Applicazione totalmente gratuita e priva di pubblicità! Per eventuali donazioni visitate il sito web dell'app, grazie.
Currently available quizzes:
• Multiple Myeloma Edition: Questions devised by Adam D. Cohen, MD; Amitabha Mazumder, MD; Noopur Raje, MD; and Seema Singhal, MD
• So You Think You’re A Hepatitis C Expert?: Questions devised by Nezam H. Afdhal, MD, FRCPI; Raymond T. Chung, MD; Jordan J. Feld, MD, MPH; Donald M. Jensen, MD; Paul Y. Kwo, MD; Andrew J. Muir, MD, MHS; David R. Nelson, MD; Paul J. Pockros, MD; Fred Poordad, MD; Mark S. Sulkowski, MD; Stefan Zeuzem, MD
To take the quiz, simply review each case-based question and select the optimal management strategy from the multiple choice options. You will then be presented with the correct answer, as determined by the expert faculty, with supporting evidence and a summary of how other participants to date have responded. Questions that you answer incorrectly will be presented to you again later, allowing you another chance to answer correctly.
The quiz enables you to compete with other participants by earning points that determine your place on the leaderboard.
• New batches of questions and new quizzes added regularly
• Customizable leaderboard allows you to compare your scores with your peers by degree and country
• Accrue bonus points for fast responses and consecutive streaks of correct answers
• Receive recognition in the leaderboard for correct answer streaks and number of questions completed
• Earn CME credit by reviewing online educational material related to the content of the quiz
Lou ZC, Albertsson-Wikland K, Karlberg J. Target height as predicted by parental heights in a population-based study. Pediatric Research. 1998; 44: 563-571.
Garn SM. Body size and its implications. pages 529-561. IN: Hoffman LW, Hoffman ML (editors). Review of Child Development Research. Volume 2. 1966
This app can be used by physicians to assess nutritional state of a patient and by athlets who want to keep track of the achievements of their training.
This app calculates MELD score and provides the survival rate after 1 day, 7 days, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year and 2 years.
Chalasani N, Kahi C, et al. Letter to the Editor: Model for End-Stage Liver Disease (MELD) for predicting mortality in patients with acute variceal bleeding. Hepatology. 2002; 35: 1282-1284.
Kamath PS, Wiesner RH, et al. A model to predict survival in patients with end-stage liver disease. Hepatology. 2001; 33: 464-470.
Swensen SJ, Silverstein MD, et al. The probability of malignancy in solitary pulmonary nodules. Application to small radiologically indeterminate nodules. Arch Intern Med. 1997; 157: 849-855.
Peel AAF, Semple T, et al. A coronary prognostic index for grading the severity of infarction. Br Heart J. 1962; 24: 745-760.
Shah KB, Kleinman BS, et al. Angina and other risk factors in patients with cardiac diseases undergoing noncardiac operations. Anesth Analg. 1990; 70: 240-247.
McCullough PA, Sandberg KR, Thompson RJ. Letter to the Editor: Predicting outcomes after cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Arch Intern Med. 2001; 161: 615-616.
Girth of abdomen has to be taken at the level of the iliac crests and umbilicus.
Girth of thigh is the maximal girth.
Skinfold thickness of thigh is the vertical fold on the anterior aspect of the thigh midway between the hip and knee joints.
Latin RW, Johnson SC, Ruhling RO. An anthropometric estimation of body composition of older men. J Gerontology. 1987; 42: 24-28.