Understanding and visualizing what you read can go a long way in making reading fun and then reading becomes learning. Purinjudha? is a free app (no ads) that helps you do just that and enjoy reading.
"Purinjudha?" (Puriñcutā?), a question in Tamil, translates to "Understood?".
- Interact with sentences to identify their parts, read the sentence with pauses, listen to the sentence being read
- Lookup meanings of words in the context of its use in a sentence, see information and images of things, places and more
- Use as a handy dictionary to get meanings of word and phrases in simple language, examples, similar words and pronunciations
- Find similar and describing words using the Word Circle
- Enter, speak or scan the text you want to understand and learn
- Share what you learn with others by sharing words and sentences from within the app
- Read a short story every day to practice your comprehension strategies
- Integrated with Macmillan English Dictionary
- Integrated with Wikipedia for more details and images
Have fun reading!