Attention! Check the version of your ZTE Blade in Settings » About phone » Build number. The unlock code is only valid for the build "ZTE-BLADEV1.0.0B04".
For any other version of ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco you can use my other application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ngeeks.unlockb03
Proximity Sensor Finder tells you a few things about your device:
1. Does the device have a proximity sensor?
2. Is an object in close proximity detected?
3. Does this device support actual proximity distances or just "covered" and "uncovered" sensor states?
4. For supported devices, exactly how far away is the object?
5. How long has the sensor been covered?
6. How much power is the proximity sensor consuming?
We developed Proximity Sensor Finder as an internal testing tool but it soon became apparent that there was a need in the market for just such an app, so we decided to ship it and make it free!
Internet and location permissions requested are just for ads, no other data is transmitted or received.
Attention! Check the version of your phone in Settings » About phone » Build number. The unlock code generated is valid for all versions except for the ZTE Blade build "ZTE-BLADEV1.0.0B04", in that case you will have to use my other application:
You'll be able to test the following:
Accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, proximity sensor, pressure sensor...
You'll be able to check your LAN status: internal & external IP, gateway, DHCP server...
Signal, network type, external IP, SIM data...
You'll see the real data provided by the GPS: satellites, latitude, longitude, altitude, speed...
Level of charge, time on, temperature, health...
How many points of contact does your device recognize?
Information about hardware and software like CPU, RAM, kernel version, screen...
This app is similar to EVEREST or AIDA64, but apart from showing the components and system information, it also shows sensors readings.
The Pro version of Phone Tester displays more information (CPU speed, phone memory, sd card memory) and removes the ads.
Small, innovative and very useful utility, allowing you to perform various actions using the proximity sensor of your device.
Users of Advanced Screen Control would recognize some of the functionality and would appreciate the cleaner UI and the additional features. This is a continuation of my efforts related to the proximity sensor utilization.
"Wave" means to wave (or slide) your hand (or finger) closely in front of the proximity sensor of your device, in accordance with the chosen settings.
"Hold" means to block the proximity sensor and quickly release it after feeling the vibration.
WARNING: Using this app requires some level of technical awareness and understanding of what the proximity sensor is, where it is and how it works! Make sure you carefully read the this app description and each of the in-app options' description before use!
✔ Music: Play/Pause (Android 3.0 and up), Play Next, Play Previous;
✔ Lock the device;
✔ Wake up and optionally unlock the device;
✔ Toggle Auto-Rotation On/Off;
✔ Change the screen orientation, without releasing the orientation lock (Android 3.0 and up);
✔ Launch any app;
✔ Toggle the LED light On/Off (if available).
✔ Home screen shortcuts for starting or stopping service (can be used with Tasker)
DISCLAIMER: Some devices (LG, HTC and other) seem to have slower proximity sensors so you would have to adjust the settings and wave slower, but the app works on every device with functioning proximity sensor!
Contact me if you want to help translate or fix a translation!
The app hardly use any battery power. You shouldn't even see it in the statistics.
TO UNINSTALL: Uncheck the "Device Administrator" option in the app first!
AD SYSTEM: The app is ad-supported. Due to its nature of a background service which is used without a visible UI, it has a unique ad system, which may show an ad in the bottom of the screen after a use, but no more then once or twice per day. Ads are shown for few seconds, have a button for immediate dismissal and do not interrupt your activity in any way, other then just by being shown. By installing the app you agree to see those ads in the way described above. There is an "Ad-Free use" option for people who support the development otherwise. Contact me for more information!
This app is developed solely by me, initially for personal use, as I couldn't find such anywhere. If you like my work and want to support my efforts - please give a 5 star rating and share it with your friends! You can also buy me a drink in the app! Thanks!
Most of the permissions are self-explanatory and are needed by the app's functionality.
The INTERNET and the LOCATION permissions are needed by the ads.
The ACCOUNTS permission is needed to grant ad-free use to people who support the development otherwise.
The CAMERA permission is for using the LED light.
ROOT is currently required if any ad-blocking is detected and the "Ad-Free use" option is not checked. It will also be used for some new features.
No personal information is collected and/or sent whatsoever!
1) Turn off the screen by sliding your hand
2) Turn off the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Tap and Hold)
3) Turn on the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Tap and Hold) - Note: This can cause Battery Drain
4) Enable screen on/off during calls only
5) ScreenOff shortcut, to turn off the screen by launching the app.
6) Based on your device select the sensor of your choice, or the one that's available and configure their values, as they are different for different devices.
Motivation to build this app:
1) While the phone is in pocket, and you have your bluetooth headset connected, even though you can answer your call with a click of bluetooth headset button, because the screen goes on and remains on, your call may hang-up or go on hold or probably few buttons may get pressed, isn't that annoying?
2) Lot of android phones don’t turn off the screen when phone is held close ear (You may end up hanging up on someone)
3) Accidental call pickups: Since capacitive screens are sensitive to touch as well as heat, An Incoming call gets picked up automatically when phone is in the pocket (And we get obliged to speak to annoying calls)
4) Its Cool!!!
5) If you are a HD2 user, you would know the pain. Many users have replaced that hardware buttons due to usage!!!
NOTE: To un-install, go Settings, Locations & Security, Select Device Administrators and disable the ScreenOff App
For Support: Post you questions on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9884280#
1) HD2, Desire HD, Nexus One, Motorolla Xoom(Light Sensor), DROID Incredible
With Senor Sense you can view all your sensors in real time.
Most sensors also display a chart with the output of the sensor so you can better watch the changes during the time.
Sensor Sense give you access to:
• Environment sensors
- Temperature sensor
- Light sensor
- Pressure sensor
- Relative humidity
• Motion sensors
- Gravity sensor
- Linear acceleration
- Rotation vector
• Position sensors
- Magnetic field
- Longitude, latitude and altitude
- Speed and accuracy
- Level, voltage and temperature
- Status and health
Sensor Sense combines all these features with a beautiful Holo design that brings the Pure Android feeling to you.
The sensors are presented in Google Now Card style.
Sensor Sense supports also:
• App 2 SD
Note: not all devices may contain all these sensors.
Please do not post any support questions in a review, but send me an email so I can reply on your questions.
Sensor Kinetics is an advanced viewer and monitor for all of the standard sensors available in your Android device. You can finally see and log the accelerometer, gyroscope or the magnetometer in real time action!
Written by one of the pioneers of the use of accelerometers and gyroscopes within the modern smartphone, it provides a comprehensive look at the total dynamics of the combined operations of all the sensors.
The app demonstrates the use of the accelerometer, gyroscope and the rotation sensor to control a tilt based view navigation like the RotoView technology by INNOVENTIONS. It also demonstrates the operation of the magnetic sensor, the linear acceleration sensor and the gravity sensor within special graphical displays.
Use Sensor Kinetics to monitor and understand the behavior of the sensors while you change the delay setting or activate/deactivate specific sensors. Each sensor is attached to a sophisticated chart viewer. If you need to save or share sensor charts, please purchase the companion Sensor Kinetics Pro.
For educational users, the app includes comprehensive help files which provide physics students with hands-on knowledge of how these sensors interact with smartphones and suggest numerous experiments you can perform on your phone or tablet.
Who Should Use Sensor Kinetics?
Developers, students, hobbyists, technicians, engineers... anyone who's curious about what lies "under the hood" of their mobile device!
Test your Android phone or tablet: Sensor Kinetics allows you to test all of the sensors on your device. For example, you can quickly determine if your Android device has a gyroscope sensor and how fast it's operating. The numerous chart viewers allow you to measure any sensor over time and gauge their accuracy and behavior.
Educational: Sensor Kinetics demonstrates the physics of gravity, acceleration, rotation, magnetism and more as these forces are measured by your phone or tablet. The app includes comprehensive help files with easy to understand information and experiments you can perform with the sensors.
App Developers: View in detail the behavior of the sensors used in your apps. Compare the performance of advanced sensors like gyroscope, linear acceleration sensor and the rotation sensor.
This app relates to gyroscope and accelerometer data logging, magnetometer, smart scroll, science, physics, tilt measure, pressure sensor, relative humidity sensor, light sensor, linear acceleration, temperature sensor, proximity sensor, gravity sensor, MEMS, kinetics
More features will be avaliable soon for you to chose.
• Support for tablets with Light Sensor only (Make sure you set sensor sensitivity to low).
• Tasker integration with quick service start/stop toggle
• Schedule start/stop of service (Save battery power during night)
• Pocket/Flip or Smart Cover Mode: Turns screen OFF when sensor covered and ON when uncovered. (Feature requested by Galaxy Note users)
• Turn Screen On/Off with following gestures:
1) Swipe Once,
2) Swipe Twice,
3) Swipe and Hold,
4) Hold and Swipe and
5) Cover and Hold
• Ignore Apps list: Add the apps/games where you want to disable the service
• Widget: to start and stop the service
• ScreenOff shortcut: to turn off the screen by launching the app.
• Sensor Configuration : Based on your device select the sensor of your choice, or the one that's available and configure their values, as they are different for different devices.
• Enable screen on/off during calls only
• Disable call handling completely
• Battery Saving options:
1) Option to De-Activate sensors after timeout
2) Option to De-Activate sensors if power button is pressed or phone goes idle
• Override power button and screen-on by other apps (Phone is in pocket and you get a call or you accidentally press the power button, screen will remain off)
• Prevent accidental screen on
• Disable accidental lock - in Swipe to Screen Off mode if the sensor is covered for longer than specified duration screen wont turn off
• Vibration on screen On/Off
• App needs SDCard read/write permissions for debug logging support
• If app does not work with flip cover but works with hand, then try
a) Enable No-Recognize Delay and add about 4-5 seconds of delay
b) or try pasting a white piece of paper on the cover where the sensor is located, that will help the detection.
• If Gestures or any other settings (like lock-screen) are not working, please Clear app data from
Settings -> Application Manager -> Proximity Screen Off Pro -> Clear Data
• If you have problem where screen turns off and on again immediately, try using the option "Alternate Method to screen off".
• Default timeout after screenOn will be system display timeout. can be overridden by "Avoid screen Flickering"
• Removing/Uninstalling the app
- Launch ProximityScreenOff Pro and click Uninstall button
- System Settings , "Locations & Security" or just "Security" , Select Device Administrators and disable the ScreenOff App
• App needs Device Administrator privilege to lock the screen, If you have any questions on permissions used by the app, please send me an email and i will explain you the reason app needs them.
• To enable lock screen - Use option "Locks phone on screenOn" under "All settings"
For Support: Post you questions on
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9884280# or (Send mail on mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
Galaxy Note, S2, S3, Tab, Htc OneX, HD2, Desire HD, Google Nexus,
Motorolla Xoom(Light Sensor), DROID Incredible
(Cover, Smart Cover, Screen, Switch, toggle, tap, power, battery, gesture, lock, smartlock, smart screen off, screen off, screen on, power saver, Galaxy Note, wave, tab, tablet, switch, nexus, s3, sgs, screen on, one touch, tasker)
Battery Calibration also shows you some battery parameters like temperature, charge level, general condition, etc.
How should you use Battery Calibration? Here is some manual:
1) Charge your phone until the battery is 100% full.
2) Click 'Calibrate!' button.
3) Let the battery completely discharge.
4) Charge the battery once more to 100%.
Note that this free application is ad supported and contains ads.
Check which sensors are available and what they meassure. Useful for all developers, but also for everyone who wants to test the device's sensors.
Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetic Field, Gyroscope, Light, Pressure, Proximity, Gravity, Linear Acceleration, Rotation Vector, Orientation, Relative Humidity, Temperature and Ambient Temperature.
Additional you can also check some more interesting device information about your Display, Hardware, Software, Battery, Memory,...
In portrait and landscape mode.
Don't hesitate to give a feedback. Please write an email if you got any problems.
Calibration needs to be done after flashing a new ROM, but you can calibrate any time you think your battery is miscalibrated. This program does it by removing the batterystats.bin system file. The OS generates a new clean batterystats file soon, thus any fake information from the previous ROM is removed.
It's suggested, but not necessary, to let the phone fully discharge after calibration, then charged to 100% without break.
The app shows your actual battery status, and only allows you to start the calibration (i.e. removes the file) when it's fully charged, unless you force earlier calibration.
The voltage meter can be useful too. Full charge is around 4200mV.
There is an option to beep when 100% is reached so you don't have to closley follow the changes.
More from developer
How to install:
Download from Google market and press install. It might be necessary to tick the unknown source field in the security and privacy settings in your handset.
In extremely cold weather or abnormal temperature conditions your phone might not function like it normally should. If you are operating your phone in extreme cold conditions the touchpad of your phone may not react as it would under normal conditions. Any effect to the usage of the touchpad may therefore be caused due the impact of the surrounding environment.
In order to avoid any inconvenience or interruption to the usage of your device, ZTE will provide a user friendly solution to ensure the usability of your device.
This app solves typical touchpad problems through the calibration of the settings on your phone which are then adapted to a lower temperature environment.
All settings are done automatically, one need only install and execute the app on your phone.
Place your phone on an isolated desk (lay some non conducting material between your phone and the desk) then execute the application. While the process is ongoing please keep a certain distance between yourself and the device in order to avoid any unwanted influence during the calibration. The process will take only a few seconds. Once completed you may then return to main home screen and start using your phone normally.