You want to know if the next lunar eclipse is visible from your location or when the next bright comet is visible? You would like to be notified by your smart phone the next time, Jupiter and the Moon meet in the sky? You want to know what the blazing bright object in the evening sky is? You want to be always up-to-date which celestial events are visible from your location? Then this app is a must-have for you!
The app does not only include a live, zoomable sky map telling you what sky object you are looking at but provides you with loads of detailed extra information on stars, planets, deep sky objects, meteor showers, comets, asteroids, lunar and solar eclipses as well as detailed ephemeris of all included sky objects and an interactive top-down view of the Solar System. All that in just one app!
- Zoomable sky map showing stars, planets, asteroids, and more (above and below the horizon)
- Interactive top-down view of the Solar System
- Live mode (point device on sky and get information on what you see)
- Calendar showing detailed descriptions of celestial events
- Push celestial events to your phone's calendar and set a reminder alarm
- Rise, set, and transit times for any object
- Position of any object in the sky (altitude and direction)
- Twilight times, length of day
- Bright Star Catalog (~9000 stars) with detailed information
- More than 400 000 additional stars from the PPM Star Catalog (Android 3.1 or higher required)
- 2500 selected NGC objects (galaxies, clusters, ...)
- Messier Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Caldwell Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Hidden Treasures Catalog (109 objects) complete with images
- Meteor streams (begin, maximum, hourly rate, ...)
- Lunar and solar eclipses information
- Lunar librations, ascending node, maximum declination
- Bright comets (automatically selected according to the date)
- Dwarf planets: The five known dwarf planets
- Minor planets: bright, near Earth, trans-Neptune (more than 10000 in the database)
- Update database online: download up-to-date orbital elements of comets and minor planets
- Moon phases, the apparent view of the sun and planets
- Current image of the Sun and sunspot number
- Automatically generated visibility report for any object
- Simulation of light pollution
- Intuitive User Interface: quickly find what you are looking for
- Widget with rise & set times of the Sun and Moon
- Maintain your favorite locations in a list
- Automatic location determination from the mobile network or GPS
- Select a location from a built-in database or online via Google Maps
- 400 observatory locations
- Choose any time and date
- Detailed ephemeris, visibility information of all objects
- Dates of conjunctions between any object with planets or the Moon
- 3D-view of the Moon and the planets
- Accurate calculations for dates between 1900 and 2100
Get started quickly
• Launch the app and point your device at the night sky, you'll see the stars, planets, satellites, and constellations in their proper place for your location. As you move your device, the star map updates in real time. The Moon is the easiest first target.
• Tap Augmented Reality icon in the upper right corner to add the image from your camera to your sky view.
• Use Night Mode to go easy on your eyes and preserve night vision when exploring the Universe.
Go deeper and beyond
• Every star, planet, constellation, or deep space object, such as nebulae and galaxies, has an (i) next to its name. Tap it to access information.
• A scale on right is the Time Machine, slide it to explore the map of the night sky of tomorrow or years ago.
• StarWalk has data on over 9000 man-made satellites. Track their flight across the sky, be it day or night, catch iridium flares.
• Meteor showers are spectacular yearly events. Star Walk can help you plan ahead and locate the meteor shower on the night sky.
Share your experience
• Post pictures from your virtual planetarium and let your friends learn about the night sky. Astronomy has never been so engaging!
Duran Duran's keyboard Nick Rhodes mentions Star Walk as his favorite app:
"With the Star Walk app, if you hold your device up towards the sky, you can see all the stars and constellations. It even tells you the names of all the planets. Then, if you point it towards the ground, it shows you what all the stars are in the other hemisphere. It’s brilliant, and if you’re ever somewhere with a clear sky and no light pollution, it’s a revelation. It’s beautifully designed and makes clever use of the available technology. I’m fascinated by astronomy, but even if you’re not, give this a go."
- The Star Spotter feature won't work for the devices that are not equipped with the gyroscope and compass.
- For Android 4.4 KitKat users: the application doesn't support ART, please switch to Dalvik.
This app covers the following topics, applicable to college-level Astronomy 120 or any other introductory computational astronomy course:
- Get an overview of constellations, including the effects of proper motion
- Learn the celestial reference points and their location in your sky
- Explore solar system objects, properties, and dynamics
- Study Moon phases, eclipses, and tides
- Examine properties of over 100,000 stars, including distance, parallax, luminosity, and position on the Hertzsprung–Russell diagram
- Learn about the seasons and when meteor showers occur
- Access formulas such as Newton's and Kepler's laws, escape velocity, moments of inertia, angular momentum, and Einstein's famous E=mc^2
- Convert between wavelength and frequency, or find the energy of a photon
- Understand the cosmological effects of universal expansion on light and the gravitational effects of black holes
- Determine the probability of intelligent life on other worlds
The Wolfram Astronomy Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Astronomy Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
The sensor control will also enable you to identify a star in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on Android featuring:
* a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
* a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
* asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
* artificial satellites, including the International Space Station
* realistic Milky Way
* realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
* accurate simulation of stars extinction, and atmosphere refraction
* 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
* night mode (red)
* GPS positioning, accelerometers control of the direction of view in the sky
Stellarium mobile Sky Map is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium stars chart app.
Astronomy Guide is the perfect reference source for finding planets, stars, constellations, and even the history of space travel. Know more about planet Earth and the solar system. Easy controls and rich illustrations make this an ideal gift for the curious mind. Get it today and begin to understand the universe where we all live!
- Unique navigational display
- User-friendly, intuitive interaction
- Easy-to-use Search and Browse Functions
- Bookmark and Save Favorites
- Share and engage with friends using social media features
Explore the skies above you and expand your knowledge of Astronomy today!
SkySafari Pro will completely replace your desktop astronomy software, and forever change the way you view the night sky. With SkySafari Pro, you can now explore the universe - not just from Earth, but from anywhere in the Milky Way galaxy!
As just reviewed in Sky & Telescope magazine, the iOS version of SkySafari is "revolutionary" and a "game-changer". Now here for Android, SkySafari will change the way you do astronomy!
SkySafari Pro has the largest database of any astronomy app, period. It weighs in at half a gig, and contains over 15.3 million stars from the Hubble Guide Star catalog, plus 740,000 galaxies down to 18th magnitude, and over 580,000 solar system objects - including every comet and asteroid ever discovered.
SkySafari Pro includes NASA's latest LRO Moon map, with 8x the resolution of any other SkySafari version.
Make sure you have at least 1.5 GB of free space on your internal SD card for SkySafari Pro to download this database from Google Play the first time it runs! (Note: due to Google Play rules, this data cannot be moved to your external SD card - you must have 1.5 GB free on your internal SD card!)
SkySafari Pro can point your GoTo or "Push-To" telescope anywhere in the sky, using your Android device's built-in WiFi or bluetooth, and our SkyFi wireless or Starry Night BlueStar bluetooth serial adapter.
SkySafari Pro accurately shows you the sky from any place on Earth, at any time up to 100 years in the past or future. It includes 1100 encyclopedic descriptions of the constellations, stars, and planets written by professional astronomers. And it contains over 800 images from NASA space missions, the Hubble Space Telescope, and the world's foremost astro-photographers.
If you have an Android device with a compass, SkySafari Pro can help you identify stars and planets by holding your phone next to them. Tap the Compass button (or tilt your phone up toward the sky) to activate the compass. Now, as you move the phone around, the sky chart follows your motion. Search for any object in the sky, and follow the arrow on screen to find it!
SkySafari has a "Night" button to preserve your dark adaptation as you're exploring the night sky. The Time Flow feature lets you animate the night sky using simple VCR controls - follow the motion of the stars and planets as SkySafari compresses days, months, and years into a few seconds.
SkySafari Pro includes 1500 times more stars than Google SkyMap, and 580,000 solar system objects. It includes every known moon, asteroid, and comet in the solar system - not just the Sun, Moon, and planets.
Our apps contain hundreds of built-in images, and thousands of object descriptions, written by professional astronomers. Other apps give you Wikipedia links - which don't do much good when you're out in the field, away from Wi-Fi or data network connections.
Our Plus and Pro versions can control telescopes; other apps cannot. Nor can they reproduce basic astronomical phenomena like eclipses and moon shadow transits. Our apps were developed by passionate astronomers with a penchant for accuracy. We stand by our products!
TROUBLESHOOTING AND PERFORMANCE TIPS
Having trouble downloading the data files? Is it running slowly? Check our web site for help:
Answers to the most frequently asked questions about SkySafari Pro for Android:
If all else fails, send us an email - we're firstname.lastname@example.org, and we're happy to hear from you.
Combining simplicity and beauty with unrivalled features and power, let Vortex provide you with a stunning view of the night sky.
Augmented Reality (with camera support)
Hold your device to the sky and see an accurate representation of the stars and planets. If your device has a rear facing camera, experience true augmented reality with our sky map overlayed onto the real world! A unique experience not found in any other Android planetarium.
View the sky from any location - Use GPS, Network Provider or our powerful search feature to show you the night sky at your current location, or even the other side of the world.
Using our inovative time slider, you can see how the skies looked at any point in time, with fine control over the abilty to rewind, or fast-forward time. Select an object and watch it's motion as it rises and falls.
Huge object database
With over 20,000 objects to discover, you wont run out of things to search for! Included are
* All major and minor planets in our Solar System including all major moons.
* 88 constellations
* 110 Messier objects
* 109 Caldwell objects
* Full Revised NGC-IC catalog (Over 14,000 objects)
* More than 9000 stars
* Meteor showers
Combined with our powerful search, you will never be far away from any one of these objects!
Facts and figures
To compliment the staggering number of objects available, we have made available concise facts and information about the majority of them, with detailed ephemeris and figures for all. You will learn something new with each and every object in the sky!
Discover, at the touch of a button, upcoming celestial events such as eclipses, conjunctions, moon phases, season changes and much more. With the ability to add these events to your device calendar you'll never miss these sometimes once in a lifetime events again!
With just one button press, see what objects of interest are in the night sky right now!
Unique to Vortex Planetarium, we provide a 3 day forecast for anywhere in the world, focusing on astronomical data, like transparency and seeing. With the ability to mark those clear nights in your devices calendar, you will have no excuse to get outside and marvel at the beauty the Universe beholds.
With a bewildering number of configuration options, packaged in a simple to understand design, you can tailor Vortex to your exact needs. Maybe the constellation art is too bright, no problem, adjust it's transparency, need to adjust the number of stars you see to match the real night sky? No problem! We have pretty much every option covered, and if we don't, let us know why we should!
Beauty, speed & simplicity
Our aim is to make sure Vortex Planetarium is easy to use, extremely powerful and look stunning.
Vortex Planetarium has been optimised to run as fast and as smoothly as possible, no jerky movements when you zoom in on Jupiter. We have not ported Vortex from iPhone, it's purely an Android product. This means we can focus on optimising for the platform exclusively. This philosophy guarantees fast and regular updates.
And much more to come
We are always improving Vortex, and you will never have to "upgrade" or make additional purchases for these features and improvements.
Start with Discover Astronomy. For decades, the insightful editors of Astronomy magazine have been guiding observers, across the constellations, through the solar system, and into the deep sky so they can get the most from our time under the stars. And now, with this app, Northern Hemisphere observers can take expert guidance with them wherever they go.
Discover Astronomy eases you into stargazing by having you get to know the night sky with just your unaided eyes and binoculars through interactive articles, videos, galleries, and star charts. What are the signpost stars and star patterns of each season? What should you observe first? How can you understand where to look when you hear about a sky event in the news? The answers are all here.
After you feel comfortable with the major constellation guideposts of each season, grab your binoculars and Discover Astronomy to explore the Moon and the brightest star clusters, nebulae, and galaxies. You’ll be amazed by what simple optics can reveal. Soon you’ll be craving the views only a telescope can provide, which this app helps you with as well. Let Astronomy’s editors guide you through the buying process and get you started observing the planets, the Sun, and hundreds of stunning deep-sky objects. In no time, you’ll be exploring the sky like a pro and sharing your knowledge with others.
Payment for this app will be charged to your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase.
At Kalmbach Publishing, we welcome your feedback. If you experience any problems with this app, please contact us at www.kalmbach.com/apphelp.
Here are some numbers:
- Number of entries: 27404
- Number of categories / sub-categories 1354
- Number of images:
16,658 A database of 66 MB of only textual content! Here are a few categories:
- Characters: (astrophysicists, astronomers, discoverer of asteroids, etc. ..)
- Astronautics (astronauts, space elevators, ships, space centers etc ...)
- Calendars - Sizes astronomical
- Objects astronomical (castles, planets, asteroids, etc ...)
- Press astronomical - History of Astronomy
- Weather astronomical ... and many more ... Come and discover them today at the discounted price for the first period of launch
Ever wondered what objects are up in the sky? Now you can get familiar with Astronomy by identifying stars, planets, and constellations. Also look up deep sky objects from the Messier and NGC catalogs.
If you have a telescope, just strap the phone onto the OTA and you get a PUSHTO guide!
Astronomy, Sky Map, Digital Setting Circles, Star chart, Space
• Time machine : Jump to any date in past or future
• Real time Alt-Azimuth and Equatorial coordinates
• Messier objects
• mini-NGC catalog (subset of ~180 bright objects)
• Solar system objects including all 8 planets and the 4 Galilean moons
• Night Mode
• Search, with a guiding arrow
• Alt-Azimuth, Equatorial grid
Send an email to email@example.com.
• For better accuracy, calibrate the magnetic sensors by waving the phone in a figure-8 motion of your hands.
• For advanced use read: http://lavadip.com/skeye/documentation.html
‣ Upcoming features:
• More deep sky objects, Satellites and Asteroids
• Support for DSC with encoders
The calculations are of a high enough accuracy for almost all amateur astronomy applications.
Due to the fact that astronomy is often best when far from civilization where mobile signal may not always be reliable. Therefore, this app is (almost) completely self-contained and does not require any internet connection for most of the information available. The only exceptions to this are the SOHO solar images and NGC/IC, Messier, Caldwell and Binary star images and weather forecast which are loaded dynamically, as well as the refreshing of satellite, comet and near-earth asteroid data.
Night mode turns the display red for night observations without having to ruin your night vision.
The Sky Map makes use of the direction sensors of the device to show the sky above (or below you). Most of the features can be toggled in the settings. The Sky Map also allows you to turn on the device's camera to see the view behind the device with the sky map superimposed over it.
The direction sensors of the device may need to be calibrated if the map appears to be pointing in the wrong direction. To calibrate the device's sensors wave the device in a figure-8 pattern. If the direction is still off, then the direction calibration can be adjusted manually by changing the setting in the Settings screen.
The observation log, allows you to save observations in the applications, as well as manage a list of astronomical equipment and observing locations. This equipment is also available for use in the Telescope Calculator.
Most of the data screens have an option to share the data via email, or other similar apps able to accept HTML content.
The Astronomical Time is also available as a Home screen widget. To use the widget, the app needs to be installed onto the internal storage instead of the SD card, otherwise it will not be available.
The Russian translation of the application is courtesy of Lirvux.
Some permissions are required for correct functioning of the app:
Location - used to determine user location throughout the app
Camera/Microphone - used to allow camera background in skymap. The microphone is never used but this permission is bundled with camera.
Photos/Media/Files - used to allow proper functioning of the full screen images and caching of images
Network access - used to do online searches, and downloading comet, asteroid and satellite data, object images and geocoding.
The app is jam-packed with features:
- Observe the sky with the skymap, planisphere, aurora forecast, polar finder, weather forecast, daylight map, SOHO images, Jupiter and Saturn's moons, Moon and Sun calendars and what's up.
- Detailed object information on the planets, constellations, comets, exoplanets, meteor showers, near-earth asteroids, satellites, as well as the full NGCIC, Caldwell, Messier, 6th catalog of Visual Binary Stars by the USNO and General Catalog of Variable Stars catalogs, as well as a SIMBAD search.
- Calculate angular separation, atmospheric refraction, magnitude, coordinate conversions, visual limiting magnitude, precession, redshift, and telescope airy disc, f-ratio and magnification
- Astronomical references, glossary, HR diagram and stellar classification.
- Astrophotography tools for exposure time, CCD resolution, Untracked exposure time and optimal f-ratio.
- Emphemerides for eclipses, equinoxes, conjunctions and oppositions, the sun, moon and planets
- Observation log
- Astronomical time
It's the mobile planetarium in your pocket, designed for astronomy fans to explore the universe. Just hold up and point your device at the sky and StarTracker will tell you exactly what stars, constellations and deep sky objects you are looking at in realtime. Full utilization of the build-in gyroscope, digital compass and accelerometer drive the best user experience.
What our users said:
-- "Best star gazing app I've ever used. Very well put together and great visuals!!! From end to end this app is a must-have for anyone interested in astronomy!!"
-- "This app is a marvel of technology, art, and science. Super smooth operation, great graphics and a great merging of the devices capabilities. Having grown up using star charts and compasses, this app feels like science fiction come to life. Great job!"
-- "Looking at the sky was never this incredible!"
-- "If you download only one app, make sure it's this one!! This is one of the best apps I've ever seen, period! Its quality is unmatched among star gazing apps!"
★ All data is offline!
★ Fit all screen size from 3.5 inch to 12 inch for any resolution!
★ Sun, Moon, Planets in Solar System, 88 Constellations and 8000+ stars visible to the naked eyes.
★ 12 Zodiac Constellations Art & 6 famous deep sky objects with magnificent graphics.
★ Location auto set by GPS, or set manually.
★ Auto hide all menus and enter AR track mode when lift up the device and point to sky.
★ Smooth motion flow and quick response which is realized by cutting edge signal processing technique.
★ Superb high quality graphic display by enabling the retina display of the device and the full screen anti-aliasing technology employment.
★ Full 88 Constellations & 100+ deep sky objects with magnificent graphics.
★ Search and guide you to stars, constellations, planets and deep sky objects.
★ 3D compass in AR mode, indicate position of objects your searched.
★ Time Machine menu and location menu to let you explore more on time and location dimension.
★ Night mode switch, protecting eye when doing star gazing outdoor.
★ Top Left: Location Menu, choose location from a world map.
★ Bottom Left: AR Compass indicator in AR track mode, pan the screen to enter un-track mode and click track button to back.
• When under un-track mode, just lift up the screen and point it to the sky to enter AR track mode.
***An AppsZoom Best Android App 2014***
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Night Mode: Preserve your night vision with red or green night mode filters.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the sky track for any object to see it’s exact location in the sky on any date and time.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
• Supports Space Navigator™ binoculars, spotting scope, and telescopes.
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
This astronomy for beginner’s course is for anyone who loves astronomy and wants to get up to date on the most recent astronomical discoveries.
Join Professor Chris Impey and our team of instructors from Steward Observatory at the University of Arizona to learn the science behind the latest astronomy news headlines, to enrich your understanding of the universe, and to glimpse the future of this exciting area of research.
*YOU ARE GOING TO GET FROM THIS COURSE*
- Over 77 lectures and 23.5 hours of content!
- Become familiar with the cutting edge of astronomy research, from the Solar System and exoplanets to galaxies and the distant universe.
- Learn how astronomers are addressing profound issues such as the existence of life beyond Earth and black holes and the nature of dark matter and dark energy.
- Gain an appreciation for the technological innovations in telescopes and detectors that are transforming our view of the universe.
- What is the target audience?
- Everyone- Amateur Astronomers
- Planetarium Educators
- Science Center and Museum Educat
- Science Teachers
- Astronomy Instructors
- Students of Astronomy
- Lifetime access to 77 lectures and 1 quizzes
- 23+ hours of high quality content
- A community of 19200+ people trying to learn the same thing!
- Watch courses on the go: video lectures, audio lectures, presentations, articles and anything inside your course.
- Watch courses in offline: Save courses for offline viewing so you can watch them while you're on a plane or subway!
* WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS COURSE*
"I have thoroughly enjoyed this course. It covers a wide range of topics in sufficient detail to make it interesting and thought provoking. If Udemy create more courses about astronomy, cosmology or related subjects then you can count me in!"
- (Peter Cooper) ★★★★★
"Great course, loved it, learned so much, best course ever."
- (Michael Clark) ★★★★★
Instructed By: Professor Chris Impey,Dr. Matthew Wenger,Carmen Lucinda Austin
Chris Impey is a University Distinguished Professor and Deputy Head of the Department at the University of Arizona, in charge of academic programs. His research is on observational cosmology, gravitational lensing, and the evolution and structure of galaxies.
Install the "Astronomy Learning" app now and join over 4 million students who are already learning on Udemy.
Create your own version for school or college submission leveraging the information in a booklet format. Learn from reports submitted by your peers on diverse educational topics solar system, our universe, origin of the universe and any other topic of interest
1] Latest news on the topic of interest
2] Best scientific information from experts in the field
2] Scholarly reports from experts in the field
3] Best videos on the topic to have fun while learning
4] Related Books on the subject
5] Save your favorite reports as books
6] Share you booklets with friends
7] Search any topic of your choice and learn
This application allows you to check the features, location and visibility of each of the objects in the catalog. It also contains real images, a search engine to make it easier and faster to the location of objects and night mode so you can use it on your observations (turned-off by the icon in the upper right corner). No need to be connected to the internet to use the application.
The application can be moved to SD card.
*** Note: The Spanish version is available in https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.domobile.catalogomessier ***
For questions or suggestions you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, if there are problems with the translations in the text write me!.
-Enjoy lovely serene backgrounds from the 19th century Norwegian coast as depicted in the paintings of John William Edy
-Take in the beauty of over 90 landscapes and 90 different flower types