Enables Ugandan Nationals to compare the Pay as You Earn (PAYE) tax they pay based on the changes in the thresholds and regime on June 30, 2012.
The PAYE tax rates before June 30, 2012 were as follows:
- Below 130,000 - 0
- Between 130,001 and 235,000 - 10% of gross pay
- Between 235,001 and 410,000 - 20% of gross pay
- 400,001 and above - 30% of gross pay
From July 1, 2012 the new thresholds and rates are as follows:
- Below 235,000 - 0
- Between 235,001 and 335,000 - 10% of gross pay
- Between 335,001 and 410,000 - 20% of gross pay
- Between 400,001 and 10,000,000 - 30% of gross pay
- 10,000,001 and above - 40% of gross pay
Not sure how the the new tax threshoulds affect you, well just try this out and see how it works.
Disclaimer: This is an alpha product so your mileage may vary, but please send your feedback so that I can countinue improving it