Driverly makes preparing for the DMV written test easy. Designed by driver ed experts, Driverly covers the entire California Driver Handbook. With 1,200 questions, you'll get plenty of practice before you take the official test at the DMV. Free trial version with 50 questions.
The first step to getting your driver license in California is to apply for an instruction permit. To get a permit, you need to pass the official “traffic laws and sign" test. The test has 46 questions. You have to get 38 correct to pass. That’s 82%.
Did you know that last year, of those who took the driver knowledge test in California, 53% failed it?
Play Driverly and pass your driver knowledge test the first time.
• 1,200 questions written by driver ed experts
• simulates official California DMV "traffic laws and sign" test
• covers the entire California Driver Handbook
• tracks your passing percentage
• re-quizzes you on questions you get wrong
• easily review all your answers by swiping back and forth
• game play makes getting lots of practice "reps" fun
• we don't ask for your personal info
• free trial version with 50 questions
About the Developers
Dr. Sean Miller is certified by the Department of Transportation to teach driver ed. He has a decade of college teaching experience.
Kiran Verma is a former manager at the California Department of Motor Vehicles with over 28 years of experience serving California drivers.