Experience the calming environment of this 3D butterfly sanctuary, using your Google Cardboard or other mobile Virtual Reality headset. Feel your stress melt away as you relax into the immersive experience while thousands of monarch butterflies flitter around you. Most importantly, proceeds from this eco-friendly app go to the non-profit Pollinator Partnership is devoted to protecting bees, butterflies and their critical role in our ecosystem and food supply.
Proceeds go towards education, habitat restoration, and teaching programs to help keep these endangered species from going extinct.
- Robust, randomly generated landscape filled with peaceful music, birds chirping, trees, sunlight and, of course, butterflies
- Proceeds go towards kid-friendly education and habitat restoration to help keep these endangered pollinator species from going extinct.
- With the Android device and a virtual reality viewer, users can relax and explore an immersive, stereo virtual reality world.
- Works with with Google Cardboard, Freefly VR, Homido, Merge, Pasonomi, IncrediSonic Vue, View-master, Lakento, Tepoinn, Archos, Durovis Dive 5, and other stereoscopic VR headsets.
- Edge Visual created this application to raise environmental awareness and spread their commitment to the idea that art is one of the most powerful ways one can affect social change.
Learn more about Google Cardboard today!
The non-profit Pollinator Partnership, a San Francisco-based organization is devoted to protecting bees, butterflies and their critical role in our ecosystem and food supply. All proceeds go towards environmental education, habitat restoration, and programs to help keep these endangered species from going extinct.
Hashtag #monarachVR and add @edgevisualCG on twitter by 6/1/16 and enter to win a customized VR app just for you. See www.monarchVR.org for details. Virtual Reality made by Edge Visual www.edgevisual.co
The Monarch Butterflies are Disappearing.
According to the World Wildlife Fund, Monarch butterfly colonies now cover the smallest swath of land since data collection began in 1993, less than a single hectare of forest. Experts believe that less than 33 million Monarch butterflies remain, down from an estimated billion in 1996. Many believe the Monarch will soon be added to the endangered species list.
As award-winning artists and environmentalists, our purpose in creating this app was to continue a grassroots movement to raise awareness of how special these creatures are and how vital they are to the ecosystem.
The Monarch Experience:
One of North America's greatest natural wonders is the 3000+ mile annual migration of millions of Monarch butterflies. Along their route, these incredible creatures rest in hidden pockets, where visitors can marvel and relax in a grove, surrounded by tens of thousands of flittering butterflies darting among the branches. Along the way, they serve as one of the primary pollinators for thousands of flowers and plants. Their loss is a major environmental concern.
Art for Change
We believe art has the power to bring people together and move them to action. Our app hopes to recreate this experience, to draw awareness to this natural wonder and to help support conservation efforts. It's equally effective as a safe mediation space as a powerful teaching tool. Everyone from children to the elderly will love this Unity-made virtual experience, and know that your purchase helps preserve the ACTUAL experience!