Kampnik is an app built for campers by campers. It is designed to help you find a great campground with the minimal amount of effort. A simple and clean design puts the information you want most front and center. Kampnik is built on the venerable www.USCAmpgrounds.info database of more than 13,000 campgrounds in the United States and Canada which is focussed on public car-accessible campgrounds whose existence and location has been verified by a human.
Camping for some of us is pure joy. Fresh air. Time with family and friends. Memories that last forever. Uncomfortable road trips. Campfires. S’mores. But, by the end we’re all better for the journey. It doesn’t matter if you are camping in a tent or a comfy RV, it always ends in a story. That is why Kampnik was built, to help you find the next great campground and life experience.
• Browse a map to see what campsites are available and where
• See campsites near you or a town far away
• Search for parks, campsites, or towns
• Save your favorite campsites and share them with friends
• Create lists of campsites which you can also share with friends
• And, of course, campsite details which include coordinates, directions, websites, weather, amenities, and phone numbers
• US National Parks, Monuments, Areas, and Canadian National Parks
• US National Forests
• US Bureau of Land Management, Fish and Wildlife, Bureau of Reclamation
• US Corps of Engineers and Tennessee Valley Authorities
• US State/ CA Provincial Parks and Forests, and other State Organizations
• Military Facilities
• City/County/Regional Parks, Authorities, Utilities, and Reservations
From beaches to mountains and rivers to deserts, Kampnik will help you find campgrounds for the places you want to go. Are you going to Yosemite National Park this summer? Search for “Yosemite” to see all of the camping opportunities around the park. What about Okanogan National Forest? Search for “Okanogan”. Are you going to pass through Eugene, Oregon any time soon? Search for “Eugene” to find camping nearby.
All of this information is available to you at your fingertips to take with you wherever you may wander. If you enjoy camping, give Kampnik a try.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What’s available offline? Campground data itself is stored on the device, so it is always available offline. Obviously any internet resource such as websites would not be available offline. The app uses the device's native map technology so map availability depends on the device. For example for Android, Google Maps allows you to save maps of an area for offline use which would be available in Kampnik.
2.0.47: This release brings user interface updates that we'll build upon to begin adding new features. Many screens were re-worked to bring the app visually up to date and hopefully make the app more usable. In addition to user interface updates the database has been updated to include all campground data corrections and additions we have received from users.
2.0.63 Feature release
- Added Google Street View for campgrounds
- Added campground filter by amenity or category
- Added map legend to describe what organizations are represented by marker categories
- Updated display of amenities in campground details by available, not available, and unknown