Instantly find out if a restaurant in Contra Costa County, CA has received a clean bill of health from the local Health Department.
Want to make sure the restaurant you’re going to is safely storing and preparing its food so you won’t get sick? This free app from Contra Costa Health Services lets you do just that. Food Inspector gives you access to more than 4,200 food facilities in the department’s restaurant-inspection database. Search for a restaurant by name to see whether it has been cited for health violations or use the “Near Me” button to inspect eateries close to your current location. You can also do a quick search to see which restaurants have been ordered to temporarily close their doors to correct health violations.
• Inspection results for more than 4,200 restaurants and food facilities in Contra Costa
• Search by restaurant or business name
• See inspection results for restaurants and food facilities near your current location
• Find out which establishments in your area have been ordered to temporarily close their doors to correct health violations
• Map a restaurant’s location
• Display a list of restaurants you’ve recently searched
• Tap a listed violation for a detailed explanation
• Inspections are uploaded one week after completion. Closure information updated daily
- All cities and unincorporated areas in Contra Costa County including:
Alamo, Antioch, Brentwood, Concord, Danville, El Cerrito, Hercules, Lafayette, Moraga, Orinda, Pinole, Pittsburg, Pleasant Hill, Richmond, San Pablo, Walnut Creek
Contra Costa Health Services’ trained food-safety specialists conduct thousands of restaurant inspections every year to prevent foodborne illnesses. Health inspectors regularly make unannounced visits to eateries to determine whether those businesses are, among other things, preparing and storing food safely and keeping their facilities sanitary and vermin-free.
For more information about the department’s restaurant inspection program, visit cchealth.org/eh/retail-food