Ships or yachts which carry official paper charts whether as the primary means of navigation or as a back-up to the Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS), need to keep those charts up-to-date with corrections available from the relevant Hydrographic Authority. Until now, any vessel looking to maintain their outfit has had to rely on the receipt of corrections by post or through software installed on a computer. Vasco helps bring the mariner into the 21st Century by providing the official UK Hydrographic Office (UKHO) ADMIRALTY weekly chart corrections to any compatible electronic tablet.
Providing flexibility and simplicity Vasco has been designed by the navigation management specialist company Da Gama Maritime whose employees years of knowledge, experience and advice to the industry has put them in a position of understanding exactly what the mariner needs and to therefore cut down the time spent maintaining the navigation outfit.
Having achieved official approval by the UKHO, Vasco allows mariners to install their chart outfit in accordance with standard UKHO folio listings or to create their own bespoke folio numbering, or both. Furthermore as another world first, duplicate copies of charts can be entered into the app which provides huge benefit to training schools or academies who will have multiple copies of the same chart for teaching. Each one is individually tagged in the app to ensure an accurate record of the correction status is maintained.
- Simple layout and functionality with no unwanted or unnecessary features.
- Allows charts to be recorded as on board, dormant or landed ashore.
- Imports Temporary and Preliminary notices advising of those in-force or cancelled affecting the outfit.
- Quickly allocate an ‘updated to date’ status to newly imported charts or folios.
- Reduce communication costs with complete control over which updates should be downloaded.
- Download the full ADMIRALTY Weekly Notice to Mariners for a complete on board record.
- View and print tracings, notices and blocks to any Wi-Fi enabled printer.
- Add users to the app to provide complete accountability to the outfit maintenance.
- Allows management companies to remotely see the update status of the outfit of any vessel within their Fleet at any time.
- Print reports for audit and inspection purposes on the status of the outfit.
- Corrections applied to the chart outfit ashore can be uploaded to a vessel account when the charts are returned on board.
- If the electronic tablet is lost or broken, simply download the app to another, log into your account and carry on where you left off.