The challenge when sailing to windward is to know how high to point into the wind.
When pointing higher, the boat goes slower, but there is less distance to travel. On the other side, when pointing lower (from the wind), the boat goes faster, but the distance is longer. The trick is to find the optimum angle, that balances speed with distance. And that is what NaWi does for you.
Once the optimal route is calculated it is displayed on the map. With simple dragging of tacking point you can adjust the route (e.g. to avoid collision with dangerous navigation points or visit interesting places). Once you are ok with route, NaWi will navigate you to follow your optimal route.
Navigation screen is designed to provide all essential information in readable form even in hard sailing conditions. The rotating compass over the map shows the optimal course, speed, course value, time to destination and time to tack are also displayed. Everything in one place, but easily visible.
Your optimal route is projected on the Open Sea Maps. These can be downloaded to your device in time when you have Wi-Fi connectivity and then used offline during the sailing.
There are no additional purchases in NaWi and you have full functionality available after download. If you want to try it first, there is 14 days free fully functional version available for download here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sk.moj.nawi.trial.app
NaWi was made by sailors for sailors. We are sailing enthusiasts and we made NaWi first for us to improve our sailing technique. After realizing how beneficially it is we decided to offer it commercially. We believe it will help you sailing faster and plan your trips more precisely.
AVAILABLE MAPS: Territorial and contiguous waters of Ireland, United Kingdom, Germany (Wadden Sea), Netherlands, France (Atlantic ocean, Mediterrian Sea), Spain (Atlantic ocean, Mediterrian Sea), Portugal, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Denmark.
- FREE Offline maps available; no need to have internet connection during sailing
- Optimal route calculation based on the wind direction
- Working for all wind directions (Close hauled, Beam reach, Running)
- Apparent or True wind speed and direction entry possible
- Use compass heading of the device or enter wind direction directly from external device
- Support for selecting alternative route (port/starboard tack) or adjusting the tack/jibe point to avoid obstructions
- Calculation optimized for different type of boats
- Fast and easy usage in the sailboat environment
- Navigation screen optimized for rough conditions on the sea
- Possibility of loading different map than actual location of device; could be used for trip planning in different country
- Battery saving mode for longer mobile device operating capabilities
- No need for additional in-app purchases, full functionality available
- Free 14 days trial version available
Store information about any auxiliary equipment that you may have fitted, radios, radar etc with serial numbers etc.
Log running costs such as fuel, marina fees, licence fees, servicing etc.
Keep track of any trips that you make including crew lists, tides, weather, waypoints, engine hours. Log individual waypoints by using the phone's built in GPS, record distances, course and speed. Track the waypoints on Google Maps.
Email trip information to yourself and crew members.
Many options can be set such as date format, distance and volume measures, number of engines, whether to use the GPS, map format and default email address etc.
Extensive help text on each screen.
More reports will be created as time goes on.
If you like what you see please give the app a good rating and add comments as you see fit.
Thanks you for supporting this app and please feel free to email me if you have any ideas as to how to make it even better.
App for sailors, yachts and boats, containing
a set of nautical applications:
- Magnetic Compass
- Speedometer in knots, mph or km/h, Course over Ground
- Mark or edit waypoint
- Distance measurement in nautical miles and meters. Also useful for anchoring.
- Course to Waypoint
All in large, high contrast characters
nv charts‘ intuitive navigation app provides dynamic navigation experience using all
tools and seamless chart display so you can navigate safely and enjoy nv charts‘ superior
up-to-date cartography and geocontent.
Chart data are constantly updated and reliable, and available even offline.
Plus, the nv-charts app will be continuously developed
and updated for you.
n.v charts App · features:
- offline navigation
- Reads / accesses all nv charts
- Simple download of charts
- Data is always up-to-date
- Synchronized navigation with other mobile units
- Seamless zoom and panning functions
- Intuitive route planning
- Tracking and logbook
- Positioning with both GPS and cellular signals
- Harbor Pilot · NV. Pedia
- Lighthouse sketches
- Service Display of instruments
- online weather
- Tide prediction
- improved menu structure
- higher resolution setting available
- search near me – all information around your location
No app do Náutico do Canal Campeão, você pode:
- Ler todas as notícias relacionadas ao clube;
- Ver todos os vídeos (gols, melhores momentos, entrevistas);
- Consultar estatísticas de cada jogador;
- Acompanhar tabelas dos campeonatos de futebol(Jogos,rodadas e classificação);
- Acompanhar jogos, Copa do Brasil e Brasileirão
- Navegar pelos placares dos jogos em tempo real;
- Acompanhar Tempo Real dos jogos ao vivo.
- Compartilhar as notícias do seu time
O App de times do SporTV é a melhor forma de você carregar sua paixão para qualquer lugar.
THIS IS NOT A GAME.
Application is used as an additional tool next to standard yacht equipment to take tactical decisions faster.
Sail Racer app suggest the favored end of the start line, monitors your position, time and guides the maneuvers that the start line was hit at the last moment with the best possible speed.
With the app it is easy to navigate in racing area. Interface is designed in a way that course efficiency, the lay lines and shifts could be captured in a splash of a second. Skipper does not need to analyze the numbers and can concentrate on handling the boat, maximizing performance and playing tactical games with competitors.
Every wind gust and lull affect the boat heading and is visualized in a “easy to read” shift bar on the top of compass rose. Course Deviation Indication – bar on the bottom of the compass rose displays long run course deviation between two marks.
Sail Racer is designed and developed by sailors. It has everything to sail on the edge.
- Course over ground
- Speed over ground
- Turn instruction
- Mark and Start line Range
- Wind shift indicator
- Course deviation indicator
- Cross track error
- Count down time
- Time to burn
- NMEA data connection
More information www.sailracer.net
App does NOT contain any ADS.
Sailrace.net app is free for learning (Optimist kids, Lasers and other centerboards) and for evaluation purposes. We kindly ask all keel boat racers to purchase Premium license for 10 euros / year.
Have a good start and even better finish.
You can use it in combination or alone with he internal GPS of your Android device to get position, speed and heading instead of using the data from the ship, as proof mechanism, or if you do not have an NMEA data connection onboard .
Sailtracker also allows display NMEA AIS information received by the AIS transceiver of your boat.
Sailtracker shows the position coordinates, Speed over ground (SOG), Course over ground (COG), GPS Time, True Heading, Magnetic Heading, Apparent and True Wind Speed and Angle, Depth, Temperature, active Waypoint, VMG, ETA ...
Record waypoints and calculate target distance, VMG, and estimated time of arrival at the destination or regatta mark.
Sailtracker compute polar based on angle and true wind speed, calculated from apparent wind and boat speed obtained by GPS (COG).
Sailtracker includes NMEA depth alarm and anchor, and a countdown timer to output regattas.
Features version "PRO"
- VMG Wind calculate and display on Map and Wind tabs
- VMG Waypoint display on Map and Wind tabs
- True Wind on Wind tabs
- Export of recorded session to .kml file to show it on Google Earth
- Scaling of AIS icons to show the actual size of the vessels
- Displays the complete Polar
- Allows you to record more than 5 sessions
- Export the session data saved in text mode email or other means.
- Export the image of polar
- Can be installed on SD-Card
Version 2.2 r38
Bug fixes. Support para Android 5.0
Version 2.1 r23-r25
UDP Broadcast support. Bug fixes.
Version 2.0 - r20
New wind screen; compass on Map; Lines waypoints; bug fixes
Notificacions with big text and buttons on statusbar
(PRO) VMG Wind on Map and Wind tab;
(PRO) VMG Way on Map and Wind tab
(PRO) True Wind on Wind tab
Version 1.0 r17
(PRO) Export of recorded session to .kml file to show it on Google Earth or similar software,
Version 1.0 r15
(PRO) Improved AIS. Show vessel at real size on map.
Version 1.0 r14
Increased polar to cover completely the 180º
(PRO) Added Regatta Mode in waypoint.
(PRO) Added indicator Windward / Leeward waypoint.
Version 1.0 r.9
- Added internal database to store data obtained by AIS vessels, allowing a faster visualization and data presentation.
- Fixed AIS information on ETA, Length, Beam and Draught.
- Added default option to calculate the True Wind locally based on Apparent Wind and GPS data.
- Added option to show default position coordinates in degrees and minutes format (dd ° mm, mmmm ') in waypoints and router marks.
Version 1.0 r.3
- Added waypoint control on Tab Map
- Permit save a Master Polar to use on VMG computing
- Layouts changed to show on different screen sizes
- VMG optimized to show the best angle to destination based on saved Master and Real Polar
- Fix alarms bugs
- AIS: Added Draught, Lenght and Beam.
- Google Play Services (automatic launch from application)
- Google Maps installed
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION:
It requires Android 4.0 or higher.
You can watch in real-time position, course, speed and board electronics data (NMEA 0183 via WiFi) of a boat live on a tablet, smartphone or web browser. You can broadcast and share your trip and logbook entries with your friends via your social network or an individual website. It is very easy to create areas (Geofences), e.g. the port, and get notifications if your boats are leaving or entering these area. You get remote access to board electronics NMEA 0183 via WiFi) to control motor data and other relevant data. Planning hand overs and visibility of boat usage is getting easy.
As a sensor you can use any Smartphone with SENSE (SENSE Sailingtools and Tracking) to capture events on the boat and to transmit them to WATCH. The smartphone can be installed permanently. Or the crew is using SENSE as electronic logbook, compass with waypoints and anchor alarm. All events and board electronics data can be watched on tablets, browser or smartphone. In WATCH you can administrate unlimited numbers of boats e. g. for racing or fleets. For maintenance or rental you can watch the current position of your boats to plan the hand-over and to watch if the crew has really avoided forbidden zones. If you create Geofences, you get automatic notifications and daily reports of your boats.
- Use of standard smartphones as sensor
- Broadcast and watch logbook entries, anchor alarm or shock events
- Access board electronics data remotely (NMEA 0183 via WiFi)
- Super easy handling
- Professional functions like Geofences, events, and notifications for multiple boats or users
- Manage your own boat or a complete fleet
- Cross-platform tracking for iOS, Android and FireOS
More information, manuals and videos on www.frjsh.com/EN/
Terms and condition can be found here: http://frjsh.com/EN/content/imprint/
GPS-Mate is for outdoor enthusiasts and adventure travellers. Opposed to other apps GPS-Mate uses its own map engine for showing online maps, saving and using them offline. Worldwide special maps and self-scanned maps are supported for many different projections.
Professionals use the PC version too.
Use online, topographic and scanned maps, aerial and sat photos. Save own maps for use without network. Navigate and manage tours (GPX,KML,LOC), record own tracks and Point-Of-Interests and plan new tours.
See height/speed profiles. Find your contacts and places in the maps. Send your location and meeting point(SMS).
The roadbook navigation leads you to your outdoor destination.
+ Trip computer for biker.
+ Compatible PC version for pre- and post-processing.
+ Languages: German/English
+ Tour formats: GPX, KML, TUR, LOC
+ Map formats: Online maps, GMM, NMAP, self scanned and calibrated JPG and PNG
+ Maps from bsmap.de
+ nv.digital sea charts from NV Verlag
+ Units: metric, imperial, nautical
+ Coordinates: WGS84, UTM, Gauß-Krüger
+ Easy usage via Quick Start screen
+ Tablet optimized
=== Android permissions ===
For what requires GPS-Mate permissions in Android:
Fine GPS location: GPS-Mate shows your location in the maps using GPS.
Read contact data: You can send your location or a meeting point as SMS text message. You choose the recipient from your address book.
Send SMS messages: To use the function explained above you can send a position SMS.
Receive SMS: If you receive a position SMS, it is automatically processed and the info is shown in the map.
Read phone state: To use the SMS function GPS-Mate needs to know the phone state.
Full internet access: With GPS-Mate you can watch and store online maps from the internet.
Storage: You can record your own tours and save them to the SD card.
Record audio: For navigating outdoor you can prepare individual spoken hints for your waypoints. While on tour GPS-Mate is playing these automatically. The spoken hints are an important orientation and navigation feature without looking at the map.
System tools: If you have disabled GPS in the system settings and want to activate GPS within GPS-Mate it asks whether it should open the system settings. You can then easily access and control your settings. Also GPS-Mate has a setting to keep the screen on when it is running in the foreground. So you do not have to change the system settings yourself.
Niente di piu' niente di meno che un'app con cui consultare le previsioni del vento in superficie con modello ALADIN, disponibili a http://meteo.arso.gov.si/met/en/.
Fatta da un kiter (non un granché a dire il vero) per i surfisti! L'app vuole essere veloce, senza fronzoli ma utile: nessuno vuole vedere mille animazioni bellissime quando deve decidere se caricare l'auto con tavola e vele / ali e partire per la spiaggia.
Se non sei un surfista l'app non ti serve, scaricarla sarebbe una perdita di tempo.
L'app e' gratuita, ha della pubblicita' che appare mentre sta scaricando le carte del vento. Il download delle carte prosegue anche seguendo il link pubblicitario, quindi non vi fa perdere un solo secondo!
Si tratta di un'app molto semplice e, di sicuro, non è esente da bug. Invito chiunque voglia contribuire con suggerimenti, segnalazione problemi, etc. a mandarmi una mail.
The free version is ad supported and is limited to a 3 day forecast.
How to read and use the App:
- Green Bars indicate major and minor fishing times (major longer, minor shorter bar)
- Blue Bars indicate low and high tide times.
- Center indicates current moon phase
- Grey line represents the current time
- top right of screen has a day rating indicator ( 1-4 fishes, fair to excellent )
- icons for sun/moon rise and set
- swipe left or right to change dates
Please contact me if you have any suggestions for further improvements!
This application is powered by http://www.fishingreminder.com
Search by name, view nearby marinas on the map. See their contact details - even call them from the app - as well as a summary of facilities. For most there's a plan of the marina so you can see the layout of berths.
*** Important notes on the data ***
International coverage: Currently the database is limited to the UK. We would like to expand this during 2015. If you'd be interested in helping contribute data or information for your local area please contact me.
Visualise the computer modelled meteorological data that the professional forecasters use.
* Easy to use interface
* Forecasts of up to 10 days
* Wide choice of pre-generated GRIB files
* Define your own GRIB areas
* GRIB file updates available every 6 hours
* Continue to view files offline
File Selection: Choose from a set of pre-generated files from our server, or define your own custom area.
Data Layers: Switch the visibility of the data in the file layer-by-layer to compose the perfect view.
Forecast Time: Step through the forecast to see weather patterns progressing. (Typical steps are 3 hours, depending on the GRIB data)
Data Keys: Toggle the on screen key to show data legend.
Units: Choose between SI and other commonly used units.
Detail Display: Tap and hold to display exact details of the forecast model (as in the picture above).
The current version support the following data types:
* Surface Temperature
* Relative Humidity
* Cloud Cover
* Wind Speed and Direction
More data types will be added in the future or upon request.
Please let me have your feedback and requests for other parameters or sources of GRIB data to be displayed.
Please do let me know your feedback - particularly if you find problems (I will do my best to address any issue if you contact me directly) or if you have suggestions for future improvements. I'm also very grateful for the positive reviews entered in the Google Play store - it’s a great way of showing your appreciation.