TTU Student is an unofficial client that aims at giving Texas Tech University students (undergraduates) a better mobile experience for keeping up with their education.
Please note this app is still early in development! If there are bugs, please let me know!
**A known bug is that the title for schedule terms might not always show up. A fix is in progress!**
- Check grades (Blackboard).
- Look at final grades.
- Check meal plan balance.
- Get a good view of your schedule. See your professor's ratings on your schedule.
- Look at bus routes (possibly coming soon- realtime view of bus locations!)
- School wide calendar.
- Absolutely no ads!
- System Notifications (will be triggered automatically in the background after first login):
* When courses are added to the schedule.
* When a course without a teacher suddenly gets a teacher assigned to it.
* If a Meal Plan Balance bounces to below $100 a notification will be delivered.
* When a grade is posted to Blackboard. You can see the grade directly from the notification.
* When a final grade is posted.
- Calculate GPA/Simulate GPA
- Disable notifications and change checking frequency.
- Password change detection/password expiring notification.
- See your how your grade was (roughly) in relation to where other people in the class performed (Blackboard).
- Better calendar.
- Study abroad checklist support. Track how your study abroad program is going and get notifications when changes are made!
- Notifications when tuition balance is changed*.
- Register for classes in app: Queue up the CRN numbers for the classes you want, and we will automatically register you for class, potentially getting ahead of everyone else who uses the website! (Your phone must be on and have an internet connection for this feature to work automagically).
- Current tuition due balance (maybe)*.
- Studying abroad? Keep track of your checklist and get notifications when a new checkbox has been modified!
* - We really don't want this app handling financial information, so we might pass on this one.
For an insight into how we use the permissions associated with this app, visit: https://bit.ly/2hxBjLN
Note: Texas Tech University has recently released an app that provides some of these services, however it cannot retain your login and has very similar functionality to the mobile website. This app is aimed at centralizing your mobile experience and making information easier to receive.
Another Note: This app has not been tested for faculty, graduates, or TTUHSC students. If you are one of those users, please understand this app may not function properly.