Think of it as a simple car dashboard on your desktop!
Very handy and lightweight.
- Odometer total and partial available
- Kilometers or miles as distance unit
- Trip function (automatic partial reset)
- Power switch with "auto" mode (on if charging or if connected to car dock)
- High precision mode
- Multiple widget layouts and sizes
- GPS information dialog
- Optional NMEA logging
Features available in the PRO version only:
- Manage multiple vehicles with independent total and partial values
- Themes: change the appearance of the widgets
Click the widget to configure it!
Note: this application does not provide as many features and visual appeal as more popular apps like Ulysse Speedometer or SpeedView, but it's lighter and simplier and it focuses on the widget concept.
*** THIS IS A HOME SCREEN WIDGET ***
Not a standard application!
Add it by menu->add->widgets on your home screen.
*** Please report bugs by email ***
Just look at the screen and see your location, if you want more information touch the widget to access to the full power of Google Maps.
Works like a GPS Widget in your phone desktop, if you want something more complex for the traffic try our Traffic Cams Widget.
Satellite and Road map.
Maps from Google, Yahoo (No satellite map) and Bing.
Car Mode, with blue arrow direction (eg: for carpc setting) or Google Man mode.
How to install:
Step 1: Go to the home screen(desktop phone).
Step 2: Go to the menu and tap “Add” option.
Step 3: Tap on the “Widgets” option.
Step 4: Select and Pick the Where I Am Widget.
Step 5: Wait few seconds to load the map and GPS.
Change Screen Orientation Supported.
Supporting Multiple Screens Resolutions.
All Android devices.
The app 'The Berlin Wall' gives a detailed answer. An interactive map in the app shows the exact location of the Wall. Photos, audio clips and texts about the respective site are stored at historically important locations between the Brandenburg Gate and Potsdam Square. A free data package with more information on historically important sites throughout Berlin and Potsdam can be downloaded in the app. The app serves both as an interactive travel guide on the spot and as a general source of information.
- map showing the location of the Wall and sites of interest
- suggestions for Wall tours
- filtering option for historical sites, escapes, traces of the Wall, exhibitions, memorials and border crossings
- directions to find sites of interest
- public transport connections
The app is based on the website chronik-der-mauer.de and is a joint project by the Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung, Deutschlandradio and the Zentrum für Zeithistorische Forschung Potsdam e.V. "The Berlin Wall" was awarded with the "Politikaward 2011", "digita 2012" and the "Comenius-EduMedia-Siegel 2012".
Please note: The app requires the authorization for storing data (additional tours and downloaded POI data packages).
There are many travel guides available, but here is what sets cityscouter.com guides apart from the rest:
• Designed to be used OFFLINE. All articles, events, transport and maps can be viewed without an internet connection.
• An up-to-date events guide: Update when you have an internet connection, and hundreds of upcoming events such as concerts, theatre, sporting events, festivals and more will be stored on your device. Updates occur regularly so your guide will never be behind.
• Fully zoomable, offline maps that shows your location and points of interest around you (your location is shown on the map). If a travel guide doesn’t have a map, it’s as good as useless.
• Professionally written content by locals who know the city well, and not just content taken from Wikipedia like so many other guides.
• Major transport lines and stations are stored in the guide. You can view the lines/stations on a map, or find the nearest station to you or any attractions with just a few taps.
• Hundreds of points of interest (all searchable) detailing attractions, museums, hotels, bars and cafes, nightlife and more with opening hours, pictures and prices.
• English, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovakian, Swedish and Chinese languages are supported for the travel guide content (event section is mostly in English).
Read below for more information:
The cityscouter.com Berlin travel guide is the perfect companion during your time in the city. It is designed to be used offline so you can avoid expensive roaming fees.
Our guides are professionally written and have a huge amount of information about everything this city has to offer. Using your device’s location services, you can also always see what points of interest are around you at any time.
The events guide includes hundreds of upcoming events, and is regularly updated. Just click the update button when you have an internet connection, and the events will be stored on your device for offline use.
The most important thing to figure out when you arrive in a new city is the transport system. That’s why we’ve included information on all major transport points and lines. These are all viewable on a map, and the "Nearby stations" feature makes it easy to determine where the closest transport is to your current location.
Other features include the built in currency converter (converts 45 of the world’s top currencies), a "Want to visit" list where you can mark the attractions you want to see, and a review/notes section.
cityscouter.com Travel Guides are available for over 80 cities world wide. Just search for "cityscouter" to see them all!
* 100% offline
* Browse the map on different zoom levels.
* Find streets by name.
* Auto completion of input in search text-field.
* Find points of interest like attractions, museums, theatres, cinemas, hotels, restaurants, cafes, pubs, nightclubs, shops, railway stations, bus and tram stops and more.
* List all items of a certain category, e.g. list all museums.
★ BBC: “The unique advantage of Tripomatic's app is that it can sync up with a web-based itinerary-planning service, available for free at tripomatic.com”
★ PC Magazine: “Tripomatic, an app that makes discovering new places to visit interesting.”
★ Guardian’s Android App of the week
★ Featured as one of the Best Travel Apps of 2012 by The Next Web
★ Gizmodo’s App Deal of the Day
✓ Find nearby attractions on an interactive map
✓ Explore sights with photos, contacts, opening hours and admission fees
✓ Get your personal travel guide based on day-by-day planning
✓ Plan your trip right from the phone
✓ Add custom places to save locations important to you and easily find them again
✓ Edit your trip anywhere from any device using www.tripomatic.com
✓ Enjoy easier trip planning with trip templates
✓ Easily search and filter attractions
✓ Download and print PDF trip guide (available for free on www.tripomatic.com)
✓ Share your trip in a neat infographic with your friends
To access 300+ more destinations worldwide, download the full-fledged Tripomatic app for free. Available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tripomatic
Also find out how far you are and where to walk to if you want to find it!
Mauer is wall in Deutsche, Side is Seite in English!
This is an application I've built in the course of a couple of weekends to test the Location Module of Android.
One Button and you will now what side of the Wall you would be, East or West!
- This is a beta application still on development, ratings are greatly appreciated.
- Find your side in any part of the world.
- This uses offline data and GPS to find the location so you don't have to be connected.
This app allows visitors to the memorial or any of the traveling memorials the ability to find the names of loved ones, friends, brothers-in-arms or individuals from your hometown or state. Brought to you by the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund (the organization that built The Wall), The Wall app assists VVMF in the continuation of its mission of preserving the legacy of The Wall, promoting healing and educating about the impact of the Vietnam War.
• Description, contact details, photos, location and rating of all major sights and attractions to see in Berlin
• Description, contact details, photos, and booking options of major activities and other things to do in Berlin
• Description and booking options for all major hotels in the city
• Maps of all sights, activities and hotels
• Sights and Activities available without internet! (data used only for map mode and hotels)
Upgrade to full version and unlock the full potential of Holidayen
• Automatic recommendations of sights, activities and hotels
• Automatic itinerary generation with optimized route
• Automatic map of daily route
• Editable daily route for personalizing itinerary
• Save personalized trip on phone for quick view
• Saved trips accessible without internet! (data only used in Map mode)
With TOURIAS Travel Guides you always have all the important information to hand when travelling. And all this in over 120 travel destinations.
Whether you’re at home on the couch, out and about at your holiday destination or even after the trip, the TOURIAS Travel Guide gives you useful tips for your holiday or your business trip in Berlin. It makes no difference if you’re visiting the sights, discovering great restaurants or going out to the trendiest clubs.
And the TOURIAS Travel Guides also offer a lot more:
• Complimentary offline maps and complete offline use without expensive roaming fees
• MyGuide: take photos, write text and save it all. Of course, you can also share your personal experiences on Facebook
• Tour Tickets: you can book alternative tours from locals directly and in doing so, explore your travel destination in a truly special way
• Augmented Reality: discover the hotspots of your holiday destination via the camera on your Smartphone/Tablet
• GPS use – where am I?
• “Nearby” Function – where’s the next restaurant?
• Upgrade: the optional upgrade allows the guide to be completely free of advertising
Further TOURIAS Travel Guides for lots of interesting travel destinations can be also be found easily via this app. Simply select the desired destination under “Further Destinations” and you will be linked automatically to the app store.
We hope you enjoy using this free travel guide. We very happy to receive your feedback, information about the travel destination, your wishes and suggestions at email@example.com.
Discover sights like Rotes Rathaus, Brandenburg Gate, Chancellor's Office, Checkpoint Charlie, TV Tower, Memorial Church, Gendarmenmarkt, Hackeschen Höfe, Holocaust Memorial, Kurfürstendamm, Museum Island, Potsdamer Platz, Reichstag, Siegessäule, Unter den Linden, Zoological Garden, St. Hedwig's Cathedral, Neue Wache, Pariser Platz, Alexanderplatz, Berliner Dom, Museum of East Germany (DDR-Museum), Olympic Stadium Berlin, Schloss Charlottenburg, New Synagogue - Centrum Judaicum, Nikolaiviertel (St. Nicholas District), Panoramapunkt Kollhoff, German Historical Museum, Hamburger Bahnhof - Museum for Contemporary Art, Pergamon Museum, The Museums of Dahlem, Gay Museum Berlin, Sport Museum Berlin, o2 World, Deutsche Kinemathek, Raum der Stille, Bertolt Brecht House, State Opera Unter den Linden, The grave of Heinrich von Kleist, East Side Gallery at the Berlin Wall, Glienicke Palace, Passionskirche.
More from developer
Versions 1.x.x are based on android-vnc-viewer, so do NOT support encryption nor connecting to OS X. Please hang on till 2.x.x is released!
So install this app, go to your menu, hold the RR-icon and you'll always have a restrealitaet-button on your home screen.
This app in the end does nothing special - it just starts the mobile site from Restrealitaet where you can log in with your credentials.
Go Berlin, go Restrealitaet!
Btw: I'm not related to this site - I just like it and wanted to share this helpful thingy.
Die App arbeitet nach den neuesten Vorgaben und stellt einen Multiple-Choice-Test mit vier Antwortmöglichkeiten bereit. (Stand Mai 2012)
Das Lernprinzip ist dabei an das bekannte Leitner-System angelehnt:
Alle Lernkarten befinden sich anfangs in der ersten Box. Mit dem richtigen Beantworten einer Frage wandert diese automatisch in die nächste Box usw.
Sollte beim wiederholten Abfragen der jeweiligen Frage einmal die Antwort nicht gewusst sein, so fängt die Karte automatisch wieder in der ersten Box an.
Es sind in Summe knapp 300 Fragen und durch das permanente Wiederholen macht euch die App zum Segel-Profi ;)
Die Sterne sind Indikatoren, in welcher Box sich die jeweilige Karte befindet. Je weiter sie in der virtuellen Box nach hinten wandert, um so mehr Sterne sind ausgefüllt.
Bei Fehlern, Problem o.ä., schreibt uns einfach eine E-Mail. Wir werden uns darum kümmern und euch maximalen Support leisten! Versprochen!
Kurz noch einmal zu den Lernkarten. Hier ein Auszug aus der Wikipedia, der diesen Sachverhalt schon ideal erklärt:
"Die Lernkartei ist ein Hilfsmittel zum systematischen Lernen. Hierzu wird auf die Vorderseite einer Karte ein Stichwort (z. B. Vokabel, Datum, etc.) geschrieben und auf die Rückseite die Lösung (der Fakt, der gelernt werden soll). Mit Hilfe mehrerer Fächer ist es möglich, genau die Fakten zu wiederholen, die noch nicht verinnerlicht wurden."
And to make sure everybody will get my appreciation I'll say "thank you" in almost every language existing...You are awesome.
Languages: English, 日本語, français, 中文, Español and Deutsch.
ITSABOUTTIME is a home screen clock widget with customizable colors.
To use the widget:
- Long press empty space on the home screen
- Select Widgets
- Select Its About Time
If anybody would like to volunteer for translation, please don't hesitate to send us an email!
* Please exclude the widget from any task killers you may have installed
* ROM users please make sure the clock is NOT moved onto SD card.
** Widgets are not supposed to be on SD card. Move it back to the phone storage.
Be polite, this is a free app ;)
Keywords: analog, clock, widget