By all means try the TRIAL version first to see if your device works:
Please have a look here for a list of tested devices and more information:
If you are more interested in a media player, please see our USB Audio Player PRO app:
eXtream Software Development has written custom USB audio code from scratch because Android does not support USB audio. No rooting is required.
Your USB audio device must be class-compliant in order to work: USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 class-compliant devices are supported with either USB audio spec 1.0 or 2.0. Devices that require you to install specific drivers under Windows or OSX will usually not work.
Make sure to connect your audio device BEFORE starting the app. If you get a message on start-up saying that the device failed to initialize, your device will not work (for now). Reasons can be that your Android device does not meet the requirements, it does not supply enough power (try a powered hub), the USB audio device is not class-compliant or you are not using an OTG cable (if needed).
Please let us know if your Android/audio device combination works.
Note that this app also functions as the license/key to use USB audio in Audio Evolution Mobile.
• USB audio recording
• USB audio playback
• Mono, stereo and multichannel recording
• Stereo playback (on multichannel device, the first two outputs are used)
• 16-bit and/or 24-bit depending on your device
• Up to 192 kHz sample rate (depending on your audio device)
• Input/output selection
• Buffer size selection (1024 to 16384 frames)
• Recording format selection: wav/flac/ogg/aiff. (No mp3 since that is patented, use ogg for similar quality and compression)
• Big timer display
• Level meters for playback and recording with peak hold to see what your loudest peak was (tap on level meter to clear)
• Monitor button to set your levels before recording
• Load wav/aiff/flac/ogg files for playback
• Rename or delete recording
• Display of available disk space
• Internal controls like gain, volume and mute are presented on the mixer screen if available
• Set the folder you wish to record to, for example, external sd cards
• Play through your Android device's internal speakers or headset in case you have an input-only device like an USB mic
• Very basic playlist (directory playback) functionality because of the many user requests. No mp3 playback or fancy graphics, the app is meant for recording! Screen must stay on and the app must run in the foreground.
• Share your recording through GMail, SoundCloud, etc.
• 800x480 screen minimum (in landscape)
• Android 3.1 or higher (no root required!!!)
• Android device with USB host capability
• USB OTG cable to go from micro-USB to full-sized USB if your Android device does not have a full-sized USB port
Just a glimpse of working audio devices:
• Lexicon Lambda, Omega
• M-Audio Duo, Fast Track, Fast Track Pro
• Presonus 22VSL
• Blue Snowball, Yeti and Yeti PRO
• RME Babyface
• Zoom H2, H4
• Several HiFi DAC's
Unfortunately, Samsung S1, S2 and Note 1 devices are NOT supported because the kernel is missing some crucial parts. The S3, S4 and Note 2 work though.
Note that we are not affiliated with the USB Audio Recorder, USB Audio Field Recorder or USB Audio Tester app.
Tags: usb audio, audio, record, recording, recorder, multitrack, j4t, DAW, fourtrack, cubase, fl studio, USB audio tester, USB audio recorder, M-Audio, PreSonus, Focusrite
Record voice notes, songs, sermons, music, talks, or even concerts in high-fidelity 44 kHz audio sampling — it's much better than your pre-installed sound recorder app. Unleash the true quality of your device's microphone!
★ Real-time MP3 recording
★ Pause and resume recordings
★ Home screen widgets — start recording with just a tap
★ Changeable bit rate — up to 320 kbps
★ Selectable microphone (front or back/rear)
★ Alternate recording icon — prevent unwanted attention
★ Manage existing recordings — share, sort, rename, and delete them
★ Automatic stop when storage free space reaches a customizable limit
★ Input gain setting to make recording louder or softer
You can send recordings by email and Bluetooth or by copying files directly from the phone via USB cables or from the SD card. Share them via Skype, WhatsApp, SoundCloud, Gmail, or store online via Evernote, Dropbox, Catch, Google Drive and more, if you have those apps installed.
Try the free version: Hi-Q MP3 Voice Recorder (Free).
– Recording phone conversations is not supported.
– Not every device supports high-quality sound recordings. Try the Free version first to ensure that this app meets your needs. Some devices are forced to record in slightly lower quality.
– Widgets are enabled only if this app is installed on the phone, not SD Card or USB Storage. Go to Android Settings → Apps to move it to the phone if you want to use widgets.
– Upon first launch, a license check to Google Play will be done. You'll need an Internet connection for this one-time check. No personal data is transmitted to us.
If you are not satisfied, just email me and you will get 100% refund!
Used app permissions
– Full Internet access — to send app stack trace when it crashes. No personal data is sent.
– Read phone state and identity – to detect when a phone call is made, so recording can be stopped to prevent audio corruption. Phone numbers, IMEI, or other serial numbers are not obtained.
– Modify/delete USB Storage/SD Card contents — to store the recordings
Search keywords: HQ, HiQ, HiQuality, High-Q, HighQ, HighQuality, MP 3 Tape Recorder, Voice Recorder. Similar apps: Easy Voice Recorder, Recforge, TapeRecorder, Virtual Recorder. Also known as dictaphone, dictation, sound recording, or speech recording.
It allows to Record, Edit and Share sounds, voices, notes, musics or any other audio.
- The Lite version has all the features of the pro version, but ogg and mp3 recording are paused every 3 minutes (no limit for wav), just press the pause button to continue. Try it before buying the pro version.
- If you have problems, please look at the FAQ page https://www.facebook.com/RecForge/app_160430850678443
RecForge can be used to :
- record (in mp3/ogg/wav) meetings, rehersals, music learning, EVP, ...
- share your recording on Google Drive, Skydrive, DropBox, Box, ...
- convert your recordings in diferent audio format
- edit audio files
- replace your Dictaphone
Main functions :
- Real-time record in mp3, ogg and wav
- Play, record, pause/resume, loop, convert audio files
- Edit your recording to keep only interesting parts
- Share your recordings
+ on social network,
+ by mail,
+ Ubuntu One,
+ Google Drive,
+ or others sharing apps.
- Disable AGC (Automatic Gain Control) for better sound quality (android > 2.1)
- Manual gain adjustment
- Use external microphone (3.5 jack - need an adapter. cf FAQ)
- Change Play back rate
- File format supported :
+ 8, 11, 12, 16, 22, 24, 32, 44 and 48kHz
+ wav, mp3 (up to 128kbps) and ogg (up to 250 kbpls)
- Convert your files in different format (wav, ogg & mp3)
- Record in background even when the phone is locked
- File manager with folders (rename, delete, copy, ...)
- Find and Play recordings by date, name and size
- Different widgets size (one click to record)
- Disable notifications to discreetly record
- Application movable to SD Card
- Language translations :
+ Simplified & Traditional Chinese,
Please take some few seconds to rate RecForge on the market. You can send me mail with feedback too. It is very important for me to improve RecForge.
If you have a question ask by mail or on Facebook. (I can't answer in comments).
Auto backup files to Dropbox. Multipane layout optimized for editing sounds and song files on tablets. Pinch zoom gesture.
High fidelity CD quality music and audio recorder for Android. Visual Audio Editing! You can edit and cut your recordings! Ringtone maker.
This is the easiest tool to record for professional musicians, college lectures, taking voice notes, sending voice messages.
You can loop your recordings and play along. A virtual loop pedal!
Nothing compares to the sound quality. Send recordings over email, or podcast instantly. Choose recording (from 48000 khz to 44.1 mhz which is CD quality and compression rates and as low as 8000 khz Pause Button. Plays and records in background so that you can listen to recordings while doing other tasks.
Saves in OGG, AAC and WAV formats. Audio Recorder. Blog. Facebook. Twitter. Share. Ringtones creator.
How to Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSzGtscG6YA
How to Playback: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYZjJdtizQg
How to Compress to MP3 using 3rd party app: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR_F0LyLiUU
Now other Android developers can compress from WAV to OGG or AAC using HiFiCorder!
This is an easy and simple voice recorder, and this is a great music recorder. This is also an effective recorder for college lectures, medical notes doctors, lawyers notes , student lecture notes and recording your college professor in any topic such as economics, technology, recording technology, and recording studios. HiFiCorder is a recorder for memories, and a recorder for dreams.
-Multi pane layouts optimized for tablets
-Auto backup files to the cloud
-Faster AAC Encoding!
-Cleaner Holo Theme
-Improved Audio quality
-Landscape mode / Tablet Support
-Ogg Encoding is now realtime, no more waiting for "compressing" dialog to finish!
-AAC Encoding has been introduced! AAC encoding is realtime on Android 3.1 and above!
-Auto-detection of files inside the HiFiRecordings directory!
Field Recorder is only available on Google Play!
Turn your smartphone and tablet into an HQ audio recorder!
Customers say it is the best audio recorder app that money can buy and worth every cent.
Field Recorder provides easy-to-use presets for standard tasks like dictation or concert recording. However, it is actually designed for professional use as it provides more than 70 options to customize it to the given device and situation. Also, external microphones are supported.
• Recording, overwriting, continuing, and playing of wav files with mono and stereo
• Up to 4 seconds pre- and post recording. You won't miss any important stuff even if you are too late at the start button
• Auto start, stop, and continue, depending on loudness. The control signal can be filtered independently to optimize it for voices and other audio signals
• When recording, automatic stop at 4GB maximum file size and even seamless restart of a new file is available (activate auto start with a low threshold)
• High-precision stereo audio engine with minimum-phase shelving equalizers and stereo balance correction to compensate for flaws of the microphones. Also with recording booster, configurable limiters, soft clipping, and high-quality monitoring
• Wav player with volume maximizer, silent and audible fast-forward and fast-rewind, and low-latency random access to any play position via progress bar
• Stores recordings internally or on any chosen SD card (even if you have two or more SD cards installed). Default is SD card. Optionally makes recordings visible to your favorite player
• 9200 colors available for the metallic-brushed skin! Also, you choose round or rectangular LEDs, left-hand operation, the button size, and your favorite color for the LCD display
The First 15 Minutes
Use the Play Store 15 minute return period to check out if audio recording works on your phone. Especially, try the different inputs from "In:MicA" to "In:MicE".
Start with the presets which you select by touching "Factory". Probably, you find a preset in the cloud perfectly adapted to your smartphone! Then choose the various inputs (touch "In:MicA"). If you activate "Monitor", use headphones to avoid an acoustic feedback loop. Check without creating audio files, just by pressing the pause button, which activates the level meters. In the LCD you see a date/time string as the potential file name.
• The name of a modified preset is shown in the LCD in gray
• Play back uses the PlayLimiter and ignores the Monitor switch, so monitoring can be deactivated during recording
• Touch "time/position/free" label to show remaining recording duration
• Touch battery symbol to toggle between battery and CPU usage
• Touch "CLIP" to reset clip LEDs
• Touch meter to open its configuration menu
• The meter shows peak amplitudes or the start/stop control signal
• Active auto start overrules pressing the pause button
• The auto start/stop control signal filter with 1.5kHz is optimized for speech. 750Hz are better with high-frequency environmental noise, 3k reduces low-frequency influence
• Soft Clipping is active above -3dBFS
• Limiting and Soft Clipping work only if Boost is greater than 0dB
• Recording Boost above 20dB might produce hardware feedback loop (caused by weak power supply)
• Overwrite and Append modify existing recordings (warning can be switched on/off)
• Activate flight mode to reduce noise floor
We appreciate any help on localization for Japanese, Russian, French, Italian...
You can record something, then "bounce" (mix) it to the master track, then record something over that, mix it, and keep going until you have all the parts you want.
Use it for multitrack recording and music production on the go or for recording quick ideas in your home studio!
There is a free version (Twotrack recorder free) with the same functions, with ads so try it out first if you like.
When overdubbing, it's important to use headphones.
recording in 16 bit 44.1kHz wav file format
single level undo
import mp3 and wav files
records in the background as a service, so you can play to a metronome or loop, or check your mail
Transpose songs (3 chords at a time) from capoed positions to open position. Transpose chords from open position to capoed position. See guitar and ukulele chord charts for the following chord variations:
tags: guitar ukulele chord converter convert chart charts instruction tutorial fret fretboard finger fingerboard board music sound notes
Incredibly simple and very useful . Make your own voice fast and easy with this all in one new app .
A high quality recording software , powerful ,The recording quality is much better than the default recorder , can real-time recording of 44 KHZ high quality voice . You can not only put the audio content send by email or bluetooth , but also directly from an SD card copy audio content . Can be hidden in the background , not to be found .
Beautiful interface , have lifelike sound recording effect . Support background recordings , custom recording file type , customize the recording quality . All kinds of humanized operation obtained user's consistent high praise ! No metter recording calling voice or any other sound information is good . For
forgetfulness or talk about business , or lovers , this software can leave "evidence" sounds more worth having .
You can also easily make voice memos . Support AMR (. 3 gp) , AAC (mp4) , WAVE (.wav) , such as a variety of formats , can keep and share with friends !
- quick, real-time recording, without waiting for .
- high quality and bit rate of up to 128 KBPS .
- able to hide the recording .
- easy to use , a key recording .
- the international two-way audio technology , multi-level security algorithms , multilevel access control .
★ This application is a handy tool for recording your meetings, personal notes, classes, music or talks and more, with no time limits! ★
✓ Recording formats: 3GP, WAV, MP4
✓ Support recording in the background (even when display is off)
✓ Save/pause/resume/cancel recording process control
✓ Sample rate options for better control of recording quality
✓ Manage existing recordings — play, rename, or delete them
✓ Save recordings to Sd Card
✓ Save recordings to Google Drive
✓ Remaining storage space showed on home screen
✓ Displays the recording status in the notification bar.
✓ Send and share the recordings.
✓ Selectable microphone (front or back/rear)
NOTE: This app is not call recorder.
Enjoy this handy sound/voice recorder, thank you!
This Sound Recorder is a simple, fun, and easy to use audio & voice recorder. Through the phone's microphone ，Use it to record meetings, lectures, speech，and personal notes, without time limits!
All recordings are saved at your SD card inside of your phone. So you can search records via file managers.
When you complete voice recording , you can simply set your recorder sound file name , you will know what records anytime , anywhere .
Recording interface is very beautiful ,just like a tradition tape recorder, through a simulation of the classic tape rotation allows you to enjoy the fun of recording .
- 3gp/amr lossless files recorded .
- Recording in background (even when display is off). You can run the software in the background to record the sound while you do other things !
- Recording without time limit ;
- Can easily control the recording save / suspend / cancel
- Very vivid tape rolling to simulate the recording conduct
- Easily play / delete the original sound recordings
- Easy to use recordings list
It's fantastic! Can be your babysitter. And you may use it as regular voice recorder with simple and nice user interface. Give it a try!
Please feel free to send me feedback via email if you have any question.
"Sound Recorder" development based on open source Micode library . While adhering to Apache License 2.0 .
You can record very easy and quick in any situation.
To check you voice note, just tap the [Archive] button.
* Terms and Conditions for safety *
We've formulated use agreement for all our user's safety.
Please confirm our use agreement before you use our application.
Application use agreement: http://www.id-entity.jp/agreement/useagreement.pdf
* Virus checking *
Symantec EP Updated date: February 25, 2012
* Manual recording (on button push)
* Automatic noise activated recording
* Automatic Gain Control (AGC) fine adjustment and recording threshold levels
* Export to WAVe and MP3 / Share Tracks
* Auto consolidate multiple tracks
HD Voice Recorder is smart and designed to record high quality and long-time sound. With a Nice and easy interface, you will be able to record everything you want. The Skip Silence mode is very usefull to record only what is usefull and avoid long silence (For example night sleep talks, business meeting, live performance, baby sitter...). The Spy mode allow you to record in background without any notification... you are the only one who knows that you are recording.
★ High Quality recording (WAV CD Quality, MP3 128 Kbps)
★ Record in MP3 !
★ Silence skip mode (with adjustable sensitivity in Decibels)
★ Adjustable quality to reduce file size
★ Spy mode: record in background without any notification (even when display is off)
★ save/pause/resume/cancel recording process control
★ Share records (email, whatsapp, soundcloud, evernote, dropbox...).
★ Save records as ringtone
★ Audio conversion to mp3
ADMOB SDK added
Simple Voice Recorder is a obviously simple and easy to use audio & voice recorder. Use it to record meetings, lectures, and personal notes, without time limits !
Recordings are now being saved in Records_svr folder in root of your sd card.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Unchek chekbox in application settings where it says to "hide files from media recorder" in order to be able to see them thorugh Windows file explorer.
- 3 Different audio formats: "wav","aac","amr"
- Continue an existing wave recording.
- Folders support.
- Built-in player
- Sorting your recorded files
- Renaming & Deleting recorded files
- Sharing your recorded files
- Easy settings
If you are using task killer it might cause app to crash or stop recording from being saved ! We recommend not to use task killer when recording.
If there are any problems, please contact me via email, and we can troubleshoot the problem together.
Explanation of the permissions
Record audio - Record audio from your microphone.
Write to external storage - Save recordings to your external storage.
Network access - Required by Google AdMob in order to serve ads.
Wake Lock - Required to keep your phone awake in case you turn off your screen.
You can easily change your voice, preview the sound and save it to files.
/** We’re currently in beta, please send us your feedback **/
1. record high quality audio file in wave/pcm/wav format
2. background audio recording
3. convert/batch convert recorded audio file to m4a/aac
4. merge multiple wav recordings to one
5. trim audio recordings
6. mix two audio recordings, or mix a recording with a preset background music
7. boost or reduce audio volume
8. add echo to audio recording
9. adjust pitch of recording
10. adjust speed of recording
/** If you like advanced audio recorder, please rate and like us. We’ll add the following features in future **/
1. noise filtering to improve recording quality
2. record audio in aac/m4a format
3. edit recordings in aac/m4a format
Simple and easy interface
Recorder using multiple voice frequencies
Rename audio files
Change storage location for recording files
Record to WAVE files for lossless recording, MP4 files using AAC (on Gingerbread and higher) for a good balance between quality and size, and 3GP files using AMR to save space. You can even record in the background and control the recorder using a widget, while you do other things!
Voice recorder, sound recorder ,audio recorder