A permanent RXL level of -115dBm on some Samsung phones is a Samsung bug! Only Samsung is able to fix that.
Powerful WarDriving scanner and GSM / CDMA / EVDO / UMTS and LTE Netmonitor and drive test tool with voice notifications. It scans for all WiFi networks in range & saves the data with GPS coordinates into a file on your sd card. You can create a kml file for Google Earth. It shows you the encrytion, channel an signal strength. It shows all APs in range in a live map.
G-MoN is a Wardriving scanner to collect and map all received wifi access points. It is also a 2G/3G netmonitor and field test drive tool for radio planning engineers. Needs enabled GPS for correct position in map!
To import a V3.0 (decimal cell data and coordinates without characters) CLF file, remove all comment lines, rename it to import.clf and copy it to /sdcard/gmon/ then start import CLF from menu.
You can log GSM or UMTS RX levels into a kml file for Google Earth or a csv file. There are 5 color groups for different levels. These levels can be defined by the user in the settings menue. This file is saved into the gmon folder on the sdcard or external memory. When the log is running, the G-MoN Notification Icon changes color to red. 2G/3G logging does not work when the screen is off!
The application puts colored markers on a map after determining the exact location using GPS. Google Maps or OpenStreetMap can be displayed as a map.
Collected data can be exported as an image, KML or CSV file.
Look at 2G / 3G coverage in two clicks and a little time!
App collects current cell parameters and draws pictures according to Google and Yandex.
WARNING! Only for GSM family devices (UMTS, HSDPA, ...)
★ GSM Field Test
★ GSM Signal Monitoring
- HTTP, HTTPS and FTP files monitoring
- independant schedule and notification options for each site
- customizable default values to save time
- network availability detection to avoid false alarms
- roaming mode to avoid being charged for internet usage when travelling
- auto-start at boot time option
- XML import/export feature to share your sites list and do team-monitoring
- real-time updated user interface
- french and english versions
Net Monitor is optimized to save your battery.
(Designed using au by KDDI IS12S)
- LTE RSRP in StatusBar [beta] - press Toggle StatusBar
- LTE RSRP/RSRQ/RSSNR/CQI [beta]
- Tracks Defined Base Station in Status Bar [HOT!]
- Logging CSV & KML Supported [HOT!]
- Send CSV & KML from App via E-mail
- Enable/Disalbe Base Station Tracker
- Status Bar RSSI Color (White or Green)
- Optimized View, All in "One Screen"
- Shows Cdma SID/NID
- Maps CDMA Base Station Location
1. Works only with Cdma2000 Type Phones. GSM/UMTS/LTE not supported.
2. Map Base Station only works if your tower tells you Lat/Long.
3. Open map and click on tag to show Latitude and Longitude in user friendly format.
4. Keep the App in the foreground and press ToggleScreenOn for active updates.
*** CDMA from Android 2.0
*** May be no neighboring cells on LG, Samsung, Acer, SE, Huawei and in GSM 3G, CDMA mode (limited not by my app, contact manufactures)
*** Samsung GS2, GS3 may have bug with signal strength (I can do nothing, contact manufacturer)
*** NO TA, Rx, Tx, CHANNELS, FREQUENCY ON ANDROID, YOU CAN'T SET CHANNELS MANUALLY!
@ Please contact me if you have questions.
Keywords: gsm, cdma, rf signal, signal monitoring, signal strength, mcc, mnc, lac, cid, bid, sid, network, cellid, celltrack, network
Two widgets, one for mobile- and one for WiFi-signalstrength.
(If you can't find widgets, please copy the app to phone memory)
I have put special value on the visualization of the WiFi and mobile signal strength. They are normally only divided in weakly, good and excellent. Graphically in the form of mostly "only" three to five bars on the Mobile Radio and three to five "waves" by a WiFi connection.
In my app I differentiate the signal strength in total 14 bars. This will give you a quick visualized and detailed information about how good the signal strength is really.
In addition to the much more sophisticated graphical representation of the signal strength you will see some more interesting information.
In "Mobile Signal":
Network operators, Sim operator, phone type, network type, network strength in dbm and ASU, data state, data activity, country code of the mobile phone, device ID, IP address, roaming state.
In "WiFi signal":
WiFi-Name (SSID), BSSID, MAC address, maximum WiFi speed, IP address, external IP address, net capability, net channel, subnet mask, Gateway IP address, DHCP server address, DNS1 and DNS2 address.
If you like the app, please give me a positive rating in the market.
The Pro version (compared to the free version) has no ads, a NEW cell tower database with more than 22 million entries, a NEW MOBILE SIGNAL TRACKER function that generates a KML file for use with Google Earth, more widgets, a MOBILE SIGNAL LOST SERVICE and much more.
You can download the pro version of G-NetTrack Pro on Amazon, Opera and Yandex mobile stores:
The application monitors the serving CELLID, LEVEL, QUAL, MCC, MNC, LAC, technology, cell serving time and neighbor cells CELLID/PSC and LEVEL.
LEVEL and QUAL depend on technology:
- 2G - RXLEVEL and RXQUAL
- 3G - RSCP and ECNO
- 4G - RSRP and RSRQ
Only for 4G also SNR and CQI are monitored
Measurement availability depends on the phone.
Check phone measurement capabilities - http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/survey/surveyresults.php
If LEVEL is -200dBm or less that means your device does not report correctly and you have to search for a software update from your device manufacturer. Anyway you can still use the app for logging the call and data transfer statistics.
G-NetTrack manual - http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/manuals/gnettrack_manual.php
G-NetTrack YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSw0Vrp9ZUoYo6a9hM6gTyA
G-NetWorld - webservice for browsing the measurements sent from G-NetTrack users - http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/G-NetWorld/G-NetWorld.php
The measurements are uploaded:
- online - by allowing it in G-NetTrack - Menu - Settings - G-NetWorld - Send Measurements Online (requires internet connection)
- offline - by uploading a file manually from the G-NetTrack (Menu-More-Upload File) or from upload page
G-NetLook - tool for visualization of text log files - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.gnetlook
G-NetDiag - online tool for postprocessing of text log files - http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/G-NetDiag/G-NetDiag.html
There are two modes in which app could be used - instant and log modes.
1. Instant mode - this is a quick mode for fast measurements
- start the app
- enable the mapview (Menu - Enable Map and GPS)
- select measurement (LEVEL, QUAL, CELLID, DL-bitrate, UL-bitrate, Speed)
- when you finish with measurements you can export the observed measurement to kml or take a screenshot.
2. Log mode - this is more sophisticated mode. During the log mode the screen should be on in order serving cell to be updated. You can also start optionally voice and data sequences (that's why you see in the app permissions "Services that cost you money - Directly call phone numbers") in order to monitor the network for blocked and dropped calls and to measure upload and download bitrate. Don't lock the phone while the log is running.
- start the app
- select what measurements you want to log (Menu-Settings)
- start log (Menu - Start Log)
- the app starts to create kml and text tab export for the selected measurements
- it also creates event kml and text file - for cell reselections, handovers, Call Start, Call End, Call Drop, Call Block
- when you are finished with measurements press End Log button
- you can find kml exports and tab exports in folder G-NetTrack_Logs on sdcard
1. Input the ping, upload and download URL in Settings.
2. Select: Menu - More - Data Test
There are two automatic sequences VOICE and DATA that can be performed:
1. VOICE - it includes
- Voice call to predefined number with predefined duration
- Pause with predefined duration
During the VOICE sequence the following stats are calculated:
- successful calls
- blocked calls
- dropped calls
2. DATA - it includes:
- 10 seconds ping
- 10 seconds upload
- 10 seconds download
During the DATA sequence the following stats are calculated:
- min ping
- max ping
- ping standard deviation
- ping loss
- upload bitrate
- download bitrate
You can create cellfile and you can view sites on map - see the screenshots. Put the file in the folder G-NetTrack_Logs/cellfile.
Text log file can be used with G-NetDiag.
For more information go to www.gyokovsolutions.com
The app allows you to view detailed network information (LTE/CDMA/EVDO/1xRTT on any provider that supports it) and change Sprint specific settings on the phone.
Root access is only required to change settings without MSL. If you know your MSL, you can enter it manually without any root access requirement.
- Ability to view virtually all CDMA cell tower info
- Ability to view virtually all LTE cell tower info (Any LTE provider worldwide)
- Enable/disable band 26 and 41 LTE, set priority of LTE bands
- Edit settings without MSL (REQUIRES ROOT!)
- View MEID/ESN on CDMA networks
- Many more!
For support, please visit this thread on XDA Developers:
WARNING:Although this app itself cannot change any settings, the hidden pages it launches may be able to cause irreversible damage to your phone if used incorrectly. Please ensure you know what you are doing before changing any settings!
Chart shows the dynamics of the strength level change. Log and Statistics display the data about cells which were used by a mobile device.
After importing of CLF file containing cell locations data it is possible to watch cell towers on the Map.
If you are using dual SIM device the app will work only with the SIM inserted in the first slot.
Information for users of Samsung devices: the application doesn't show neighboring cells data due to firmware features.
Run this app and leave it running in the background (push the 'home' menu button of your phone instead of the 'back' button.) It will monitor the state of your phone's network connectivity. If you loose internet (3g or wifi), the app will save a record of the event.
Push the 'back' button and you will be given the option to shut down the monitor.
You can use the application to:
-To complement the manufacturer's technical information.
-To compare the technical differences between more than 600 models of devices on the market.
-Test the proper functioning of all your sensors.
-Measure the accuracy of each sensor.
-To get the most out of your Smartphone.
-To check the GPS signal, camera, compass, accelerometer, microphone, speakers, WiFi signals, Bluetooth, GSM / UMTS, FM Radio, Display, Battery, CPU, Memory, Vibration, USB, Audio / Video , operating system, light sensor, proximity sensor, temperature sensor, flash sensor, NFC near field comunication, Barometer, the detection of Navstar satellites in the constellation jointly and individually, .. etc..
Please do not hesitate to send your comments to:
New infrared sensor added.
New virtual sensor step detector added.
New virtual sensor step counter added.
Camera detection bugs (force close) solved.
Log report bug corrected.
Updated camera api to level 15 (Android ICS 4.0.4).
Several bugs corrected.
Hygrometer sensor added (relative humidity.
4 new "Virtual" sensors added:
-Gravity (Gravity acceleration measure)
-Gyroscope (device angular speed measure)
-Angular Acceleration (Device Orientation relative to a tangent to earth plane coordinate system)
-Lineal acceleration (3 axis acceleration measure without gravity effect).
Added a 2D graphic representation of several sensors.
3D graphis added to several sensors.
Numerical calc. for highest sensors rate.
Several bugs corrected.
- Added support for NFC.
- Added support for Ant+ devices.
-Added in a test GPS accuracy to meet itself.
The block-GPS can check what Navstar satellite constellation are giving you coverage at all times and know the detailed specifications of each.
Corrected minor bugs.
- Added test pressure sensor of the touch screen.
- Detection of multimedia chip.
- Detection of version ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture).
- Detection of process model.
- Detection of the number of processors.
- Detection of the processor frequency.
- Added OpenGL version detection.
- Added detection of OpenGL graphics chip.
- The flash works on some models.
measure, test, fail, failure, problem, issue, repair, fix, accurate, precision, accuracy, fit, adjust, calibrate, calibration, feature, features, characteristics, capabilities, break, broken, operation, malfunction, measure, enhance, optimize
very useful for those who have a handler that uses only the UMTS network, in this case is sufficient to force the network by selecting WCDMA Only.
Are you sure your smartphone is on the fastest network technology
all the time?
This app monitors network technology time usage for GSM, UMTS, LTE
and displays the statistics in charts. To help network engineers
useful net-monitor data is provided.
- Collect tech time usage for Idle mode (Lite and Pro versions)
- Collect tech time usage for Voice/Data mode (Pro version only)
- Vibrate when loose coverage (Lite and Pro versions)
- Auto run logging (Pro version only)
and WCDMA only
Especially if you want to use "WCDMA only", this setting is very usefull.
ATTENTION: You can also change other things with this shortcut: USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!
Network ist now Open-Source:
More from developer
It's for LTE only, if you want to test other net work signal info like GSM/WCDMA/CDMA please use signalsitemap.
SignalLTEMap can show RSRP/SINR and other LTE signal.
Can field test and record.
The most simple LTE field test tools on android.