Great app for learning if you can't get on the water. The only issue I have with it, is the sensitivity of the controls are just a touch too high. When I go to take my finger off the screen, the meter will jump a short way.
Good for us newbies trying to figure this out! Would be nice if there was a streamer on mast pole to help with wind direction. Other than that I think this is an excellent teaching method until I get my own boat!
This game is great. I look forward to see what continues to develop with it. I dont understand how to get three stars on the tacking and jibing or the trimming modules though.
Would be better if had telltales to react to on both sides of the main and head sails. Otherwise great for keeping up my rusty sailing experience.
I'm new and have never sailed but want to. This app has taught me so much. The terminology and the general idea of the mechanics I've learned was worth way more than a few dollars :)
Fun easy keeps your skills up when you can not get on the water
* New “Tacking Master” course.
* New “BVI” course
* New “Night” course.
* Added ability to choose between Tiller / Wheel.
* Added ability to look around and zoom while sailing by swiping.
* Added restart button to pause menu to allow a module to be quickly restarted.
* All modules now include achievements - collect all 3 stars in each module to demonstrate your skills.
* Added support for multiple languages.
* Sailboat now has a jib.
* Sailboat now has a wake.