The Book of Psalms (Hebrew: תְּהִלִּים or תהילים Tehillim meaning "Praises"), commonly referred to simply as Psalms or "the Psalms", is the first book of the Ketuvim ("Writings"), the third section of the Hebrew Bible. The English title is from the Greek translation, ψαλμοί psalmoi, meaning "instrumental music" and, by extension, "the words accompanying the music." There are 150 psalms in the Jewish and Western Christian tradition (more in the Eastern Christian churches), many of them linked to the name of King David, but his authorship is not accepted by most modern Bible scholars.
Benedictions and superscriptions
The Book of Psalms is divided into five sections, each closing with a doxology (i.e., a benediction) – these divisions were probably introduced by the final editors to imitate the five-fold division of the Torah:
Book 1 (Psalms 1–41)
Book 2 (Psalms 42–72)
Book 3 (Psalms 73–89)
Book 4 (Psalms 90–106)
Book 5 (Psalms 107–150)
Many psalms (116 of the 150) have individual superscriptions (titles), ranging from lengthy comments to a single word. Over a third appear to be musical directions, addressed to the "leader" or "choirmaster," including such statements as "with stringed instruments" and "according to lilies." Others appear to be references to types of musical composition, such as "A psalm" and "Song," or directions regarding the occasion for using the psalm ("On the dedication of the temple," "For the memorial offering," etc.). Some carry the names of individuals, the most common being David, and thirteen of these relate explicitly to incidents in the king's life.
Individual psalms were originally hymns, to be used on various occasions and at various sacred sites; later, some were anthologised, and might have been understood within the various anthologies (e.g., ps.123 as one of the Psalms of Ascent); finally, individual psalms might be understood within the Psalter as a whole, either narrating the life of David or providing instruction like the Torah. In later Jewish and Christian tradition, the psalms have come to be used as prayers, either individual or communal, as traditional expressions of religious feeling.
From the classic King James Version (KJV), comes one of the most inspiring books of Psalms. You can now enjoy the wisdom of Jesus Christ and his apostles using this app.
Presented in easy to browse tabs, sections, and one click share functionality, this app allows you to read, and share your favorite verses from the book of Psalms easily!
Features of app
-Quote of Day screen. At start, Quote of Day is random but can be customized to preferred quote
-Customizable user settings such as background, font type, font size, font color
-One Click add to Favorites for easy retrieval
-One Click sharing on Facebook, Twitter, Email, Sms and more!
-Choice to save app to SD Card or Phone (Requires App2SD app)
What are you waiting for? Download this app and bask in the inspiration from the Book of Psalms today!
-Use the ‘share function’ to share your favorite verses via Facebook, Twitter, SMS or other applications.
(To share with Facebook, use the copy button first, then click the share button, choose Facebook and paste through long-press)
-Native app. Can be used even when offline or not connected to the internet.
-Can be saved in SD card, hence saving memory.
-This is not a widget and will not crowd your home screen.
-Can use the ‘refresh’ function whenever you like. You don’t have to wait for the next day to read the Psalm for that day.
This app uses the Hebrew in Hand technology from ZigZag, Inc. to display the Hebrew text of the Psalms. Hebrew in Hand provides complete, self-contained support for re-sizable, re-flowable, Hebrew/Yiddish and mixed-language text with proper scroll bar placement (on the left for Hebrew).
The Hebrew in Hand Traditional font, which can be viewed in seven sizes in this app, provides exceptional readability on any screen, whatever the resolution.
כל 150 תהלים עם נקודות וטעמים
7 גודל גופן
תפלות קודם ואחר אמירת תהלים ביום חול
Tags: תהלים תהילים Psalms Jewish Tehillim Tehilim עברית Hebrew
Bible Commentary on Psalms
Spurgeon's own commentary on every verse of the Psalms is extremely insightful, and by itself it would have been rich enough for posterity. But there's much more in The Treasury of David. You'll find a wealth of illuminating extracts and quotes from hundreds of commentators - contemporaries of Spurgeon as well as the great Puritan expositors of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. Preachers and teachers will appreciate the homiletical hints on almost every verse, concise sermon outlines, and provocative seed thoughts.
Of all Spurgeon's writings, the one that is his greatest works is "The Treasury of David", composed and polished over the span of nearly half his ministry. First published in weekly installments over a twenty-year span in the London Metropolitan Tabernacle's periodical, The Sword and the Trowel, completed sections were released volume by volume, until the seventh and final volume was released in 1885.
Within a decade more than 120,000 sets had been sold. The Treasury of David is a superb literary achievement. Eric Hayden, pastor of the Metropolitan Tabernacle a century after Spurgeon's ministry began there, calls this work "Spurgeon's magnum opus." Spurgeon's wife said that if Spurgeon had never written any other work, this would have been a permanent literary memorial.
Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892) was born in Essex, England. After preaching his first sermon at the age of 16, he became pastor of the church in Waterbeach at the age of 17. His most fruitful years of ministry were at the New Park Street and later the Metropolitan Tabernacle pulpit in London. Called the "Prince of Preachers," he had more than 1,900 sermons published prior to his death.
Daily Psalms Bible Verse app delivers you with enlightening Psalms bible verses daily. There is no big list of Psalms bible verses to confuse you. DPBV shows you just one Psalms bible verse daily. Our specially chosen daily Psalms bible verses helps you to start your day thinking about and thanking God for this wonderful life .It will also set you think deeply about each quote, understand its right meaning and act wisely upon so as to bring happiness upon on yourself and your fellow beings.
* Daily notification in the morning.
* Highly curated inspirational quotes from bible.
* Option to make quotes as favourite for future reference.
* Share quotes with friends/family as text quote/image.
* Download the quote to camera roll to set as wallpaper.
* Facebook, Twitter, email, text(SMS) etc sharing.
* If you want to see the daily verse in future, set it as favourite by clicking the love symbol and it will be available in the Favourites tab.
Use of this Psalms Bible verse of the day app.
Versers are choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more. So it will help you to know how Jesus calling you. These Jesus prayer are a powerful tool to know that.
Hundreds of reading plans: Devotionals, old testament stories, topical plans, old testament Bible tagalog, portions of the Bible, or the whole thing.
You’ll find devotionals, as well as plans that lead you through specific topics, Psalms youth Bible verses, Psalms portions of the Bible, Bible trivia or even the entire Bible.
SUGGESTIONS WELCOME! We want to make this the most inspirational and useful app we can. Please send us your ideas to make it better!
ISSUES? Please email us with the details so that we can take care of it.Any people from United States of America (USA / US), Canada, Australia, United Kingdom ( UK / England ), Germany and people from all other english speaking country can use this app.Successfully tested on mobile phone devices like Samsung galaxy, Samsung S4, Samsung S3 , Sony xperia , HTC series,and LG Optimus,Nexus etc
Hymns in: English, French, Spanish, Creole, Russian, Hungarian, Korean, and more.
Features of this App:
- Easy Navigation
- Global search: This allows you to search a song across all the books in the App.
- Local search: Search a song by title from one specific book.
- Save to Favorite: Save your favorite songs into a favorite with easy access.
- Send song's Lyric to Email: Share with friends the lyrics found in this App via email.
- Audio, Tunes listen to some of the Songs, Hymns in this App.
First version presented the names of calendar days together with daily Scripture readings (English text from King James version). The second version is enriched with Liturgy of the Hours with brief commentary on each Hour. Upcoming release will contain explanation of feasts.
The Book of Hours of the Armenian Church is comprised of nine services – Midnight Time (Matins), Morning Time (Lauds), Sunrise Time (Prime), Third Hour (Terce), Sixth Hour (Sext), Ninth Hour (None). Last three are referred to as Daytime Prayers. They are followed by Evening Time (Vespers), Peace Time and Night Time (Compline).
This electronic version of the Book of Hours is based on the calendar by Catholicos Simeon Yerevantsi (XVIII c.). According to it, the services are held at respective hours on all calendar days with the exception of Lord’s days, Saturdays and evenings before feast days.
The Holy Mass, part of daily liturgy, may be held on any day. This program presents the special Holy Mass days – including notable Sundays, feast days and commemoration days.
The Book of Hours is presented in Old Armenian language (Grabar).
No internet connection required to use app :)
James 5:13 - "Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms."
Ephesians 5:19-20 - "Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;"
You can mark texts as "favorites" using long press on the list of psalms.
Οι Ψαλμοί του Δαυίδ, Ελληνική μετάφραση των Ο'. Περιλαμβάνει τους 151 ψαλμούς.
Επιτρέπει εγκατάσταση στη κάρτα μνήμης. Διαθέτει αναζήτηση. Διαθέτει λίστα "Αγαπημένων" (με παρατεταμένη πίεση στη λίστα των Ψαλμών).
- By Chapter/Perek, By Day of Month, By Day of Week
- English and Hebrew Texts
- Easy to make up for previous days portion
- Follows both Jewish and Christian schedules
- No need to flip through pages, you get what you need
- No Internet Access needed
The best Tehilim for android
- Smooth font, readable characters and nice justification paragraph
- Easy use by swipe and facebook-like menu
- Read by numbers, by book, by month, by day
- Manage favorites by click
- Alphabeta support and by name
- Tefilos before and after
- Progression bar for the status of read
Hebrew text. English version also available!
Take your Tehillim \ Psalms \ תהילים with you.
Read by chapter, by day of the week or by day of month.
Read Psalm 119 (composed according to the Hebrew alphabet, eight verses for each letter. It is customary to recite the verses that comprise the letters of the person's Hebrew name when praying for him or her).
- Change font, color and font size
- Remove vowels
- English and Hebrew menus
- Send chapter to email
- Toggle Full screen
- Context menu (long press text).
Keywords: Torah, bible, pray, Tehilim, Jew, Israel, תהילים
** Language translation in App supports more than 60 languages **
** INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED! **
**We appreciate all those who have downloaded this app. By doing so, you have helped us maintain this one and others and have helped in supporting the Gospel. Thank you.**
Note: FONT SIZE ADJUSTER: Red long line with (-) and (+) signs at each end.
The Bible Scholar ULTIMATE: has over 14,000 pages of Bible Study Tools.
The Bible Scholar named one of:
"40 Awesome Android Apps for Scripture Study" by Masters in Divinity.
Category: Bible app and Bible commentary
The Bible Scholar ULTIMATE has more than 14,000 pages of Bible Commentary, Bible Dictionaries, and Church History. It is a wonderful Bible Study tool and source for every serious student of the Bible. This app is an amplified Bible study gold mine. The reader of this app will have a vast library at his or her disposal. Great with your daily Bible reading.
Just look at what we've included in this amazing package:
• Easton’s Bible Dictionary 1897
• Matthew Henry’s Whole Bible Commentary
Over 1,000 Pages of In-depth Bible commentary on the entire Holy Bible.
• Institutes of the Christian Religion, 4 volumes by John Calvin. This 4 Volume in 1 classic
• People’s New Testament Bible Commentary
A commentary that covers the entire New Testament.
• Smith’s Bible Dictionary
William Smith's classic dictionary will help you to clarify the meanings of Biblical words.
• The Treasury of David, Six Volumes by Charles Haddon Spurgeon is an excellent Bible Devotional.
This 6 Volume collection of commentary on the Psalms of David is the crown of Charles Spurgeon's work.
• Introduction to the New Testament by Lewis Berkhof's famous introduction will help you to understand the culture and authorship of the New Testament.
• History of the Christian Church Volumes 1 to 8 by Philip Schaff
Vol 1: Apostolic Christianity A.D. 1-100
Vol 2: Ante-Nicene Christianity A.D. 100-325
Vol 3: Nicene & Post-Nicene Christianity A.D. 311-600
Vol 4: Mediaeval Christianity A.D. 590-1073
Vol 5: The Middle Ages A.D. 1049-1294
Vol 6: The Middle Ages A.D. 1294-1517
Vol 7: Modern Christianity: The German Reformation
Vol 8: Modern Christianity: The Swiss Reformation
• Updated King James Version of the Holy Bible More than 1800 pages in this Bible for Android App.The KJV of the Bible has brought light and life since its inception in 1611. It has brought hope to countless millions around the world. If you like the way the KJV of the Bible reads, you will love the way the Updated King James Bible reads. This Bible is great for daily bible reading. It is a great source for Bible quotes as it reads and maintains the poetic flow of KJV Bible. The Updated King James Bible is not a new translation. It is simply the King James Version of the Bible without the antiquated and archaic words. Great for quick Bible study due to its clear reading pane. This is an amazing Bible app .
Psalm 52:8 "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God..."
This is you version of the Bible in modern English. This is not NIV or ESV Bible. The sword of the Spirit is the greatest weapon the believer has. The virtue of reading the Bible is essential to Christian growth. Every Bible discovery is worthwhile for building a strong foundation. New generations of Christians have emerged and the need to update the KJV while preserving the rich poetic flow of this most used version is necessary, and this is you version Bible app free of charge. . Bible verses come alive as you read this Bible app . Great for daily Bible reading. The Bible Scholar is a loaded outstanding Christian App. You will find this version of our app packed with tools relevant for the ultimate Bible Scholar, devotional time, and guide as daily bread for life. This is an acro Bible app gem. Note: UKJV is free in public domain.
Created by Church Publishing, Inc. (http://www.churchpublishing.org), eCP for Android is built to run on devices that support Google Play
For those who want the most commonly used worship services and devotional content of the BCP along with the full lectionary texts in one app, look no further. eCP offers the following features:
* Simple menu navigation, with an intuitive user interface
* Most commonly used services from the 1979 BCP, fully hyperlinked to lessons, Collects of the Day, and Psalms
* The complete Daily Office with readings and Psalms for each day in both Years 1 and 2
* An interactive Calendar with complete access to Years A, B, & C of the RCL for Sundays and Holy Days, the Daily Office and Lesser Feasts and Fasts lectionary texts in the NRSV
* Feast pages include title and color in addition to presenting multiple feasts in order of precedence
* Fully searchable content and Indexes for Psalms, Canticles, Collects, Prefaces, and Prayers & Thanksgivings. Search for text within title or content
* Canticles are supplemented with all of the alternatives from Enriching Our Worship.
* Swipe left/right navigation through Services, Psalms and other indexed material
* Psalm options for the Daily Office include both Psalms Appointed and the Thirty Day Psalter
* Bookmarking of content for easy access throughout the app.
* In-App purchases available in Google Play for ongoing additions to content, including Enriching Our Worship
* The ability to email content from within the app.
eCP requires NO INTERNET connection, as all texts are stored locally on your device, allowing you access to these texts no matter where you go.
eCP is perfect for personal devotion with the Daily Office and the variety of prayers from the Book of Common Prayer. Quick access to all of the lectionary texts is ideal for clergy or liturgy planners, or for pastoral care such as Ministration to the Sick or Reconciliation of a Penitent when on the road.
Planned updates include the addition of material from the Book of Occasional Services and Enriching Our Worship, Liturgical rites for same sex blessings, and other liturgical resources as approved for use by the General Convention. More than just an app, eCP is a framework for delivering content to our customers.
Whether lay or ordained, eCP offers the content of the Book of Common Prayer in a way that supports your devotion in a perfect mobile format for a busy world.