QuickEM is a rapid bedside reference designed by an emergency physician for medical students, interns, residents, and attendings who are working in the emergency department. It includes the differential diagnosis, history, physical exam, tests, and treatments for over 50 of the most common chief complaints to the emergency department, including both adult and pediatric sections. In addition, it features the most useful clinical decision rules / calculators in the emergency room. For those who are new to emergency medicine (medical students, new interns, and rotating interns/residents in other fields), there is an included list of tips, basic overview of trauma, “must know” list of medications, and recommended resources for learning. For experienced clinicians, there are tons of quick reference sections to act as a secondary brain for calculations, decision tools, drug doses, and much more.
• 50+ common chief complaints
• Differential diagnoses, relevant history and physical exam, initial tests, and initial treatments listed for each chief complaint
• No fluff like in other resources; focused ED-relevant info only
• Rapid pearls and mnemonics
• 50+ top EM clinical decision tools / calculators and how to interpret the results
• Tips / training for medical students and rotators
• Doesn't require an internet connection for most content, so it will work even without cell / wifi service
• No ads, no information-sharing, and no email address required to use
This app is explicitly designed for healthcare professionals only, not the lay public.