The ultimate companion app for BeerSmith users - create a recipe at your desktop cloud folder, walk in the garage, and run the brewday timer from your mobile device!
NOTE: The Lite version does not allow you to create or alter recipes - you need a desktop copy of BeerSmith or our full app to create/edit.
- Search, view and select from thousands of recipes on our BeerSmithRecipes server
- Brewday timer for steep, mash and boil with notifications and alarms
- Ability to store recipes you find locally or to your cloud account
- Full integration with the desktop version of BeerSmith via your cloud folder
- Any recipe you move to your desktop cloud folder can be used in the app!
- Full beer style guide in app for reference
- Ingredient reference including hundreds of brewing grains, hops, yeasts, water, misc
- Seven calculators including: hydrometer adjust, infusions, alcohol/attenuation, mash adjust, weight/volume, refractometer and carbonation
- Five unit converters: temperature, gravity, weight, volume, pressure
Easy to use, works great with our BeerSmith 2 desktop software - a fantastic brew-day companion!
Currently the app supports
* Alcohol by Volume with hydrometer and refreactometer
* Alcohol by Weight with hydrometer and refreactometer
* Conversion from °P (or °Bx whichever you prefer) to Gravity
* Calories per beer with hydrometer and refreactometer
* Temperature adjusted hydrometer gravity readings.
* Standard and Metric (Fahrenheit and Celsius)
Brew Timer Features:
- Create, save, load, and delete multiple Recipe Profiles.
- Each Recipe Profile can contain events for all timed brewing processes.
- The Brew Timer can sound a user selected alarm and/or vibrate when an event needs your attention.
- Events can be added, edited, or removed while the the timer is running in case a modification needs to be made on the fly.
- Color-coding of individual event entry’s remaining time lets you quickly determine how soon an event will trigger.
- The Brew Timer can be paused and resumed at any time.
The Brew Timer is also great for timing coffee roasting, baking or anything else you may need to keep track of multiple timing events.
Is there something you would like to see in The Brew Timer? I have a list of other desired features that other brewers have emailed me, send me an email and tell me what you want! (email@example.com)
A mash and batch sparge water calculator
A boil timer with configurable alarms
A convenient place to take brewing notes
An email ready summary of your brew day
Support for both imperial and metric units
BrewDay saves each homebrew session so that you can refer back to them later. There are configurable defaults for most values available in settings.
If you would like to suggest additional brewing methods or any other suggestions, please visit www.brewmycoffee.uservoice.com
NEW! MASH TUN HEATLOSS COMPENSATION:
Enter your mash-tun's thermal mass to adjust for heat loss when you are not heating your mash-tun to the strike temperatures.
• Fahrenheit & Celsius
• Metric & US Measurement Scales
• Mashtun Heatloss Compensation (Advanced Setting)
HOW TO USE:
Swipe left and right between 3 screens that control grain, water and desired temperature. Drag the grain and water levels up and down, spin the temperature on the thermometer to set and calculate target and strike (infusion) temperatures. Use the + and - buttons to nudge each measurement. Use the info button to help learn what to do in each screen.
TO CALCULATE TEMPERATURES:
1 - Enter your grain weight and grain temperature
2 - Enter volume of water
3 - Set the desired temperature to see calculated strike (infusion temperature)
WHY USE IT:
Different homebrew recipes may call for different infusion temperatures and methods. Stop approximating and start your mash off right with Mash. Over or undershooting your infusion temperatures cost you time, effect your efficiency and can change the flavor profile. Get right in the temperature zone the first time and save yourself from scrambling and adjusting.
- Recipe manager
- BeerXML import/export
- Ingredients, equipment, mash profiles
- Brewing calculators
THIS VERSION IS *BETA* AND *WILL* HAVE BUGS.
The files needed for Brewzor are now being hosted on Google Sites. You can download them and use the import wizard to import all the recipe and ingredient data. The URL is:
- Unit conversion
- Hop bitterness and degradation
- Kettle volume
- Infusion mash calculation
- Alcohol content
- Beer color
Brewzilla is optimized for both phones and tablets.
In case you don't have enough space in your home screen, a clear battery level indicator is available on status bar so that you can see it even when you are browsing the web or sending text messages. It can be configured to show in 3 different colors to reflect high/medium/low battery levels. You can also define your own alerts, so that Battery Widget will automatically notify you about battery status changes.
Battery Widget will not drain your battery, as it does only what it needs to do. When the device is idle, it is not listening to any battery information updates from the system if there are no active alerts
If you're at work or at a friend's or just with the family and no one wants to make the tea round, what do you do?
"Who’s Making The Brew" allows you to add tea round players and then randomly decided who should be making the brew. Each player is given a score and emotive to indicate what position in the tea round they came.
Who's Making The Brew now has a launcher widget, plus brew round statistics can now be found for both players and brew rounds.
"Who’s Making The Brew" now includes a handy tea timer to help you mange hoe long your brew has been brewing....(beta, functionality to improved soon)
Players can now be grouped together and saved for easy retrieval when the need for the next Brew comes on, also includes the ability to manage these Groups.
* Brew Rounds, Tea Rounds, Coffee Rounds, Drink Rounds
* Tea timer, Brew timer, Stop watch, Stop clock
* Brew Statics, averages, high scores, low scores and total brews, total lost, won
Internet usage relates to using Google Analytics, this can be disabled if required.
* Friendly dashboard for quick access to all areas of the application.
* Ability to pick players for the brew round.
* Tea timer application to time your next brew.
* Tea Timer notification countdown.
* Tea Timer vibrate on complete.
* Ability to save players in to a Brew Round Group for easy retrieval when you reach your destination.
* Complete Statics showing averages, high scores, low scores and total brews for both players and of brew rounds.
* Ability to manage Brew Round Groups.
* Displays the results of the brew round and highlights who won.
* Ability to email the results to people.
* Stores the last brew round players for easy running next time.
* Preferences to disable/enable features.
* Ability to move application to SD Card.
* Animation screen when brew round is being ran.
* Animation when displaying results.
Future changes to include:
* Improved Tea Timer, including alarms.
* Location based Brew Rounds, utilising Android GPS/Location based services to determine where you are and load particular Groups based on this.
* Ability to chose the activity, i.e. Making the brews, doing the dishes, shotgun etc