As apart of MOI efforts in the field of child protection, MOI child protection center sought to provide a smart application for reporting child related crimes, that is easy to use, provides the required information in a helpful manner to the investigation process and maintains the anonymity of the person who reports the crime according to Wadima law,therefore Hemayati application was introduced to be an electronic hot-line for reporting any abuse against children.
About the application
It is a smart application for reporting child abuse that can be downloaded from google play store and Apple store to smart phones and tablets; it is an easy to use application that is available to all community members in the UAE.
- Reporting child abuse is an important way of preventing child abuse and protecting children against further risks.
- Child abuse should be reported when there is a logical reason that proves abuse, negligence or risk against the child.
Characteristics of the application
- First comprehensive application worldwide for reporting child abuse, the application maintains the anonymity of the victim and the person who reports the crime according to law requirements, preserves their rights and protects them against any social implications.
- Enables citizens and residents to provide helpful information for discovering and preventing child abuse in addition to promoting cooperation between the government and the community.
- Enables all members of the community to report child abuse, also enables foreigners to report child abuse while outside the country through Hemayati application.
- The service allows placing a police report, entering all details related to the abuse, like; child details, age, location, the location where the child abuse took place, abuse category and finally health condition of the child and if the child needs treatment.
- A screen was established at the child protection center to receive police reports, this screen will allow center employees to view police reports details and take necessary actions.