Discover Eastland! The city was founded in 1891 by Jacamiah Daugherty, Charles Connellee and J.B. Ammerman. In the late 1880's the Texas & Pacific Railroad cut an East/West path across the State, bringing development and conveniences to newcomers who were drawn to affordable land. Home of Old Rip – the horned toad placed in the cornerstone of the third courthouse in 1897 and removed in 1928, flat, dusty, but alive.
- Visit the historic downtown area with newly emerging Centre for the Arts and Appellate Court Museum.
- See the County Museum, historic Connellee Hotel and Majestic Theatre.
- Shop for antiques, gifts, clothing and more.
- Enjoy tasty food choices – Texas BBQ, TexMex, Italian, Chinese and more.
- Golf at two scenic 18-hole courses, find treasures in quaint shops, take a dip in the new Water Park with pirates and palm trees.
Eastland Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau inside the Connellee Hotel, 209 W. Main, Eastland TX 76448, 254-629-2332, email@example.com