With the U.S. Coast Guard app, you can:
- Identify the boating safety laws, requirements and resources available in your home state, the state where you keep your vessel or the state where you are planning to operate.
- Request a vessel safety check from the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary.
- Determine what safety equipment you are required to carry by law based on the size and type of vessel you are operating. The app also recommends additional safety equipment you might want to consider.
- File a float plan with up to three friends, loved ones or other responsible parties. While you cannot file a float plan directly with the Coast Guard, the app helps you develop a float plan that will allow your responsible party to provide search and rescue coordinators with important information they can use to facilitate a missing or overdue boater case.
- Review the most commonly sought out navigational “rules of the road.”
- Access weather information from the closest NOAA buoy to your current location.
- Report a navigational hazard to the Coast Guard – this could be a buoy or marker out of place, a sunken vessel or some other obstacle obstructing safe passage of a Federal waterway.
- Report pollution to the Coast Guard – from a minor oil sheen at the dock to a major pollution event, you can help protect our marine environment.
- Report suspicious activity to the Coast Guard – if you see something, say something! We all have a shared responsibility for homeland security.
While the U.S. Coast Guard app will help you better prepare for your time on the water and may help you contact the Coast Guard in an emergency, it is not a replacement for a VHF-FM marine radio, EPIRB, safe boating classes and common sense. Learn more about being a responsible boater at http://www.uscgboating.org/.
The U.S. Coast Guard app is a self-contained mobile application that resides solely on your mobile device. Information about yourself, your vessel and your current or past locations is only shared with the Coast Guard when you choose to do so.
Every safety expert, journalist, coast guard, and search-and-rescue pro knows that float plans save lives, but an estimated 95% of all boaters (power or sail, big cruisers to kayaks, river/lake/ocean) do NOT make and use float plans because the paper versions (and some lesser apps that just replicate paper plans) are a hassle, are hard to find a non-boating-savvy friend to accept the responsibility of, and just plain get between you and your boating fun.
Float Plan One didn't invent the float plan--we just made it work! With more features and services than any mere mobile app, Via Mobile, GPS AND Server-based systems, Float Plan One streamlines and automates the float planning process AND helps prepare and train your on-shore contacts to act in times of emergency, providing them AND you and your passengers/crew safety and peace of mind. Compile, store, and easily use vital info (including photos of your boat, your dinghy, even your car/truck and trailer and ALL of your passengers and crew) Search and Rescue needs to find and save you in an emergency FAST, include all your ports and any stopover waypoints, set the safe ETA you choose, and push a button to file your plan with our reliable servers. Our up-to-date database of SAR emergency agencies will instantly match your route with the right 24-hour number to call, and our fail-safe alert system takes charge if you're overdue to notify your well-prepared on-shore contacts who then easily alert the right authorities--even if your phone, tablet or boat systems are out of action. You set the "alarm clock" and Float Plan One does the rest 24/7/365, sail or power, big or small, river, lake or ocean to get you the help you need fast.
At last a truly powerful, fully-featured, easy-to-use and reliable float plan system is as close as your mobile device. See the tour and video at www.FloatPlanOne.com for the complete story. Download the app, then become a Member Captain today!
Options to sound Reveille, Assembly, and Retreat as alarms.
Great for members of the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. Set the alarms to sync with the bugle calls at your base.
Also great for those preparing for the Service, Basic Training, ROTC, OTS, and Veterans who simply miss it.
Note: The volume is controlled by the phone's "Alarm Volume" setting.
- Determine if current weight and estimated body fat percentage are within standards per COMDTINST M1020.8H
- Boat crew fitness standards per COMDTINST M16114.9D
Work still in progress:
- More correctly handle very large and small body fat percentages.
*** This application is not officially endorsed or sponsored by the US Coast Guard. ***
Feedback from users (preferred via email) concerning issues or improvements is HIGHLY appreciated.
- Prevent Task Killer app to kill Ultimate App Guard.
- Prevent uninstall apps using Package Installer (helpful for Android 2.x). Work with most famous Launcher
- Very small: ~20k
- RESTART YOUR DEVICE after being installed this app.
- If you don't use any task kill or Launcher with uninstalling app capability, please don't download this app.
- Don't download it if you do not install Ultimate App Guard free or Ultimate App Guard Pro or Ultimate App Guard Tab apps
*This is a widget and you will not find it in the application list. To access the widget long press on an empty space on your home screen and select Widgets option. Next locate the Deployment Countdown and it will open the widget configuration screen.
Enter a custom name for each widget-Recommend using Caps for entering names
Support for multiple countdowns
Number of images to choose from-More will be added in the future
If you enter a name incorrectly or choose an image that doesn’t suit you, just delete the widget by long pressing on the widget and dragging it to the trash. If the deployment expected return date changes, do the same thing. You can add as many widgets as your screen can hold.
Use our app to:
- Find a recruiter
- Learn about eligibility, careers, & benefits
- Send in pictures & audio clips
- Connect via social media
- Check out upcoming events
- Post to our community message board
- and more!