★ "A no-nonsense approach to show weather data on your phone, but done well and great looking" - Android Central
NOAA Weather uses NOAA point forecasts from your GPS location to get the most localized weather available. Point forecasts are great for climbing, hiking, skiing, or any outdoor activity where weather from a nearby city isn't accurate enough.
GPS on the phone will provide the most accurate location, but usually isn't needed. Nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi networks can also provide this information, and will be checked first to save time and battery. You can also enter a location manually.
To provided highly localized forecasting, NOAA Weather uses point forecasts from the National Weather Service (NOAA/NWS), and is therefore only available in the US.
If there is severe weather you will see a red warning icon in the corner of the current conditions icon. You can press this icon for more details. The app currently does NOT support severe weather alerts or notifications. NOAA is providing this service directly through cell carriers. You can read more about the service at http://www.noaa.gov/features/03_protecting/wireless_emergency_alerts.html.
There are also several differently sized widgets available which can be placed on your homescreen to provide some basic weather information, without the need to open the app.
Forecast discussion is available through the menu button.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions or problems.
This is the premium version and is 100% Ad free, and has no limitations.
NOAA Weather on Facebook
NEW Widget--Full radar on your home screen, with zoom in and out. Check it out!
Displays real-time local and national weather radar directly from the National Weather Service on Google Maps in an easy to use program. Zoom in/out, loop weather radar images, current storm warnings, satellite images, total precipitation, current location forecast from the National Weather Service including current watches and warnings, and much more! Full options menu allows you to change tons of settings and customize your experience.
Android Tablet Ready!!! Works great on both older Tablets (Android 2.2+) and Honeycomb/Ice Cream Sandwich Tablets!!!
All new Forecast page with tons of features! Check it out.
****All issues left in the comments have been fixed--if you find any new bugs, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org*****
-National Weather Map coverage!!!
-More Google Map Types
-More weather radar products:
3 Weather Radar Products with/without loop
1 hour precipitation
24/48/72 hour precipitation
-Better user interface
-pinch to zoom (Android 3.0 and up)
-sliding options menu
-GPS is now optional
-Works great on Tablets!
-Runs great installed on SDCard--set to prefer SDCard
Extended return policy: We are not a fan of the new 15 minute refund policy set by Google. 15 minutes is not enough time to get a feel for all the features in this program so our policy is as follows: We want you to like and use this application. If for any reason you are not satisfied with this application within 5 days of purchase, please email us at email@example.com with your name, and date of purchase and we will issue a full refund to you. All we ask in return is to let us know what features you would like to see in this program in order for you to repurchase the application.
For more information about NWS Weather Radar, or any of our releases, please see http://www.gudensoft.com
---If you are having issues, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the issue, type of phone, and version of Android. We don't like seeing errors, and we know you don't either!
NOTE FROM DEVELOPER: Due to the NWS servers downtime, we have switched data providers on the BASE Radar images. If you are having issues seeing any radar data, go into settings, and switch from High Res to Base, scroll down and click SAVE. If anyone would like a refund due to the outages, please email email@example.com with your name, and date of purchase and we will honor your request regardless of when it was purchased. THANK YOU!
StormWatch+ is an optional premium service that sends alerts whenever severe weather threatens YOUR specific location (not your county) ANYWHERE IN THE U.S. This is accomplished by cross-referencing storm-based warnings (also known as warning polygons) issued by the National Weather Service with up to four (4) locations registered by the user. Push notification alerts are generated if your location is within the polygon created by the NWS. Opening the MemphisWeather.net app will allow you to view your selected location with respect to the warning polygon on a map, as well as retrieve the full text of the alert.
Recently, the three static locations have been augmented with our new "StormWatch+ EnRoute" service, which allows you to receive severe weather alerts while on the go! Simply enable EnRoute and the app will track your location (even while in the background^^) and alert you when you drive into a warned area!
No longer do you have to wonder whether the warning sirens are sounding because of a storm headed for your location or if the dark clouds ahead promise severe weather! For less than the cost of a combo meal at your favorite fast casual restaurant, you can have "personalized weather alerts in the palm of your hand!"
* Push notifications in the event of:
- Tornado Watches and Warnings
- Severe Thunderstorm Watches and Warnings
- Flash Flood Watches and Warnings
- Winter Storm Watches, Warnings, and Advisories
- A suite of Tropical watches, warnings, and advisories (both inland and coastal)
- All updates to these products (expire, cancel, continue, etc.)
* Notifications sent even if app is not running and device is not in use
* Push notifications accompanied by audio alerts that will wake you up (for Tornado and Severe Thunderstorm Warnings)^
* Auto-updating list of active alerts, which “roll off” when expired or canceled
* Input up to static three locations, which can be changed at any time and can be set using:
- Current location (as determined by the device GPS)
- City, ST
- Postal address
- Zip code
* Activate EnRoute, which uses your device's location services and/or GPS^^ to actively monitor your location for severe weather as you travel
* Access to full text of the alerts
* Map showing warned area and your location
* Quiet time – to temporarily stop alerts during a specified time of day
* Status button to disable all notifications (i.e., vacation stop)
* Status buttons to disable individual locations
* Free re-install if the app is deleted
* Multi-device installation with one purchase
When seconds count... StormWatch+ is watching over you.
MWN is provided by the founder of Cirrus Weather Solutions, LLC and a 25-year native of the Bluff City who brings both extensive forecasting experience and a knack for communication and customer service to his followers. Thanks for checking out the MWN mobile app!
^ "Wake-me-up" audio alerts for Severe Thunderstorm and Tornado Warnings will override a user's vibrate/silent setting, however notifications for other weather alerts WILL NOT.
^^ Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
** STORMWATCH+ IS AN OPTIONAL PREMIUM SERVICE AVAILABLE WITH A ONE-TIME PURCHASE IN-APP. THE COST IS COMPETITIVE WITH ALL OTHER SIMILAR SERVICES AND PROVIDES A SUPERIOR EXPERIENCE TO SIMILAR APPS. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE NEGATIVE REVIEWS BASED ON THE STANDARD PRACTICE OF OFFERING PREMIUM SERVICES FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE. **
My-Cast Weather brings you the classic features of our award winning weather app in a totally re-designed Android user experience. Get access to critical weather information wherever you are with My-Cast.
View animated radar, clouds, current conditions, hourly and extended forecasts, severe weather alerts and more. Quickly check the weather with an easy-to-interpret graphic display and dynamic weather themes. Share weather with Facebook and Twitter.
Unique to My-Cast Weather (paid version):
• No Ads
• Tropical Storm Tracking - View NHC forecast maps and data for hurricanes and tropical storms
• Widgets: Radar, IR and Visible Satellite Widgets
• StormWatch Map
• Background Updates - Set how often widgets and status bar are updated.
NOW AVAILABLE: My-Cast Premium Severe Weather Upgrade Package
With an In-App purchase, you can subscribe to:
• Watch up-to-the-minute lightning strikes animate across a map!
• Severe Weather Push Alerts – Receive Lightning & NWS alerts to your device as soon as they are issued.
My-Cast also includes:
• My-Cast dashboard allows you to quickly view your favorite features in one glance
• Current condition displays in status bar and notification area
• Forecast conditions including hour by hour, detailed daily description
• Interactive forecast graph allows you to visualize seven different types of weather data for the next 7 days
• Complete redesign of severe weather alert functionality, including main page event notification and full interactive text description
• Full screen landscape displays for maps and graphs
• Full support for pinch-zoom gestures in all maps
• Ability to change app skin color for personalized look and feel
• Theme graphics to display current weather conditions
• Forecast Widget
Release notes 1.3.2 - Oct 11 2011
Fixes and Improvements:
• Fixed bug where forecast graph widget might crash on some locations.
• Other Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Release notes 1.3.1 - Sept 23 2011
Bug Fixes and Improvements:
• Display issues on the Galaxy Tab have been resolved
• Clicking the Facebook link in the social section now opens the Facebook website in browser
• Better support for displaying nearby cities
• Fixed issue where forecast was showing incorrect data when using the mobile location in some cases.
Release notes 1.3.0 - Sept 8 2011
• Tropical Weather Update
• New Map - Tropical Map displays current storms
Bug Fixes and Improvements:
• Improved stability in maps and other areas
• Fix Facebook share
Release notes 1.2.0 - August 24 2011
• StormWatch Map - Shows current National Weather Service watches, warnings, alerts and advisories.
• Bing™ Aerial and Bing™ Roads basemap options for maps.
• Transparency slider for overlays. Use the slider on the left side of the map to turn down the brightness of the weather overlays.
• Yesterday's precipitation totals. This is now displayed under yesterday's high and low in the Currents page.
• Moon phase. This shows the current phase at the bottom of the Currents page.
• My-Cast Market. This page is available from the menu button under "Subscriptions". It displays all available My-Cast premium subscription add-ons.
• Lightning Strike Map. Available as part of the Severe Weather Upgrade Package - This will show current lightning strikes as a layer option in the map.
• Push Alerts. Also part of the Severe Weather Upgrade Package, this feature uses the Google push service to push severe weather alerts (and lightning strikes) to your phone the moment they are issued. The alerts show up in the Android notification area and can be configured with a special ringtone. Push Alerts can be set for each location in the location list.
The BEST NOAA Weather Radio app PERIOD! The competition cant even come close to offering what this NOAA Weather Radio app offers you. If you want a HIGH quality app that gives you:
* Flawless Streaming of NOAA Broadcasts
* Animated 5x Zoomable Radar w/Warning Polygons
* Instant Customer Support
Then look no further. Get NOAA Weather Radio trusted and used by Professionals worldwide!
NOAA Weather Radio is a PREMIUM NOAA WEATHER application to listen to over 200+ NOAA Weather Radio All Hazards Broadcasts. Get the latest Warnings, Watches, Advisories and Forecasts and other hazards 24 hours a day 7 days a week straight from the National Weather Service.
Be OnGuard... Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
OnGuard Weather Alerts monitors the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) active weather alerts for advisories, watches, and warnings for your location (Within the Continental United States. Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico).
When an alert is detected for your current location or any of your static location entries, an appropriate audible, sensory (vibrate), and visual alert will be generated depending on the severity of the NOAA alert type (Advisory, Watch, or Warning).
Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
- NO Signups, NO Websites, NO text messages, and NO ads! This application runs entirely on your Android device as a background service and pulls alerts directly from the source (NOAA).
- NOAA provides advisories, watches, and warnings for: Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Wildfires, Earthquakes, Winter Weather, Extreme Temperatures, Tropical Storms, Hurricanes, Typhoons, Volcanoes, Tsunami, Wind, 911 Outages, Fog, Flooding, Civil Emergencies, Nuclear Power Plant Warnings, Law Enforcement Warnings, Local Emergencies, Child Abduction Emergencies, Avalanches, and more.
- Dynamic Location Support (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination).
- Dynamic Location feature is on/off configurable.
- Static Location Support (unlimited # of entries).
- Audible, Sensory (vibrate), and Visual alerts (Configurable).
- User customizable alert sounds.
- Insistent Alert Support (off/on configurable) for Warning level events (ie. Audible, Sensory, and Visual alerts will repeat until acknowledged).
- Filtering of Alerts by category. *NEW* (in the 06/03/2011 release).
- Configurable Notification Levels (Warnings Only, Watches & Warnings, Advisories & Watches & Warnings).
- Configurable interval for checking for alerts.
- "Check Now" Button for manual or instant checks.
- Easily stop the service by simple unchecking a box in the preferences.
- Link to context sensitive tips from FEMA detailing information about what to do before, during, and after certain events. (In the main menu - full list of events, In the alert detail menu - contect specific information).
- Link to the "Red Cross Safe & Well Check In" site (This is the site to report that you are OK after a disaster or to locate a loved one that was in a disaster).
- Radar & Weather Radio Mode currently work, we are waiting for tablet integration before release.
- Various other improvements to existing functionality.
Q: Is OnGuard hard on my battery?
A: No. The application minimizes the amount of power required by allowing the user to control whether Dynamic Location is enabled. Even with this feature enabled, the app only requests Dynamic Location updates at the same interval as your alert polling interval.
Q: How much data is used?
A: Not much at all. It varies based upon the number of active weather publications and how frequently you configure the application to check for updates. Each time the app checks for new NOAA publications a 2k (kilobyte) data packet is retrieved via the Internet for each location configured in your preferences. Using the default app settings, approximately 200k (kilobytes) per day or 6M (megabytes) per month of data is used. This is a very small amount given the allowances of most provider's data plans.
Tip: If data usage is a concern, consider disabling the background service and using the Check Now feature instead.
Q. I am getting alerts for an incorrect location.
A. If you are using "Dynamic Location", sometimes the cell network location (used when GPS is unavailable) will return an incorrect location. This is cell tower issue and is outside our control. Please obtain a GPS fix or use a static location entry.
Q. I am having an issue after updating, what should I do?
A. If you are experiencing any issues after an update, please uninstall and re-install the application.
Weather data is taken from Norwegian Meteorological Institute and NOAA National Weather Service. Data will be most accurate for Europe and the US.
Please check out the introduction by either opening the app from the market, or by using the menu key while on the Aix configuration screen. If you have any issues with the widget, please email me so I can help you.
This widget is designed to work in a portrait 4x1 format. It will work in 4x1 landscape, but this is not what the widget has been designed for. Improved tablet support will be added in the future.
NB: This application is in BETA, and is under development.
Provides near real-time weather radar images Rain / Snow / cloud photos and intuitive visual
Provided by the Korea Meteorological Administration weather screen intuitively understand the weather situation is to enable applications
Multi-Touch with the touch of a finger on the smartphone cloud the picture zoom in / zoom can do it more convenient to move weather radar pictures and detailed views can take in
National Weather Service radar in Korea that span an intuitive grasp of the information collected and
How much is the size of the storm rainfall is rough there will be some
About what time a preset destination, see what happens in the sky, weather conditions
Allows intuitive predictions.
Anywhere in Korea anytime.
The application is able to respond to the weather allows
Kakao Talk to the use of meteorological information and can share with your friends.
Get the prediction power of the Snow Day Calculator in an App. Using just your zip code, David Sukhin's famous Snow Day Calculator will predict the chance of a snow day.
The Snow Day Calculator automatically pulls weather information from the National Weather Service and uses a carefully developed formula to give super accurate snow day predictions for your school! Predictions always use the most recent weather information and new predictions become available at noon each day.
What's your chance for a snow day tomorrow?
The 24/7 Weather App is constantly updated with the latest Atlanta area storm and forecast information. The free service includes Severe Weather Team 2’s 5-day Forecast with the “Weekend Always in View.”
Live Stormtracker 2HD Radar zooms down to your neighborhood or zooms out to check radar anywhere in the country.
Location based Storm Alerts will signal three tones to direct you to the latest severe weather warnings. Under Tornado Warnings, the App streams live coverage of Channel 2 Action News and Severe Weather Team 2 tracking storms and giving out minute-by-minute information on specific streets and neighborhoods threatened by the storm.
WSB-TV’s Weather App keeps you in touch with Severe Weather Team 2 using social media including Facebook, Twitter and interactive uploads of your photos and videos directly from your mobile device.
This Weather App focuses on complete North Georgia Weather Coverage.
**** SUMMARY of FEATURES ****
• Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts for any location you enter
• Audio forecasts for any location you enter
• Background tracking for current location updates
• Alert badges for more than 110+ alert types
• Push notifications for 6 of the 110+ alert types including tornadoes
• Level 3 interactive radar, animation/loops and visible satellite map
• One, two, and three-day outlooks from NOAA's Storm Prediction Center
• Twitter & Facebook feeds
• Additional items added seasonally
**** IN-APP PURCHASES ****
You can turn your app into a NOAA Weather Radio safety and security app for $4.99. You will get voice enabled push alerts for all remaining alert types (more than 110+) powered by a highly scalable, fully redundant, alerting and messaging engine. The premium features include push notifications for more than 110 National Weather Service alert types, voice announcements of alerts, and more.
*Data and alerting available for the United States only.
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
☆ Accurate weather forecasting by using generated forecast statistics.
☆ Phone and tablet optimized (Android 2.1+ required).
☆ Localizations for English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Ukrainian, Russian, Arabic and Simplified Chinese. Will be more soon.
☆ Contains multiple views for weather information, daily, hourly and extended weather information. Possibility to compare weather information from different weather data sources.
☆ Weather maps (currently ~10 different layers).
☆ Home screen widgets. Common widget (resizable), stack widget (stack widget required android 3.0+) and transparent 2x2 (resizable vertically) widget with lot of customization options. 2x2 transparent widget have widget constructor, that you can use for to create your our widget look from predefined content blocks.
☆ Customizable lock screen widget.
☆ Multiple locations supported (millions). Auto-Follow location (GPS).
☆ Sun (sunrise, sunset, day length and more) and Moon (moon phases, current illumination and more) information. Most precise algorithms used for calculations.
☆ Lot of options for customization (most of colors, fonts, icon themes, units of measure etc). All three feels-like types of temperatures supported. Color customization for widgets.
☆ Possibility to use any image as application background. Also possible to use you home screen live wallpapers as application background.
☆ Detailed data update options.
☆ Support for notifications.
☆ Application use as low as possible your phone/tablet battery.
☆ Internal application help
Weather forecasts usually made by using of weather forecasts models. Different weather forecast sources use different forecasts models. For to let you know which weather source is better for your location (or any world wide place), application gather forecast statistics by comparing current weather with that was predicted. Check internal application help for more details. All application widgets and views provides best (by statistics) data.
The application currently use three world-wide and one USA-only weather sources of data (will be more in next versions).
Weather ACE application homepage still in construction, but can be used for to check news.
* The free application include AdMob advertisements with blocked most of sensitive ads. Weather ACE application without ads will be released soon (non free).
* User selectable declutter filter (removes fog/mist)
* Supports nine different NWS radar products
* View the static US national mosaic
* View multiple concurrent radar sites
* Both map and satellite view
See http://tinfoilninja.com/redsky/quickstart.html for the quickstart guide.
A long press on the either the radar load button or the mosaic button will initiate a reload of that object.
Touch the radar product label in the main title bar to list the available radar products.
Requires Coarse Location, Internet and Network State permissions.
At any given time specific radars may not be accessible or may serve old data.
If you experience problems, please send an email with details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certain devices may not be capable of supporting 3 simultaneous radars as well as the mosaic. Reducing the number of loaded frames might help.
All in a single application designed with USA weather information in mind and using the very latest high quality NOAA National Weather Service information on your phone or tablet.
Detailed features (*):
- Detailed 7 day hourly forecast from USA locations updated several times a day with weather conditions, temperature (real and apparent), rain probability, wind direction and speed, cloud cover, humidity,…
- Current conditions and past 72 hourly historic information with weather conditions, temperature, precipitation amount, visibility,…
- Animated rain radar, visible, infrared and water vapor satellite imagery, precipitation amount, precipitation forecast, hazards and drought all projected onto Google Maps.
- NOAA issued hazard alerts notifications for your current location and favorite ones in your phone notification bar.
- Area forecast discussion text for your locations.
- Several widgets sizes for your home screen including todays weather, next hours, next days and clock widget.
- Favorite locations and follow your current location to easy access the weather information you want.
- Moon phase, sunrise and sunset times and local timezone information.
- Nice adapted tablet layout.
If you have any problems with this application or have a good idea on how to improve it, then please don’t hesitate to contact me. Your ideas and problems are very important to me as it’s my intention to make USA Weather Forecast your preferred weather application here in the USA. You can leave feedback via email from the “About” menu option or in http://usaweather.uservoice.com
Please take note that this application shows data from USA National Weather Service, however the author of this software has no affiliation with NWS and therefore it is not presented as an official application of NWS.
(*) While the free version is completely functional in terms of forecast data, some advanced features require the Premium version.
More from developer
Pace Yourself is an app designed to help you achieve your fitness goals and if you don't have fitness goals this app will help you start. How it works is really simple. You select a distance and a completion time and Pace Yourself transforms into a personalized fitness coach informing you if you are achieving your set pace. (Uses the GPS radio on your phone for tracking your pace. Does not use any data from your service provider.)
If the run screen has a red background, you are behind pace. If it is green, you are on pace. If it is yellow, you are well ahead of your target pace. When the volume is turned up you will hear periodic updates on how you are doing so that you do not have to look at your phone. Up to five different courses can be saved for quick selection.
Let the training begin! (Positive feedback is encouraged :))