IV Drips is a great tool in the Emergency and Critical Care settings. This medical app contains 44 of the most common used critical drips for quick reference at your finger tips. It also includes calculators to give you either mL/hr or dose/hr. With each drug you will quickly be able to see its class, indications, and what side effects to watch out for. IV Drips also gives you the standard infusion rates for each medication. Each drug comes pre-programmed in their standard concentration for quick calculation. There is also a Customize feature which allows you to change the infusion rates and drug concentrations according to your facility’s policy.
Internet access is NOT required to use this app.
STORAGE permission is required for the Backup/Restore feature.
We also offer great support for this app. Want us to add a drug? Email us and we will get to work on it STAT!
Be sure to check out our other app, NurseCalcs, which features many of the most used nursing calculators!
Keywords: nursing, nurse, registered, calculator, calculators, nursing student, medical, medicine, dosing, IV, dose, patient, drip, critical care, medsurg, NCLEX, nursing school, nursing apps, RN, LVN, LPN, MD, EMT, paramedic, medic, critical, care, emergency, ER, ED, CCU, ICU, pharm, pharmacy, pharmacist, cardiac, drug, drugs, medicine, medication, medications,
Also included is an IV Push calculator!
Internet access is NOT required to use this app.
We also offer great support for this app. Want us to add a calculator/feature? Email us and we will get to work on it STAT!
nursing, nurse, registered, nursing student, medical, medicine, patient, critical care, medsurg, NCLEX, nursing school, nursing apps, RN, LVN, LPN, MD, EMT, NREMT, paramedic, medic, critical, care, emergency, ER, ED, CCU, ICU, cardiac, doctor, respiratory, therapy, therapist, care, practitioner, RT, RCP, RRT, CRT, certified, IV, drip, drips, infusion
I made this for my wife who is a nurse and needs to do these kind of calculations a lot.
Simply enter two of the parameters you know (Volume, Time and Drip Rate) and the app will calculate the missing one for you.
This is my very first Android app, so please be kind ;-)
IV Therapy Helper accurately sets a flow rate and simply checks a current flow rate.
IV Therapy Helper calculates a ① flow rate, ② drug dosage to mix into fluid in compliance with the prescribed rate of drug administration.
Moreover, IV Therapy Helper converts the flow rate in accordance with the rate of drug administration.
█ Functions and Features
1. Set a flow rate
- IV therapy helper calculates drip intervals in any forms of prescriptions such as mL/hr, drops/min or the fluid volume (mL) and time duration (hr, min) in IV therapy and generates an auditory indicator(a clicking sound) like a metronome in music to help set drip intervals at the actually prescribed rates.
2. Check a flow rate
- IV Therapy Helper shows a current flow rate (mL/hr) or drip rate (drops/min) by simply tapping on an assigned screen above 5 consecutive times while each drop is falling into the drip chamber.
3. Calculate a flow rate
- IV Therapy Helper calculates the flow rate in compliance with the prescribed rate of drug administration [drug dose / body weight or BSA(m²) / hour or minute] and finally help users set the flow rate.
4. Calculate a drug dosage to mix into fluid
- IV Therapy Helper calculates a drug dosage and quantities of ampoules to mix into fluid according to the prescribed rate of drug administration [drug dose / body weight or BSA(m²) / hour or minute] and finally help users set the flow rate.
5. Concentration conversion
-Moreover, IV Therapy Helper converts the flow rate in accordance with the rate of drug administration.
6. Treatment time and timer
- IV Therapy Helper calculates residual treatment time and shows real time information of it with alarm sounds at the end of IV therapy.
*IV Therapy Helper is developed for an educational purpose of IVIC (IV infusion controller), produced by HANVIT MD Ltd. Therefore, HANVIT MD Ltd. cannot accept any liability for any outcome that might arise during actual IV therapy with IV Therapy Helper. It is also recommended to seek the advice of a qualified professional with respect to any questions before clinical use.
*A part of IV Therapy Helper is protected by patent law. The unauthorized duplication or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. IV Therapy Helper application is recommended to set Air Plane Mode for protecting the electric disturbance.
- Easy starting and stopping of contraction timer with visual indicator
- Live duration timer during a contraction
- Notification while timing contractions, providing start/stop and add/edit note actions and many Android Wear optimizations including note voice input
- Add a note via 'OK Google, take a note' voice input
- Automatically saves your information - will continue to time contractions if you open another application with no battery consumption
- Automatically calculates contraction duration and start to start contraction frequency over last hour
- Provides average duration and frequency over a controllable time frame from 30 minutes to all contractions
- Ability to manually add contractions
- Can edit times of existing contractions to hh:mm:ss resolution
- Ability to add notes to individual contractions via long click menu
- Ability to delete individual contractions via long click menu, recalculating frequency as needed
- Includes Contextual Action Bar, allowing multiple contractions to be deleted.
- Easy reset functionality to clear all contractions
- Share average duration/frequency via Twitter, Gmail, Google+ and many other applications (note that the Facebook application does not support sharing anything but links)
- Export and import contractions as CSV using Google Drive
- Option to keep screen on when application is open
- Option to lock screen in portrait orientation
- Contraction Toggle homescreen widget (1x1) to easily start and stop contractions with either a light or dark background
- Contraction Controls homescreen widget (4x1) to allow quick launching of the application, view the last hour's average duration and start to start freqency, and start/stop contractions with either a light or dark background
- Contraction Detail home screen and lock screen widget (4x2+) for Android 3.0+ devices gives all functionality of Contraction Controls widget plus a resizeable view of your latest contractions.
- Supports 'move to SD card' functionality
- Supports all Android 2.3+ devices, including tablets and Ice Cream Sandwich devices
- No Ads, all functionality unlocked without additional purchases
NOTE: Due to a limitation in Android, homescreen widgets cannot be used when the application is moved to the SD card. Please move the application to internal storage if you wish to use the homescreen widgets!
Note: Internet permission is used for Google Analytics collection, which has been made fully anonymous and sends no details about you or your device. Can be disabled completely in Settings.
Please rate or donate (via Menu->Donate) via Paypal or Google In App Billing if you like what you see!
Connect with other users on our Google+ page: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/117146023144055713672/117146023144055713672/
For issues or more information:
It is perfect for the pre-hospital setting, emergency department, operating room, or anywhere IV pumps are used.
It accomplishes this by counting the drips like nurses did “back in the day”, but it works immediately.
Tap the screen whenever there is a drip in the tubing drip chamber.
The app makes it easy and fast!
Common dosages, concentrations, and dilutions are provided.
Use whenever pumps fail, are not available, or would take too long to set up.
It is intended mostly for pre-hospital personnel, anesthesiologists, nurses and paramedics.
Use it whenever you need to set up an IV drip fast.
Use it when precise titration of IV fluid is desired.
Use it as a reference for starting a medication infusion.
Intuitive, easy and affordable.
(1) Duration in seconds (2) The number of drops required to count for the duration.
This app gives correct timing sound signal to adjust IV infusion drop rate. The system is very simple and easy to use. You are just listening to the beep sound at equal intervals to adjust the drop rate. You can check whether the current drip rate is too fast or slow. If fast, you can slow down the rate or vice versa until the beep sound signals and the drops are perfectly synchronized. There is no need to look at your watch and try to figure out how many seconds should be waited between drops.
*Pill Identifier - Identify an unknown pill based on shape, color, imprint, and more.
*Medevac Tool - Get exact coordinates and easily send them by SMS message to other responders or a dispatcher.
*Medical Abbreviations - Quick reference on commonly used medical abbreviations.
*Glasgow Coma Scale Calc - Quickly calculate GCS.
*Dosage Calc - Do med math calculations and determine proper dose based on patient weight, dosage on hand, etc.
*Fluid Calc - Determine drip rates for fluid administration over a given time.
*APGAR score - Quick reference calculator for APGAR score for infants
*King Airway Sizes - Quick reference for King Airway sizes and inflation amounts.
Enjoy, and if you think of new features that would be useful, let me know!
Disclaimer: The reference information and calculator functions in this app are provided as-is. Always double check drug dosages, drip rates or any other information obtained from this app. By using this app, you take on any risks associated with it's use.
- Mass per liquid
- Dosage per weight
- IV rate: ml rate and drop rate
- Body mass index (BMI) calculator
Comment if you'd like to have a feature added that i didn't think of!!
The user makes the entry time and volume, and thereby obtains the amount of drops or microdrops per minute that must be diluted in physiological solution.
Displays the device from falling drops at the same rate that was calculated.
There are some basic knowledge in nursing, the calculation of serum drip is one of them, even with reliable facilities of Infusion Pumps very common especially in ICUs, the nurse needs to know both very well and how to calculate the drip serum both in Calculus Drip Serum. The calculation of drip rate in equipo macrogotas can be facilitated with this application very simple and easy to use.
Tag: health, hospital, nurse, nursing, calculator, calculate, drops, saline, drug, device, physiological solution
It is very useful in the fields of internal medicine, emergency medicine and critical/intensive care for both medical officers, nursing officers, medical and nursing students.
The essential information pertaining to these drugs are summarized for quick reference in 5 different fact sheets. The app ‘learns’ as you use it and auto-customizes by itself to provide a better user experience.
Your calculations could be shared with others via SMS, Email or Bluetooth.
IN THE LATEST VERSION OF 2.0, YOU CAN EDIT ANY EXISTING CALCULATIONS, ADD NEW DRUGS AND CALCULATIONS, EXPORT AND IMPORT DRUG INFORMATION, SEE ANIMATIONS OF DRIP RATES AND ADJUST YOUR DRIPS AND BURETTES COMPARING WITH THESE ANIMATIONS!
‘Drips and Pumps’ is developed by a team of professionals led by a medical practitioner. It is one of the well-designed tools of its kind that has been tested and validated by medical professionals.
The app comes with 24/7 customer support and we are looking forward to your valuable feedback for continuous improvement.
Abciximab, Alprostadil, Alteplase, Amiodarone, Argatroban, Bivalirudin, Bumetanide, Cisatracurium, Dexmedetomidine, Diltiazem, Dobutamine, Dopamine, Drotrecogin Alfa, Epinephrine, Epoprostenol, Eptifibatide, Esmolol, Esomeprazole, Fenoldopam, Fentanyl, Furosemide, Heparin, Hydromorphone, Insulin, Isoproterenol, Labetalol, Lepirudin, Lidocaine, Lorazepam, Methadone, Midazolam, Milrinone, Morphine, Nesiritide, Nicardipine, Nitroglycerin, Nitroprusside, Norepinephrine, Octreotide, Pancuronium, Phenylephrine, Procainamide, Propofol, Treprostinil, Vasopressin, Vecuronium
• Winner #1 Best Alternative Medicine App 2014 - HealthTap
• Recommended by Harvard Health Newsletter.
• Recommended by Time.com Techland.
• Recommended by Lifehacker.
The guided breathing exercise used by Breathing Zone has been shown to help:
• Reduce Anxiety.
• Relieve Stress.
• Lower High Blood Pressure.
• Improve Mood.
Breathing Zone uses a clinically proven therapeutic breathing technique that decreases your heart rate, and over time can even help lower High Blood Pressure.
There are no complicated settings and no difficult breathing patterns to master. All you need to do is breathe in and out according to the guide. Anyone can it.
• Easy to follow voice instructions.
• Intuitive animated breathing guide.
• 5 calming guide sounds.
• Vibration mode (on supported devices).
• Timed sessions from 5 to 60 minutes.
• Weekly Target tracks your therapeutic breathing minutes.
** NOTE **
The Fox News video clip features the iPhone version of Breathing Zone. Not all features in the iPhone version are currently available in the Android version.
➤ Harvard Health Newsletter
You can choose an audio accompaniment and set the length of your relaxation session. You then breathe in and out in sync with an image that pulsates at a gradually slower pace."
➤ Time.com Techland
"If you find yourself becoming over agitated calm yourself with Breathing Zone, a handy iPhone app that'll help keep the typical stress of fomenting unrest somewhat in check."
"If you're a bit stressed or anxious, it's a good way to help you alleviate those feelings in just a few minutes."
➤ Jessica Garrett Mills, PhD
Breathing Zone takes the guess work out of meditation. It’s completely devoid of any new-agey-ness that might rub some folks the wrong way. It’s basically just guided breathing.
NeoMate is based upon established guidelines used by the London Neonatal Transfer Service (NTS), an organisation that transfers unwell babies between neonatal units in London and the South East of England. By standardising the care given to babies, it is hoped that the app will improve safety by reducing variability of prescribing practices and local guidelines between different units.
Note: This app is a prank. Enjoy!
keywords: BPcalculator,blood pressure,blood pressure measurement, blood pressure calculator,bp clac,calc,pulse checker calc,BP calc,blood pressure calc,calc,blood pressure calculator,heart rate calc,blood pressure,bp calculator,bp diary,blood pressure watch,blood pressure prank,fingerprint blood pressure,blood pressure checker
SECONDS PRO AT A GLANCE:-
• Quickly create timers for interval training, tabata, circuit training
• Save your timers, as many as you need
• Organize Timers into groups
• Text to speech
• Install timers from the timer repository
• Send your timers to your friends
• Full control over every interval
• Assign music to intervals or timers
• Large display
• The choice of personal trainers up and down the country
• Much, much more...
• LARGE DISPLAY AND COLOR CODING
Seconds boasts a stylish and clear timer display that can easily be read from a distance. You may switch to landscape mode by rotating your device. You may also apply a color to the background of the timer for each interval to provide extra visual cues.
• SIMPLE YET POWERFUL
Seconds provides timer wizards to allow you to create timers for common interval training methods. Included so far are wizards for HIIT timers, round timers and circuit training timers. You may even construct timers out of other timers with the new Compound Timer wizard.
• MUSIC INTEGRATION
Seconds allows you to match the intensity of your music to the intensity of your workout. On a per interval level, you can select a song, album, artist, genre, playlist, podcasts or audiobooks. If this is not to your taste you can simply assign music to the entire workout.
• SOUND SCHEMES AND TEXT TO SPEECH
Seconds comes with a variety of sound schemes. These range from simple beeps, through to MMA airhorns and boxing bells. For situation where you can't see the screen of your device Seconds can read out the name of the intervals in your timer.
• SAMPLE TIMERS
Seconds Pro comes with a variety sample timers to get you started.
Designed by a BJJ/MMA fighter. Please support his training cost! Eff the UG!
Workout timer, exercise, round timer, excercise trainer, round trainer, boxing timer. Timers and stopwatch.
Add a drug amount in mg, mcg, grams or units to a volume of fluid, select the dose ordered, and voila! The ml/hour necessary to deliver that dose is displayed. All parameters MUST be verified prior to infusion! However, if you accidentally enter an incorrect parameter, you may back-screen to correct it without having to re-enter each piece of data.
This program will NOT save preferences.
Also, drug manufacturers and distributors sometimes change their concentrations, therefore this program will NOT let you simply enter "Amiodarone" and perform all the calculations for you.
This is BetterWare (for lack of a better term) - if you think of any way to make it better, please share it with me so I can share it back with everyone.
This program is intended to provide a quick reference to the drugs and dosages required to perform a Rapid Sequence Intubation (RSI). It does NOT take the place of formal classes which teach this skill - you won't learn RSI from scratch by using this app.
This app is designed to be stepped through rapidly - patient class (Adult, Pediatric, or Geriatric); patient weight in pounds or kgs, or Broselow tape if pediatric; finally, patient health considerations - does this patient have an intracranial bleed? Is this patient hypotensive? Should hyperkalemia be suspected? - finally, here are your drugs and dosages.
Any pre-assessment should be performed prior to attempting an intubation (LEMONS, BONES, Mallampati scoring, etc.)
Tap Menu -> Help (post-KitKat, long press Menu to get the menu items) for further information, and remember always to stick to your protocols.
This is Betterware; if you can think of any way to make it better, please drop me a suggestion at DTsEMT@gmail.com, and Thanks!
This app is for the budding EMT-B. It places you in the position of the Rampart docs. Your EMT-B is calling from the scene and asking for instruction.
Your EMT can be ordered to:
Confirm scene safety;
Assess the patient (area-by-area);
Take vital signs (BP, pulse, etc.);
Check blood sugar;
insert OPAs or NPAs as needed;
Use an AED;
Ventilate with BVM;
Immobilize extremities (splint) or patient (backboard);
Assist the patient with Nitro, Epi-pen, or MDI;
Administer oral glucose;
Administer activated charcoal;
Transport the patient
This app works best with a natural text-to-speech voice such as IVONA or SVOX. It can be run through speakerphone or in a privacy mode. It includes an in-app scenario editor to modify existing scenarios or add new scenarios. At the end of the scenario an optional Debrief Mode provides feedback on how well you handled the scene and patient. Full help available in the menu. Keywords: Students, BLS, Practice, Training, EMT, EMT-B
This program acts only as a space-saver. If you wish, you may remove all DTsEMT shortcuts and replace them with a shortcut to this menu.
When the app is launched it scans your device, finds any DTsEMT apps, and loads this menu. That's it.
Obviously, if you have only one DTsEMT app, you will save no space by installing this one.
This app will NOT check the Play store to find other DTsEMT titles, but any new titles you download will automatically appear in this menu the next time it is launched.
Here's a simple little program that allows you to specify oxygen cylinder size, tank pressure, and flow rate to calculate how long the tank will last. There's a "set alarm" button which allows you to exit the application and do other things, then receive a reminder.
Quick Pick option for nasal cannula, face mask, and non-rebreather, or override with your own LPM specification. Also allows you to enter vent settings including tidal volume and FiO2%.
Full explanation, including formulas and limitations, in the program help (Menu -> Help).
Completely free, and ad-free.