SpecScope is a spectrum analyzer and is the second in the line of engineer applications from NFX Development. The SpecScope incorporates the speed and ease of use to access FFT frequency measurements in a hurry.
The UI maximizes the size of the screen, using gesture control to navigate around the graph measurement.
If you are unhappy in anyway with this product, feel free to contact me and I will help all I can, if I cannot help I will offer a refund at any time (even past the 15 minute google refund mark)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Logarithmic/Linear measurements
- Pinch to zoom in both X and Y axis
- Simply navigate round the graph by dragging
- Selectable No. bin for accuracy versus speed
- Three settings of spectrum averaging
- Four different windowing options
- Threshold trigger to hold the peak value
- Tap to pause and resume measurements (graph is still navigational in this mode)
- A adjustable sample rate allow analysis from 10 Hz to 22KHz
- Optional measurement markers for ease of reading
Thank you for purchasing, I hope you enjoy! If you have enjoyed this app leave a quick rating and comment. Thanks!!
Features in Free Version
* No Ads
* 44100 Hz sampling rate
* Max frequencies up to 22050 Hz (1/2 sampling rate)
* 8192 samples per spectrum
* ~5.4 Hz Resolution per point
* Peak Detect of whole spectrum and your local window
* Pinch to Zoom
* Tap to Pause
* Max Hold
* Take Screenshot
* Share on Facebook, Gmail and many more
Features in Premium Version.
* Limited time 99 cent app! Will increase price as more features are added.
* Help out the developer to keep adding more features!
* Beta Log Frequency Scale
* Adjustable sample rate from 8000 Hz to 48000 Hz
* Max frequencies up to 24000 Hz (1/2 sampling rate)
* Adjustable Size of FFT up to 100000 samples
* Not limited on Power of 2 sized FFTs (Must be even though)
* Adjustable Manual Scale
If you purchase the app and don't like it contact me for a refund.
Contact on Reddit: Raspberrywood
Measure the frequency response of your audio equipment, identify tones and noises.
Bugs etc: email@example.com
Display of triggered event count and frequency or time period.
Graph of input signal, 2.5 ms/div up to 640 ms/div.
Gate time of 0.1s, 1s, 10s or 100s.
Gain from x1 to x1000.
Trigger on rise or fall.
AC or DC coupling.
Set a noise level so new event is not triggered until the signal has first passed this level.
More details can be found on the website.
Bugs and feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
showing the spectrum of the audio signal near the phone.
You can see the visualization of your voice or music. Additionally it will display frequency of the loudest signal.
Can be used to test your instruments, check your football whistle frequency, and
even tune your piano, guitar or other string instrument."
Features real-time smooth high framerate spectrum diagram! Frequencies between 20Hz and 20kHz!
Scale is logaritmic, what is best for human perception.
Software is using FFT internally.
This application is using advertisement, but it will not create icon or bookmarks on the desktop. We are also not using any push advertisement.
Analyse captured audio from microphone in three separate panels:
- Osciloscope (time domain),
- Spectrum (instantaneous frequency domain),
- Spectrogram (accumulative frequency domain).
You can display all panels at once (default screen). If you want to see each panel at full-screen, you can simply click on panel and it will be shown full-screen with additional settings that can be changed by pressing buttons. Display can also be paused to take screenshots.
In Spectrum panel values of one or five leading frequencies can also be displayed. Linear or Logarithmic magnitude scale can be chosen. For better peak frequency estimation, special algorithm is applied.
Please share your experience with us. We will do our best to make this application better.
The internet permissions are used for ads only.
It is very easy to use and offers a lot of useful features: high RTA refreshing rate and frequency resolution, adjustable sound pressure level amplitude scale (up to 150 decibels), RTA peak hold function, flat reference line, local peaks...
RTA measurement can be recorded on 3 separate channels. User can later compare SPL (dB) and frequency response charts between the channels.
It also includes a signal (tone) generator, which helps us measuring the frequency response of a sound system.
Input/output can be adjusted to Internal, AUX or Bluetooth. However, all I/O options and combinations do not work on all devices.
Microphone can be accurately calibrated for each frequency band separately.
The app plots the fundamental frequency versus time.
The application can be used to tune musicals instruments.
The app can be used to measure sound Doppler Effect: J.A Gómez-Tejedor, J.C Castro-Palacio y J. A. Monsoriu. "The acoustic Doppler effect applied to the study of linear motions", European Journal of Physics, 35 (2), 025006 (9pp), 2014. doi: 10.1088/0143-0807/35/2/025006. http://iopscience.iop.org/0143-0807/35/2/025006
More information about the App can be found in the reference: J. A. Gómez-Tejedor, J. C. Castro-Palacio and J. A.Monsoriu. "Frequency analyser: A new Android application for high precision frequency measurement". Computer Applications in Engineering Education (2015). DOI: 10.1002/cae.21618. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cae.21618/abstract
Since v.1.0.7, you can choose FFT window size either 1024 or 2048. A higher window size gives more accurate frequencies but using a small window size is faster and recommended on low spec phone. You can choose two histogram plotting styles (area plot or bar graph) and see dominant frequency from the graph.
Hope you enjoy !
Keywords: spectrum analyzer, frequency analyzer, sound oscilloscope, Fourier transform
If in doubt, check our free RTA .
Bugs, comments to: email@example.com
Thank you everyone for making this the top spectrum analyser application on the market. I am dedicated to making this app work well for you! Risk-free purchase; I will refund your money (even beyond Google's 15 min window) if the app does not work for you.
* Both Logarithmic & Linear frequency axis
* Smooth, joyful pinch-to-zoom! Pinch to zoom in on ANY signal section... and zoom... and zoom...
* Pan (vertical and horizontal) by simply dragging the screen
* Dynamically adjusting FFT size, up to 16384 bins (for 2-3 Hz accuracy!), based on the optimal size for your screen.
* Exponential averaging (adjustable)
* Peak hold overlay
* Share screen snapshots easily
* Range set - full audio range from 20Hz, up to 22kHz!
* Peak & valley measurements with crossbar tools
* Adjustable dB levels for ceiling / floor
* And many more!
Designed & tested to work on Honeycomb, Gingerbread, and Froyo.
If you have ANY problems with this release, or requests - email firstname.lastname@example.org. I *will* respond, and work towards fixing your issue. And if I can't fix it, I will give you a full refund.
The screenshots show some of the dynamic zooming capabilities, and the linear vs logarithmic modes. The first screenshot shows the analyser in linear mode, while the next shows logarithmic. The screenshots show the mic on the OG Droid phone capturing a test tone at 21kHz, in addition to other frequencies. Nice real-time analyzer!
The last two screenshots show a zoomed in signal at the lower frequency range - same signal sample (paused again), with two different windows applied.
I am honoured and humbled by each and every purchase made; thank you!
Email for contact is email@example.com
Thank you everyone for purchasing - the response has been great! I appreciate all the encouraging emails.
Purchases are risk free - I offer refunds past the 15-minute window if it does not work on your hardware for some reason.
H/W Updates across all versions:
All reported hardware issues have been resolved - these are listed below for documentation:
Fix for Toshiba Thrive, and Dell Streak mic input issue.
Fix for Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S SGH)! Thanks for the report Red Baron - if this update fixes your problem, I would appreciate an update to your review.
Contains workaround for the Atrix phone hardware microphone issue. UPDATE: Fix confirmed! Thank you Motorola engineering for the workaround.
My goal is to make a useful spectrum / spectral analyser tool for audio professionals, engineers, installers, etc. Signal processing is useful in many fields, from microphone analysis to RTA, to engineering / technical fields. Let me know how you use it! I find it fascinating the different uses.
Here are the permissions the app requests, and why:
To capture audio from the Microphone to display
Save the graph to an image, and send it via email.
Please feel free to email me with any questions, concerns, requests, etc. I love feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Features in free version:
- FFT resolution up to 10.7Hz! (FFT size: from 512 to 4096 bins)
- 44.1kHz sampling frequency
- several window functions to minimise the leakage effect and increase signal peaks precision
- linear scale
- signal averaging
- pause/resume button
- ads free!
To unlock more features, please download PRO version.
Application is stable and has been tested on many different combinations of android devices and android OS versions.
In case you encountered any issue with your device, let us now, we will fix that for you!
Analyze the ambient (background) noise and the traffic noise (TNI)!
This app (ad-supported) has more features (+) than the basic edition.
>>SLM Main features:
• 3 measuring modes (Dynamic, Average, Cumulative)
+ 1 weighting filter curves: dBA according to DIN-IEC 651
• simple calibration settings
• sound level versus time chart
• current dB value, avg (Leq), min and max display
• audio threshold trigger
+ sound level distribution chart
+ accumulated sound level chart
+ current value, L90, L50 and L10 values display
+ TNI (Traffic Noise index) display
+ exporting of measures, chart data (CSV) and screenshot (PNG)
• tested with samsung galaxy S S2 S3 S4
• sharing of text values and screen bmp
>>RTA main features:
+ sound level versus linear frequency chart
+ fixed FFT size ( 2048, about 20 Hz accuracy )
+ 4 values versus selected frequency component displayed (current, mean, max, min)
+ 20hz/22kHz band, 44100 Hz sampling rate
The application relies on the mobile microphone signal. To achieve the best results consider the following:
1) Easy Calibration (only the first time): Some mobiles are automatically calibrated in the first installation phase. For details see the calibration section of the user manual.
2) keep your fingers away from the mobile microphone
3) silence your phone to avoid any ring tones, vibrations and other sounds
4) orient the phone microphone toward the noise source keeping the correct distance
5) click on the function buttons
1) Wrong SPL calibration: See the Calibration section and type the right calibration values
2) No signals detected below 20dB or over 100dB: most smart phone microphones do not work under 20 dB or over 100 dB
3) Signal attenuation near band limits: the mobile mic may attenuate frequencies <100 Hz and >15000 Hz
Read the embedded User Guide: for any info or troubleshooting you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Speaker tests.
- Subwoofer tests.
- Bass test
- Audio amplifier tests.
- Equalizer fine tuning.
- Car audio tuning
- SPL competitions
- Music instrument tuning
- Frequency response analysis
- As a infrasound or ultrasound source
- Subwoofer crossover tuning
- Loudspeaker breakup
- Taking a hearing test (test your friends and family).
- Testing your new headphones (can they output 20Hz as specify in the box?)
- Sound Wiki: The app teaches the user the use and names of the various sound ranges.
- To create relaxation and meditation sounds.
- Some users use it because of tinnitus. This app can help you finding the tinnitus frequency.
- As a noise mask (pink and white noise)
- Solid, double precision, real time, accurate, wave generator (64-bit precision IEEE 754 floating point engine)
- 16 bit PCM encoding (CD quality), PCM 32 bits floating-point format on Android Lollipop 5.0+ devices.
- Sampling rate at 44100 (CD quality) or 48000 Hz (automatic native DAC detection!)
- Tone generator
- Infrasounds generator
- Bass generator (low frequencies)
- High frequencies generator
- Ultrasound generator (only limited by your phone hardware)
- Function generator (sine and square waveform)
- Sweep tone generator (linear or logarithmic for musicians)
- Real time manual frequency increment or decrement (accurate, without pops and clicks)
- Real time Binaural Beats generator
- Sweep loops (continuous, with no lag, no clicks)
- Second low frequency oscillator LFO for amplitude modulation
- Time span selectable
- White noise generator
- Pink noise generator
- Runs in background
- Save favorite tones and sweeps in a list for future use (PRO version)
- Precise left/right channel volume control
- Possibility to invert one channel for cancellation effects.
- No ADS!
- No excessive PERMISSIONS !!
- PRO version option for the users that want to support the future development and maintenance of the app.
This app in only available in the Google Play Store. If you are reading this on another site, do not download the app, it may be an old version, and is not authorized by me. Go to the Google Play please.
- In-app purchases: this permission allows users that want to support the future development and maintenance of this app to upgrade to PRO VERSION, paying a small fee, and without installing a new separate version. This process is the new trend in phone apps. This is a one time purchase only.
- Internet access: This is used only by Google Analytics module, so i can better understand what features are being used.
24 KHz is only possible in phones with a 48KHz sample rate DAC. Some very expensive phones do not have such a DAC. This is a hardware limitation.
IMPORTANT: it shows spectrum only for internally played music but not for FM radio or mic, if you have any problems, email me
Make from your phone or tablet a spectrum analyzer for your music.
It show frequency spectrum of music played from your favorite music player running in the background.
Frequency spectrum is shown in logarithmic scale on X approximately from 43Hz to 22kHz and on Y from 0 to -50dB.
You can change the color by long pressing the display.
This app is very simple without any settings and don't use any extra permissions except for audio.
If you like this, you can buy Spectrum Analyzer 2, where is added settings and some enhancements and which cost less than one beer.
The HD version offers more detail than the free version.
This real-time spectrum analyzer (RTA) / audio visualizer features:
- 256 high-quality frequency bands [20Hz to 22kHz]
- Logarithmic frequency scale to match human perception
- Low latency for high responsiveness
- High framerate to see smooth frequency and amplitude movements
- High performance native code using OpenGL ES 2.0
- FFT window size 4096 @ 58 frames per second
Any feedback is welcome.
★★★ What users said about liveBPM ★★★
John Walden, freelance musician and music technology journalist at musicappblog.com:
"There are three obvious applications for the app. First, it would make a brilliant practice tool for a drummer, allowing them to monitor just how good they are at keeping a steady tempo without the aid of a click track to guide them. Second, sat beside your kit during a performance, it would allow you to judge just how well you are hitting the ideal tempo for each song in your set. It’s not just drummers that can benefit for liveBPM as the third use is in mapping the tempo – and any tempo changes – in commercial recordings. While this is useful for drummers, it is instructional for almost any musician."
"I used this at my last band practice and wasn't expecting it to work. I couldn't believe how quickly and accurately it started tracking the bpm, even despite the very loud volume of our music."
"I am a professional drummer and I have been looking for something like this for years! Unless your playing with backing tracks or recording, Playing with a Click is too Mechanical. This app allows the tempo to breathe, and its like a little angel on your shoulder telling you the band is speeding up or slowing down. It is totally worth the money."
"I have used this about five gigs now and have quit using my previous tempo meter. I used both for a few gigs to test the accuracy. Dead on. Thanks! Every drummer should use this."
"This has been very helpful for recording. thanks!"
"Really this is one of the best bpm detectors I have ever seen. Works perfectly with very fast response."
★★★ Detailed Description ★★★
This is a tool designed for professional use:
- Well-tested beat detection engine guarantees trustworthiness
- Can handle most genres. Produces the best results under the following conditions:
-- The tempo is constant or almost constant
-- Strong impulses are defining the beat (drums, accentuated rhythm instruments like bass/guitar, etc.)
-- Time signature is 4/4, 3/4 or a multiple of either of these
- If the music meets these conditions liveBPM will produce results accurate to within 0.1 BPM
- Tempo curve shows the development of tempo over time
- Multiple zoom modes to show last 2, 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20 or 30 minutes
- Advanced audio spectrum analysis via FFT
- More accessible and usually more accurate than BPM counters that function through tapping
- Relatively low battery drain thanks to high performance code and efficient algorithms
Using it as a musician:
- Use it as an objective tempo reference like a metronome
- It actually has several advantages over a metronome:
-- You are not tied to a click, giving you more flexibility
-- Helps you use tempo changes to enhance your musical expression
-- With blind tests, it can massively improve your timing confidence, which is especially important if you are in a tempo leading role (e.g. drummer)
- Discover how/whether your favorite artists use tempo changes
- Measure and improve your time-keeping skills
- Identify slowdowns and speedups while practicing your instrument
- Always be in control of the tempo during your live gigs and rehearsals
- Power Button: For freezing the tempo curve and minimizing battery drain
- Clear Button: Clears the tempo curve
- Slider: Adjusts the target tempo range (i.e. 80-160 BPM)
- Zoom Buttons: Switch between zoom modes for the tempo curve. (2-30 minutes)
Note: You can check and improve the detection by clapping loud to the beat. Also, results can be improved by plugging in a suitable external microphone