impcat (short for Interactive Miniature Painting Catalogue) is a simulator for photorealistic painting results on gaming and tabletop miniatures.
This tool gives you a variety of miniature images that you can select and then paint with colours you own or perhaps wish to purchase. It works with predefined colour palettes, using names and values as promoted by their manufacturers.
To achieve a high quality result the system simulates a four step painting process:
Base colouring, layering, shading and highlighting.
Features (BETA 0.1):
- A list of 6 miniatures, provided by Artel "W" with up to nearly 30 individually paintable sections, which will be expanded with the upcoming updates.
- A list of colour palettes, containing Vallejo Model Color, Vallejo Game Color and Vallejo Model Spray Paint (308 colours in total), which will also be expanded with the upcoming updates.
- An complement recommendation mode that lets you select a base colour and then automatically applies harmonizing layer, shade and highlight paints, which you can then customize at will.
- A photorealistic simulation of the applied paints.
- A shopping list generator that collects the data of all applied colours and gives you the links to the corresponding shop pages.
WANT TO SEE YOUR PRODUCTS INSIDE THIS APP?
Since we want to constantly expand this catalogue with further products on the market, we'd like to encourage you to contact us in case you're interested in participating in this project.
To help impcat grow into humongous proportions simply visit www.design-bench.com/impcat for more information.