Number Scanner runs entirely on your Android device - unlike almost all other Android OCR (optical character recognition) software, it does NOT require a network connection to a server and does not waste your money or bandwidth, nor does it share or upload your numbers with any service or organisation.
Use Number Scanner to take the hassle out of numbers by scanning them with a single finger tap - use it on business cards, directories, contact details in leaflets or adverts, or anything that has the number you want without the need to type. It also works on other kinds of number you may need to note down quickly, such as product codes, serial numbers, zip codes, and so on.
(1) Hold your Android device over the text with the number you want to scan. Position it such that the number (and nothing else) appears in Number Scanner's focussing window. If necessary, you can change the size of the focussing window by moving the boxes in its corners.
(2) Make sure the number is in focus. If your device doesn't have auto-focus and you are trying to scan a number with small print when holding the camera close, you may need to change the camera settings to "macro" mode. Scanning also works much better when there is good lighting.
(3) Tap the camera icon to take a picture of the number. Number Scanner will analyse the image you took and recognise and display the number within a few seconds. You can then tap the number to add it to your contacts, make a phone call, or copy it into another application.
(4) Recognition works best on numbers written in large clear fonts with good contrast (i.e. dark numbers on light background or vice versa). If there was a problem with the recognition, then simply correct any errors or try again. Number Scanner is designed for printed numbers, although clear handwritten numbers (not joined-up) are also often recognised. Number Scanner also recognises certain symbols like the "+" used for international dial codes.
(5) To take a new image, simply press the 'back' button on your Android device.
**This App is Ad free**
**Please rate this app and leave your comments**
• Generate DTMF tones instead of dialing over the phone (Long press any meeting and press Tones).
• Tweak DTMF settings to control duration of tones and wait intervals.
• You can use DTMF tones to dial meetings over a landline phone.
• Please leave feedback through comments if DTMF works for you and settings you used.
• Create, edit, store, manage meetings and dial directly into them with one touch.
• Create custom templates to define your own dialing sequence.
• Create meeting shortcuts on your home screen.
• Turn on speaker automatically when dialing in a meeting.
• Sort meetings by name or template to group them for easy viewing.
• Integrates with contacts (including SIM).
==Built-in Templates For==
• AT&T Teleconference
• Cisco Unified MeetingPlace
• GoToWebinar (with and without Audio PIN)
• Verizon conference.
===Tips and Tricks===
• One tap on the meeting dials into the meeting.
• Long press meeting/template rows or tap on the right side to get more options.
• Don't forget to set the phone number by editing the template.
• A meeting won't dial if the IDs, passwords are not set in it or the phone number is missing in the template.
• In a template each Pause introduces a 2 second delay. (may vary on some phones)
• A template consists of a phone number and a sequence of IDs, passwords, numbers, pauses, hashes and stars in a particular sequence as defined by the meeting format.
• Long press keys during template creation/editing to know what each key does.
• You cannot delete a template that is being used by a meeting.
• Long press on the home screen to create shortcuts to frequently dialed meetings.
• A shortcut won't work if the original meeting has been deleted in the app.
• Configure the app's behavior through the Settings menu.
• Move app to SD card if you need more space.
• If you are unable to create a template or something doesn't work, just write an email to the developer for help.
• Keep the feedback coming though not everything may be incorporated.
===Example on how to create custom templates===
Say you use an automated meeting system for all your office meetings that interacts with you as below -
1. To attend a meeting press 1.
[you press 1]
2. Enter the meeting ID number followed by #.
[you enter 12345# which is the meeting ID]
3. You have entered 12345, if this is correct enter the password followed by #.
[you enter 6666# which is the meeting password and then successfully enter the meeting]
You can easily do the same using the app as follows -
1. Create a new template from the second tab. Give it a name (say Office) and choose the phone number to dial.
2. With the help of a keypad set the template string for the above call sequence as "1-Pause-Pause-ID-#-Pause-Pause-PIN-#"
3. The above sequence translates to [press 1]-[pause for some time]-[enter the ID followed by #]-[pause for some time]-[enter the password followed by #]
4. Create a new meeting using the above template and provide the meeting ID and password. For the above example these would be 12345 and 6666.
5. Dial directly into your meetings from the app.
6. You can reuse the template to create new meetings that follow the same sequence.
7. Create new templates for other interactive voice response systems that you use.
HTC Desire HD running Android 2.3.5
HTC One X running Android 4.0.4
Please email email@example.com for support or feedback if you encounter something that doesn't work, or feel that your conference call line or code type is not properly supported. I hope to make this app as flexible as possible by continually updating it as new conference call and bridge formats are found.
** Quick dialing into conference call lines without having to remember long phone numbers or entry codes
** Import conference call bridge information already saved as a contact
** Import conference call bridge information from recurring and future calendar events
** Easy sharing of conference call information through email, text message, or IM
** Ability to export any conference call information from the app to a new contact for data portability
** Flexible options to use custom dialers (such as Hangouts) and set the pause length between dial-in codes
** Easy to use interface without clutter or ads
Explanation of the required permissions:
CALL_PHONE - To automatically place the call once dial-in options are selected
READ_CALENDAR - To pull in future and recurring calendar events to use for importing conference call information
"Great app...I used to use Dial Meeting app but the developer abandoned it, so I was looking for an alternative and found your app. I'd happily pay for it" - Steve
"I was using MobileDay – which is great – but they recently turned it into a pay service with a $9.99 annual subscription. I was looking for an alternative app that offered the same one-touch connectivity without pre-configuring anything…and I found your app. It works like a charm, hasn’t failed me once thus far. Excellent work guys!" - Jared
Over 10,000 conference calls made easy using MeetingMogul!
Used by companies like T-mobile, AT&T, Deutsche Bank, VMWare, Xerox, HomeDepot, Belkin, Sainsburys, Sapient, Accenture and UPS!
With MeetingMogul (formerly Conferencia) you won’t ever have to remember or enter phone numbers and audio pins to dial into conference calls. No more fumbling with your smartphone on the go!
MeetingMogul parses your smartphone calendar and shows you all your conference calls and meetings in a convenient agenda view. Simply touching the call icon or acting on the reminder will dial you right into your conference call, without having to look up, remember, or dial any numbers. MeetingMogul also allows you to easily call, text or email attendees without having to look up their information in your contacts and to use calling cards to automatically dial international numbers.
Combining the most useful features from smart calendar apps such as Tempo, Sunrise, Cal, Agenday and MobileDay, MeetingMogul is the ultimate one touch conference calling app for your Android smartphone
* Automatically pulls all Android calendar events
* Salesforce and NetSuite calendar integration
* Recognizes all conference calls in the calendar
* One touch dialing into conference calls
* Easy to use view of your day's agenda
* Notify meeting & conference call participants with a single tap, via email or SMS (using predefined messages) if you’re running late
* Save frequently used conference bridges for easy dialing and creating new conference meetings quickly
* Dial contacts and conference bridges using calling cards to save cost while traveling
* Quick access widget to view meetings for the day and dial in to conference calls directly from the homescreen
Single tap to dial.
The widget displays a list of your most frequently called contacts that you can dial directly from your home screen.
It is a zero-configuration widget, after installing, you will have to add the widget to your home screen and the list of contacts is automatically populated.
Available in 4x1 cells - displays 4 contacts or 4x2 - displays 8 contacts.
- fixed: don't add contacts that were never dialed
- fixed: handling contacts with multiple phone numbers