Mario de Miranda Quintana foi um poeta, tradutor e jornalista. É considerado um dos maiores poetas brasileiros do século 20.
Mario de Miranda Quintana nasceu prematuramente na noite de 30 de julho de 1906, na cidade de Alegrete, situada na fronteira oeste do Rio Grande do Sul. Seus pais, o farmacêutico Celso de Oliveira Quintana e Virgínia de Miranda Quintana, ensinaram ao poeta aquilo que seria uma de suas maiores formas de expressão - a escrita. Coincidentemente, isso ocorreu pelas páginas do jornal Correio do Povo, onde, no futuro, trabalharia por muitos anos de sua vida.
O poeta também inicia na infância o aprendizado da língua francesa, idioma muito usado em sua casa. Em 1915 ainda estuda em Alegrete e conclui o curso primário, na escola do português Antônio Cabral Beirão. Aos 13 anos, em 1919, vai estudar em regime de internato no Colégio Militar de Porto Alegre. É quando começa a traçar suas primeiras linhas e publica seus primeiros trabalhos na revista Hyloea, da Sociedade Cívica e Literária dos Alunos do Colégio Militar.
Cinco anos depois sai da escola e vai trabalhar como caixeiro (atendente) na Livraria do Globo, contrariando seu pai, que queria o filho doutor. Mas Mario permanece por lá nos três meses seguintes. Aos 17 anos publica um soneto em jornal de Alegrete, com o pseudônimo JB. O poema era tão bom que seu Celso queria contar que era pai do poeta. Mas quem era JB? Mario, então, não perde a chance de lembrar ao pai que ele não gostava de poesia e se diverte com isso.
Em 1925 retorna a Alegrete e passa a trabalhar na farmácia de propriedade de seu pai. Nos dois anos seguintes a tristeza marca a vida do jovem Mario: a perda dos pais. Primeiro sua mãe, em 1926, e no ano seguinte, seu pai. Mas a alegria também não estava ausente e se mostra na premiação do concurso de contos do jornal Diário de Notícias de Porto Alegre com A Sétima Passagem e na publicação de um de seus poemas na revista carioca Para Todos, de Alvaro Moreyra.
Corre o ano de 1929 e Mario já está com 23 anos quando vai para a redação do jornal O Estado do Rio Grande traduzir telegramas e redigir uma seção chamada O Jornal dos Jornais. O veículo era comandado por Raul Pilla, mais tarde considerado por Quintana como seu melhor patrão.
Use Paprika Cloud Sync to wirelessly sync between your devices and take your recipes with you everywhere you go! (Please note: each version of Paprika is sold separately for each device, but Paprika Cloud Sync is a free service.)
• Enter in your own custom recipes.
• Built-in web browser lets you search for your favorite recipes online.
• Easily clip recipes with a single tap from more than 200 different recipe sites.
• Innovative clipboard tools let you copy and paste recipe information from any website.
• Quickly scale recipe ingredients to your desired serving size.
• Add personalized notes to each recipe.
• Track nutritional information (automatically saved from sites which provide it).
• Easily manage your grocery list: add recipes with a single click, as well as your own items.
• Powerful grocery list automatically consolidates your ingredients and categorizes them by aisle.
• No-hassle meal planning: add specific recipes or custom entries into the weekly meal planner.
• Customizable categories: assign recipes to multiple categories.
• Lock the screen to prevent it from turning off while cooking.
• Powerful search tools help you easily find any recipe by source, ingredient or name.
• Full email support for recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans.
• Share recipes via email (that other Paprika users can automatically import).
• Backup and restore keeps your recipe collection safe.
• Import existing recipes from popular desktop apps.
• Offline access. All of your data is stored locally, no internet connection is required.
• Free cloud sync. Sync your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans with all other versions of Paprika.
• Bookmarklet. Capture recipes from your web browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.
Because your time is precious, we simplifying your life, with the pleasure of taste.
The most exclusive cooking calculator, with all the tools you need. For those with a taste for quality.
-Featured in the April 2014 in store magazine of Picard Surgelés, specialising in gourmet frozen foods. France's largest frozen food chain store.
-Student Life magazine "Top Banana" award for essential apps.
-Featured on Channel 5's Cooking with Confidence series.
* easy fast converter
One touch conversion, for the chef in a hurry, one click instant cook book conversion.
* volume and weight multi view
Conversion results across multiple weight and volume measurements at the same time.
* Universal Unit Converter. 120 weight and volume measurements.
Convert any recipe into the measurement of your choice. Select the original unit of measure. Then the new unit to convert into. Convert weight, or volume. Is the recipe for more? Or less servings than you require? You can scale the result. Change the original serving size, and your desired serving size up or down. The universal calculator, will calculate the result for you.
* substance density calculation
Density calculator converts between weight and volume depending on the density of the substance.
* oven temperature calculator
Covert multiple measurements across Gas Mark, Fahrenheit and Celsius.
* meat cooking guide
Meat recipes made simple, your one stop guide for those in a hurry.
* meat chef master
With our instruction tool, you get perfect meat, served at the table, on time.
Pick the meat to be cooked. The weight. The serving time. And the calculator does the rest. Telling you what to do, at every time interval, every step from start to serving. On time to the table. Nothing can go wrong. Cooking meat, to, perfection.
* vegetable cooking guide,
Make your selection from the fully extensive vegetable list and our interactive program displays every cooking option and guide for your vegetable meals.
… And the list just keeps growing, this in the only cooking course of action you need to take.
Numerology can help you in understanding yourself on deeper level so you can see clearly who you really are and what are your strengths, talents or weaknesses.
Calculate Relationship compatibility, Life Path, Expression, Personality, Karmic Lesson, Birth Day and Hearth's Desire numbers and find out more about yourself for free.
No adds, no banners, just pure information for you to learn, explore and evolve.
Included are top 10 best rated (in popular cookbooks, by magazines and top chefs) recipes for:
- Egg, Rice
Let this free app be your simple and portable cookbook with great ideas for preparing quick and easy meals.
Highlights of our app:
Ø General Cooking Tips - This section has spicy tips on how to make your cooking totally yummy.
Ø Sauces and Seasonings - Ensure that your food is more nutritious! Make your gravies thicker and more nutritious! Eat fit to be fit.
Ø Meat and Poultry - Best cooking instructions and ideas when meat & poultry are two ingredients in shopping list.
Ø Barbecuing - Learn how to barbecue food at various cooking temperatures with unit convertors and cooking tips to serve delicious outdoors.
Ø Fruits and Vegetables - Help on tips to cook healthy fruits & veggies for vegan cooking.
Ø Pasta, Rice and Potatoes - How to get delicious budget friendly breakfast meals on the table. Also learn how to add healthy food with nutrition in Kid's Diet.
Ø Baking - How to make bread and all baking tips can be found here.
Ø Managing Leftovers - Don't let all that good food go to waste. Here are some interesting ideas for recycling food leftover from breakfast, lunch & dinner, and making it taste brand new!
We have consulted top chefs across the county for their best advice and brought to you this user guide. Its Offline & FREE to download!!
- Take your Android Tablet into the kitchen and cook your whole menu with multiple cooking timers.
- Share your favorite recipes with friends and family via Email, Facebook and Twitter.
- Create recipes on Android Phones and Tablets
- Import recipes on Pepperplate.com from your favorite sites.
- Combine recipes into menus for dinner party or holiday meal planning.
- Organize meals for the week or month by adding menus and recipes to the schedule.
- Add to your shopping list on the website, and it automatically syncs to your Android tablet or phone.
- Shopping list is automatically organized to match the order you shop in the grocery store.
- The COOK NOW feature on Android Tablets allows you to set multiple timers for all of the recipes in your menu
- Create your own unlimited categories to organize your recipe collection.
- Your collection synchronizes automatically from the website and is backed up on your device automatically without connecting to a computer.
- Take your entire recipe collection with you to the grocery store or while traveling, no Internet connection required.
** Giveaway of 26 FREE step by step cooking guides **
Some of our cool features:
• It's foolproof: every step of the cooking process is explained and demonstrated.
• It’s Relaxing: no more stress over timing with our recipe-integrated Multi-timers.
• It's a kitchen-hacker: learn dozens of professional cooking techniques, tips and tricks.
• It's Just right: find recipes for specific events from a romantic dinner to lunch for the kids.
• it will help you upgrade your own kitchen: discover the best kitchen gadget and utensils that money can buy
• it’s mouth-watering: hamburger, pizza, fish and chips, pancakes and eggs benedict like you’ve never seen before
What others say about Look & Cook:
• "The app is beautifully formatted and the pictures make your mouth water. It's interactive and easy to use. For the gourmet home chef and professional alike! thank you for the vegan recipes!"
• "This is the best designed food app I never expected to see. The videos are clear and well shot, better than any show or school for up close techniques and processes. The recipes are broken down in beautifully visual manner and make it clear for the tenuous home chefs and for the tyrants in the kitchen. Such a pleasure to go through these recipes for an inspired meal!"
• “The recipes are amazing, but the shopping experience is the real treat! The best collection of kitchen gizmos i had ever seen.”
• "The app has a beautiful and well thought design. It has a variety of recipes for every occasion. Highly recommended"
• “Loved the food choices and the pictures brought them all to life, and the stunning shopping area!”
From the press:
• "Look&Cook is hands down the most beautiful cooking app I’ve ever seen for the iPad." (techpublic)
• "Just look and cook with this mesmerizing digital cookbook. It includes a total of 51 master chef recipes, including seven vegan dishes. Each one includes a single beautiful photo that allows you to see exactly what the dish is about." (AppAdvice.com)
Within Look & Cook you can find delicious recipes by chef Meir Adoni. A unique blend of high cuisine and street-food, authentic Mediterranean and Middle Eastern dishes with a variety of global influences. Some of the recipe: crispy pizza, Chicken Satay with peanut butter and curry marinade, delicious Pasta salad with chicken and bacon, ceasar salad with grilled chicken, salad nicoise, ribeye steak with eggs and creamed spinach, gnocchi with roasted tomatoes and artichoke, chocolate truffles, eggs benedict, pancakes with raspberry jam, french toast with caramelized bananas, crepes suzette, shakshuka, buffalo wings, pizza with bacon and cherry tomatoes, fish and chips, Quick & Easy hamburger with onion rings, chocolate chip cookies, grilled lobster with herb-butter, barbecue spareribs with baked sweet potatoes, delicious ravioli with portobello mushroom, vanilla creme brulee, beet salad, salmon tempura, black cod with miso sauce, black pasta with shrimps , calamari and white wine and more!
And - a Special chapter, healthy and tasty - “Vegan Pleasures”: with roasted butternut squash, baby carrots and black quinoa, Haricots verts, peas and fava bean with thai vinaigrette, tomato bruschetta, red pepper and eggplant, smoked eggplant with onion and freekeh, middle eastern dumpling, sour beet soup and more!
In the culinary category there are also two basic classes of people as I see it: the Bakers and the Cooks. Baking is a very precise science. Flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, soda, milk, buttermilk, flavorings, shortening, oil, butter or other ingredients are used in a variety of ways in baked goods recipes, but they interact with each other in very specific ways. Measurements have to be precise or it's disasterville in the kitchen.
Commercial bakers even weigh their ingredients to assure they're using just the right amount. Cookbooks have recipes that are tested and re-tested until the directions shown, if followed, will result in a tasty dish. There is very little room for personal variations unless the baker has a great deal of experience. When we see a famous chef on TV appearing to simply mix in this and that in a somewhat carefree manner, it's just because he or she has put in a great deal of time learning basic measurements and techniques that yield that mouth-watering masterpiece.
When you're looking for something quick, easy, and yummy to prepare as a breakfast treat you can never go wrong with a quick bread. A quick bread doesn't require yeast. Instead it uses other leaveners such as baking...
While various baking powders were sold in the first half of the 19th century, our modern variants were discovered by Alfred Bird in 184August Oetker, a German pharmacist, made baking powder very popular when he began selling his mixture to housewives. The recipe he created in 1891 is still sold as Backin in Germany. Oetker started the mass production of baking powder in 1898 and patented his technique in 1903.
It takes a lot of stuff to bake. There are all of the ingredients that make up the dishes. There are also all of the pots and pans and bowls that are necessary for different stages of baking. Lastly, there are the mixers and food processors and other technology that are either necessary or extremely helpful.
For those who aren’t sure what is needed, websites such as the one for the Food Network as well as other sites can tell you all the essential items. And finding baking supplies has never been easier. Many areas have large kitchen stores that stock all kinds of equipment and accessories. For everything else, websites like amazon.com and a few others will help you fill in the gaps. Even the local supermarket often has a lot of the baking supplies that are commonly used. Once you get all of the supplies, the baking can commence.
- Culinary Dictionary - for use in your Kitchen.
- Cooking Converter - with great user-friendly interface.
- Learn the fundamentals of the culinary arts, including knife skills, basic cooking methods, making sauces and emulsions, and the essentials of food safety.
With shopping lists and timers the app has been developed with you and cooking at its heart.
What's more, we'll keep you updated with new recipes for each new season, so you've always got
something new to try.
- Search & browse our latest recipe collections
- Clear step-by-step cooking instructions
- In-built timers to help you keep on top of cooking times
- Personalised shopping list
These hand picked recipes are time tested and sure to please a hungry crowd. Be sure and try these well known dishes and impress your guests! Todays upscale restaurants often try to mimic southern cooking but they always seem to miss the mark. Get the secret formula for these legendary recipes:
Southern Fried Chicken
Italian Spinach Casserole
Never before have these secret recipes been unleashed on the public! Our southern cookbook recipes have been proven over generations and across multiple families, all located in the south. This is authentic southern cooking at its best! Of course, this recipe app is FREE and can be used as a quick reference even when rushing in the kitchen. However, we recommend taking your sweet time with these. Remember to always use fresh ingredients and pay close attention. Let the flavors seep into the taste buds.
Although many of these are full flavor, we have added some healthy recipes as well. Search for your favorite southern dish and favorite the top performers. You'll have the worlds top southern cookbook recipes at your fingertips. DIG IN!
*Beautiful layout with images of the dish
*Simple instructions for bringing out full flavor
*Personal stories and food tales from Chef Nell
*Easy to use southern cooking interface