Attention: DEVICE MUST BE ROOTED FOR THIS APPLICATION
With FasterGPS you can select a NTP Server matching your region to speed up the process of getting a GPS fix.
This is an open source alternative to FasterFix!
• Read/Write access on system-Partition
Source code/Bug reports/Translations
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
• Root access: To write gps.conf file to system partition
• Internet access: To allow donations
GPS Status - Raw GPS data: Number of Satellites, Location, Altitude, Accuracy and Speed.
GPS Fix - Reset your GPS state and download assistance data if your GPS is not working.
Magnet - Get magnetic field strength readings from your magnetometer. You can use this to calibrate your compass. Wave your phone in a figure 8 pattern and if the two values match, your magnetometer is calibrated.
You need a clear view of the sky to get a GPS signal, ideally outside or at least near a window.
To calibrate your compass, please stand clear of metal objects or electronics.
Tap on the values to change units. Speed: m/s, km/h, mph, knots. Length: m, ft. Location: degrees, minutes, seconds.
Some Motorola phones can't get a GPS fix if the device is set to Airplane mode.
Thanks for downloading!
If you like this app, please like GPS Test on Facebook: -
GPS Test has five screens full of information: -
1) GPS signal (SNR) bar chart, showing the signal strength for each satellite, as well as the accuracy and status of the GPS.
2) Satellite positions in the sky (skyview), shown on a rotating compass.
3) Your current location on the earth shown as text and on a world map. The current position of the sun and the day/night transition curve is also shown.
4) Your current speed, heading and altitude shown as text.
5) The current time read from the GPS and the local time in your current timezone, as well as the sunrise and sunset times at your location.
Coordinate Grids supported by GPS Test:-
OSGB, UTM, MGRS, USNG, CH1903, Maidenhead.
Datums supported by GPS Test:-
WGS84, NAD83, NAD27, ED50, AGD66, AGD84, SAD69
If you like this app please look at ***GPS TEST PLUS***.
* Simple Navigation.
* Location Sharing (email, sms, twitter etc)
* Dials (Altimeter, Speedo and Compass)
* 7 segment LED font
* Dot Matrix font
* HUD mode
Works on Honeycomb O/S and large screen tablets.
GPS Test blog - http://gpstestapp.blogspot.com/
INTERNET permissions are only required for analytics and app wall in the AppBrain library. The app will work fine without a WiFi or data conection.
If you have a mobile device with a MT6577/MT6589(T)/MT6592 chipset, you probably noticed the GPS functionality is pretty bad. Most notably, it can be quite difficult to get a 'fix'. This can be resolved by saving recent EPO files, which are used for Assisted GPS. These EPO files can be downloaded manually (which takes some time), or you could just use MT GPS!
This application retrieves the latest EPO files and saves them to the right location. The files should be updated daily to make sure you can always get a GPS fix quickly. The usage is pretty straightforward, but here is a set of instructions:
- Make sure your phone is rooted
- Run MT GPS
- Download the EPO files
- Go to Location in Settings and enable everything
- Turn on your Wi-Fi
- Start the app requiring GPS!
This should be sufficient to get GPS working on most of the devices with a MT chipset. However, if it still is not working after following the steps above, try this:
- Update EPO files as stated above and make sure Wi-Fi is turned on
- Go to Location in Settings and enable everything
- Download MobileUncle from the store
- Run MobileUncle
- Choose 'Engineer Mode'
- Choose 'Engineer Mode (MTK)'
- Go to the tab 'Location', and choose 'YGPS'
- Go to the tab 'Information', and choose 'hot', then 'full', then 'AGPS RESTART'
- Start the app requiring GPS!
If it still is not working, chances are you have a mobile phone with a faulty GPS chip. Some phones have poor antennae, which means you can't fix the GPS issues with an application. This application has been tested on a variety of phones with various MT chipsets, but we can't test all the phones available on the market. Thank you for your understanding.
To get a GPS fix first you need to be outdoors and have your location settings enabled.
With this app you can:
- Fix your GPS so it will start working normal again.
- Get current coordinates and location such as : latitude, longitude, altitude.
- See the GPS satellites radar.
- Test your GPS signal strength to see if it is getting a good signal and accurate location.
Simple, free and ads free way to make your device GPS sensor active all the time!
What does it do?
- starts a background service which keeps your GPS sensor active all the time
- with simple settings you can choose three modes: fast, normal & slow
- can use wake lock (not allow device to go to sleep when screen is off)
- can be started on boot
- can show notification icon in you status bar when running
- 100% ads free or any other commercial activity
Why use it?
- reduce GPS cold start time
- no need to wait for GPS when you start application which need GPS (navigation, sports trackers, etc.)
- get better GPS fix in applications which use GPS sensor
- more precise tracking and navigating
- good for developers who use passive way to GPS sensor
Application can run on all Android devices with built-in, BT or USB GPS sensor.
Application can use a lot of device battery, use it with care and check/set settings to your needs.
Please DONATE if you find this application useful.
Avoid the device to loss the GPS signal, and spend many seconds waiting for a new GPS lock.
This app will only require your GPS to turn on, and will leave it on until you request it to unlock the GPS.
Presentation of all GPS data from device
Position, satellites, gps signal strength
Gps diagnose and gps testing
Splendid user interface: 2 color themes
With GPS Data you can check signal quality, test gps module, check your position/location, satellites count, signal quality, fix time and much more!
The nicest GPS test, status and diagnose app! If your gps navigation works horrible use this app to gps test, diagnose and fix your problem!
Four different tabs are at your service to test and see your GPS data:
1) Sky tab + signal view – sky map view presents position of satellites connected with device on the sky. Each small circle represents one satellite with color adequate to signal strength and its status. Sky map circle is rotated depending on device compass. Signal strength view presents strength chart of satellites connected with device. Each bar represents one satellite, height of the bar is proportional to received signal strength.
2) Signal tab – list of all satellites connected with device. Each row represents one satellite. With this list you get all details about satellite prn number, info about satellite fix, signal strength and type: GPS/GLONASS. Elevation and altitude is available in landscape mode.
3) Info tab – on this tab all most important data are available, which is:
a.Position info – latitude, longitude, altitude
b.Signal info – accuracy, satellites fixed, first fix time (fft)
c.Movement info – speed, bearing
4) World tab – world map view presents position of the device, it also shows global sun position and day-light/night-dark area. There is local and UTC date time from GPS, also time of the sunrise and sunset are available.
Application offers different measurement units:
a)Speed: Metric – kmph, Imperial – mph, Nautical - knots
b)Distance: Metric – meters, Imperial - feet
GPS test and diagnose of your device. Management of A-GPS Xtra Data available:
a) Delete A-GPS Xtra Data
b) Download new A-GPS Xtra Data
★ GPS and GLONASS satellite types are available!
★ Satellite sky view
★ Signal strength and signal quality
★ Detailed gps informations
★ Position: latitude, longitude, altitude
★ Gps fix time, accuracy, speed and bearing
★ Sunset, sunrise, day-night map view
★ Two splendid color themes
★ and more....!
Root required for this application!
The fastest, most trusted, and #1 BusyBox installer and uninstaller!
Over 10 million installs and over 50,000 5 Star ratings!
Supports arm and intel based devices, mips support coming soon (I need a mips device)
Mentioned in the new XDA-Developers book "XDA Developers' Android Hacker's Toolkit: The Complete Guide to Rooting, ROMs and Theming"
Winner of best Utility Software award for Android via Handster.
This is the only installer that is ad free and requires no internet permission!
The only installer that will install ANY Busybox binary available for Android...you find it on the web and this will install it!
Pro version contains no ads or nag screens, uninstall feature, Advance Smart install feature, the ability to hand pick the applets you want, safety check for missing applets on start, and better overall support. The pro version will receive more frequent updates than the free version will.
The source for this application can be found here: https://code.google.com/p/busybox-android/
Featured on the BusyBox website at: http://busybox.net/products.html
The BusyBox source code can be found here: http://git.busybox.net/busybox/
A must have for any rooted phone! Almost EVERY rooted applications needs BusyBox to perform their magic, if you have a rooted phone then you need BusyBox.
Please note I did not write BusyBox! I wrote this installer and cross compiled BusyBox for Android. Please see the about menu option for more details or here: www.BusyBox.net
BusyBox is a software application that provides many standard Unix tools, much like the larger (but more capable) GNU Core Utilities. BusyBox is designed to be a small executable for use with the Linux kernel, which makes it ideal for use with embedded devices. It has been self-dubbed "The Swiss Army Knife of Embedded Linux".
Leave this installed if you always want to get the latest version of busybox!
---- Try now GPS Aids - DONATE ----
Google Plus > http://gplus.canaryx.net/
|- GPS Aids
|-- Basic Mode
| |- Download GPS Aiding Data
|-- Advanced Mode
| |- Download XTRA
| |- Download LTO [ROOT] (Samsung Galaxy S)
| |- Inject NTP Time
| |- Reset XTRA
| |- Reset LTO [ROOT] (Samsung Galaxy S)
|-- NTP Server Change [ROOT]
|-- Advanced XTRA Reset [DONATE]
|- Reset All Data
|- Reset Ephemeris Data
|- Reset Almanac Data
|- Reset Position Data
|- Reset Time Data
|- Reset Ionospheric Data
|- Reset UTC Data
|- Reset Healt Data
|- Reset SVDIR Data
|- Reset SVSTEER Data
|- Reset SA Data
|- Reset RTI Data
|- Reset CellDB Data
|- GPS Status
|- GPS Time Sync [DONATE]
|- Compass [DONATE]
|- Position of satellites
|- Information fields [DONATE]
|- Time To First Fix
|- Time Since First Fix
|- Satellites in view/use
|- GPS Time
|- Device time
|- GPS Doctor [ROOT] [DONATE]
|- Recommended GPS settings (Samsung Galaxy S)
|- Set recommended GPS settings (Samsung Galaxy S)
|- Network Time Protocol Server Addon
|- XTRA Server and Backups Addon
|- Intermediate Position Report Addon
|- SUPL Support Addon
|- C2K PDE Support Addon
|- WiFi Positioning Addon
|- User / Control Plane Addon
|- External Low Noise Amplifier Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Reference Clock Frequency Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- UART Baud Rate Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Frequency Aiding Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Sensor Aiding Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Set IMSI / MSISDN Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Debug Mode Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- SSL Enable Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
| |- Certificate Version Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Control Priority Response Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Control Plane Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Run on ATT Network Operator Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Use Embedded Memory Controller Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Mount RO/RW [ROOT] [DONATE]
|- Reboot [ROOT] [DONATE]
|- Reboot into Recovery Mode [ROOT] [DONATE]
|- Reboot into Download Mode [ROOT] [DONATE]
|- EFS Backup [ROOT] [DONATE]
|- Show IMEI number
|- Show PDA, PHONE and CSC versions (Samsung Galaxy S)
|- GPS Test (Samsung Galaxy S)
|- Testing Mode (Samsung Galaxy S)
|- Stats and Information
|- Hard reset (Samsung Galaxy S)
|- Factory data reset (Samsung Galaxy S)
|- Screen Fixer (*) [DEMO]
|- GPS Aids Service [DONATE]
|- Download on reboot GPS Aiding Data
|- Download every "X" days GPS Aiding Data
|- Show success/error notifications
Current translated languages: English, Bulgarian, Romanian, French, Spanish (Spain).
|- Devices tested
|- Samsung Galaxy S
|- Samsgun Galaxy TAB
|- Samsung Galaxy S2 [DONATE]
|- HTC Nexus ONE
|- HTC Legend
(*) Screen fixer is under development. It is intended for attenuate the Burn-In Effect in AMOLED screens. This tool may cause seizures! So if you epileptic please don't execute this tool.
(**) All other devices compatible with XTRA will work.. but you will not have a download confirmation.
Busybox is needed by several root apps and is a powerful utility. Learn more about busybox at http://busybox.net/
BusyBox combines tiny versions of many common UNIX utilities into a single small executable. It provides replacements for most of the utilities you usually find in GNU fileutils, shellutils, etc. The utilities in BusyBox generally have fewer options than their full-featured GNU cousins; however, the options that are included provide the expected functionality and behave very much like their GNU counterparts. BusyBox provides a fairly complete environment for any small or embedded system.
BusyBox has been written with size-optimization and limited resources in mind. It is also extremely modular so you can easily include or exclude commands (or features) at compile time. This makes it easy to customize your embedded systems. To create a working system, just add some device nodes in /dev, a few configuration files in /etc, and a Linux kernel.
BusyBox is maintained by Denys Vlasenko, and licensed under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE version 2.
New improvement will be available soon.
IMPORTANT: go outdoors to detect the GPS satellites!
Functionalities: GPS Glonass QZSS BeiDou Satellite Compass GoogleMaps OSM OSMDroid OpenStreetMap Bing BingMap Yandex Map Test AGPS A-GPS UTM MGRS Maidenhead WGS84 Xtra data Datum GPS/KM VMG (Velocity Made Good)
GPS Doctor works by clearing stale cached values that can mislead your GPS chip as it searches for your location, then injecting the correct values into the chip using data downloaded from NTP and XTRA servers.
The "Quick Fix" option is available to automatically diagnose and correct many common GPS issues. Manual fix options are also available, including: forcing XTRA injection, forcing time injection, and clearing aiding data (all, almanac, ephemeris, time, position, UTC, ionospheric, health, SV Dir, SV Steer, SA, RTI, and CellDBInfo).
This app has been tested an verified to work on the Galaxy S line of phones as well as many HTC and Motorola devices. It is generic enough that it should work on EVERY available phone now. GPS Doctor is constantly improving, so please provide feedback if you use this app on another device.