This app runs in the background and monitors the official National Weather Service (NWS) alerts for your area. New alerts will appear on the status bar, and by selecting it, you can read the details.
You can also choose how urgent of a notification to get, based on the NWS Severity. An Extreme alert coming through? Then you'd probably like vibrate, lights AND bell for that! But a simple Wind Warning? Probably not as much. You can choose the level of response in the preferences.
Pro Weather Alert has all of the features of Simple Weather Alert, and more!
+ No ads.
+ Monitor unlimited locations, each with an intuitive name you set.
+ See the details and instructions of all alerts for all areas.
+ See where around you the alerts are using the Alert Map. No more wondering if you're driving into or out of bad weather.
+ Choose how to be notified (lights, bell, vibrate), and decide which alerts will override your phone silence settings.
+ Sort and Filter the alerts in the list, by severity or location.
+ Two alert levels (“emergency” and “urgent”) are customizable, in case you want lights, bell, and vibrate for extreme alerts, and just lights for severe alerts. All other weather alerts will give a simple notice on the action bar.
+ Individually select which NWS alerts you want to be considered "Emergency" or "Urgent"
+ Alerts keep updated automatically as long as you have connectivity
+ Find your alert location by GPS or network location, and have alerts follow your phone as you move.
+ An app widget added to your home screen allows for easy on/off toggling of lights, vibrate and sound settings. The alerts will still be checked and put on your status bar though, so you can keep an eye on it during class or church, without it causing distraction. You can also toggle the location following feature to save battery when not driving.
+ Key words and phrases list. Create a list of words or phrases, and when an alert is received that contains those words or phrases, it will be marked in the alerts list with an icon, and the phrases will be highlighted when you read the alert details.
+ Email an alert to friends or send via text message (**requires Contacts List permission**), so they can be warned as well.
+ Post your alert to our Facebook wall or Twitter feed! This is especially useful for non-weather alerts, such as Child Abduction Emergencies.
+ Change your alert polling times to maximize battery life.
+ Constant alerting annoying? You can now mute repeated alerts so those busy storm nights don't un-necessarily alert you.
NOTE: Do *NOT* use RAM or memory clearing apps. It will disable this app and you will not receive alerts.
You can view the app manual here or in the app:
An explanation of permissions: The SMS and Contacts List permission are required so you can send an alert to someone via text message. The contacts list permission allows for easier selecting of the number.
IMPORTANT: While we take all possible precautions to make sure this app will get you critical alerts on time, the unforseen can still occur, as well as simple cell/network outages. Thus, we do not recommend that you ever rely on this app ALONE for tornado warnings. Please use this app along with other methods to ensure you are alerted in time.
NOTE: If you are certain the app is not sending you the alerts it should, please use Menu:Troubleshooting to send us debug info about it so we can work to resolve it quickly.
If you run into any other issues with this app or have questions, send us a note in the Menu:Troubleshooting screen. Also, visit the developers blog on our website for a list of current issues we are addressing.
Be OnGuard... Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
OnGuard Weather Alerts monitors the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) active weather alerts for advisories, watches, and warnings for your location (Within the Continental United States. Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico).
When an alert is detected for your current location or any of your static location entries, an appropriate audible, sensory (vibrate), and visual alert will be generated depending on the severity of the NOAA alert type (Advisory, Watch, or Warning).
Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
- NO Signups, NO Websites, NO text messages, and NO ads! This application runs entirely on your Android device as a background service and pulls alerts directly from the source (NOAA).
- NOAA provides advisories, watches, and warnings for: Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Wildfires, Earthquakes, Winter Weather, Extreme Temperatures, Tropical Storms, Hurricanes, Typhoons, Volcanoes, Tsunami, Wind, 911 Outages, Fog, Flooding, Civil Emergencies, Nuclear Power Plant Warnings, Law Enforcement Warnings, Local Emergencies, Child Abduction Emergencies, Avalanches, and more.
- Dynamic Location Support (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination).
- Dynamic Location feature is on/off configurable.
- Static Location Support (unlimited # of entries).
- Audible, Sensory (vibrate), and Visual alerts (Configurable).
- User customizable alert sounds.
- Insistent Alert Support (off/on configurable) for Warning level events (ie. Audible, Sensory, and Visual alerts will repeat until acknowledged).
- Filtering of Alerts by category. *NEW* (in the 06/03/2011 release).
- Configurable Notification Levels (Warnings Only, Watches & Warnings, Advisories & Watches & Warnings).
- Configurable interval for checking for alerts.
- "Check Now" Button for manual or instant checks.
- Easily stop the service by simple unchecking a box in the preferences.
- Link to context sensitive tips from FEMA detailing information about what to do before, during, and after certain events. (In the main menu - full list of events, In the alert detail menu - contect specific information).
- Link to the "Red Cross Safe & Well Check In" site (This is the site to report that you are OK after a disaster or to locate a loved one that was in a disaster).
- Radar & Weather Radio Mode currently work, we are waiting for tablet integration before release.
- Various other improvements to existing functionality.
Q: Is OnGuard hard on my battery?
A: No. The application minimizes the amount of power required by allowing the user to control whether Dynamic Location is enabled. Even with this feature enabled, the app only requests Dynamic Location updates at the same interval as your alert polling interval.
Q: How much data is used?
A: Not much at all. It varies based upon the number of active weather publications and how frequently you configure the application to check for updates. Each time the app checks for new NOAA publications a 2k (kilobyte) data packet is retrieved via the Internet for each location configured in your preferences. Using the default app settings, approximately 200k (kilobytes) per day or 6M (megabytes) per month of data is used. This is a very small amount given the allowances of most provider's data plans.
Tip: If data usage is a concern, consider disabling the background service and using the Check Now feature instead.
Q. I am getting alerts for an incorrect location.
A. If you are using "Dynamic Location", sometimes the cell network location (used when GPS is unavailable) will return an incorrect location. This is cell tower issue and is outside our control. Please obtain a GPS fix or use a static location entry.
Q. I am having an issue after updating, what should I do?
A. If you are experiencing any issues after an update, please uninstall and re-install the application.
★ "A no-nonsense approach to show weather data on your phone, but done well and great looking" - Android Central
NOAA Weather uses NOAA point forecasts from your GPS location to get the most localized weather available. Point forecasts are great for climbing, hiking, skiing, or any outdoor activity where weather from a nearby city isn't accurate enough.
GPS on the phone will provide the most accurate location, but usually isn't needed. Nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi networks can also provide this information, and will be checked first to save time and battery. You can also enter a location manually.
To provided highly localized forecasting, NOAA Weather uses point forecasts from the National Weather Service (NOAA/NWS), and is therefore only available in the US.
If there is severe weather you will see a red warning icon in the corner of the current conditions icon. You can press this icon for more details. The app currently does NOT support severe weather alerts or notifications. NOAA is providing this service directly through cell carriers. You can read more about the service at http://www.noaa.gov/features/03_protecting/wireless_emergency_alerts.html.
There are also several differently sized widgets available which can be placed on your homescreen to provide some basic weather information, without the need to open the app.
Forecast discussion is available through the menu button.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions or problems.
This is the premium version and is 100% Ad free, and has no limitations.
NOAA Weather on Facebook
Our favorite features include:
- “Expect rain to start at 3:15p”—No more guessing! If your weather conditions (snow or rain) are changing within 6 hours, we let you know not only the chance of precipitation, but also the exact time it will happen.
- Detailed weather forecasts (hourly forecasts, 36 hour forecasts, and 10 day forecasts)
- Fast, accurate, and localized maps provide you with features like past radar and future radar, severe weather bulletins for storms, and tropical cyclone tracking (this includes hurricanes).
- Easy location management, so you can edit and save your favorite places. Set up your favorites to take full advantage of our weather widgets and notifications.
- Local forecast and popular videos
- Beautiful and easy-to-use interface
But don’t just listen to us! Here’s what the experts are saying:
“We love [The Weather Channel app on Android] because we can hit all the important features, like ‘What It Feels Like’ temperature, the 10-day forecast and hourly temperature, faster than any other app. If you need the ‘expertise’ of a meteorologist, the short and sweet video forecasts will get you up to speed in no time.” ~Gizmodo’s The Best Android Apps
"Basically, forget everything you knew about The Weather Channel's app, because for all intents and purposes, this is an entirely new thing. And it's fantastic." - Android Police
"One of the other new changes aside from an awesome new user interface is the way the app will alert you of rain. Before it had a general idea, but the official Weather Channel app will now tell you the exact time it will start raining in your location. That’s neat." - Android Community
"My personal favorite is the new and improved narrative of climate descriptions. For example, the app now gives a more precise idea of what to expect from the weather in your area. Things like “dry conditions will continue,” and “expect rain until 4 pm,” show up to clue you in about local weather. You could say, it pretty much takes the guesswork out of reading weather forecasts." - Android Headlines
”Great, up to the minute weather updates right to your phone… Terrific, basic weather app backed by experts.”~Appolicious
“You can count on the fact that the data is vetted by a large team of on-staff weather professionals.”~ZeroPaid
“The Weather Channel app is necessary... With voice search, hourly forecasts, one-click access and local video highlights, this free Android app is essential…” ~Appolicious
“More intuitive, good-looking, and user friendly… Thanks to The Weather Channel, you will have comprehensive knowledge about predictions from wherever in the World.” ~AndroidZoom
Among the “Favorite Android Widgets” from Business Insider!
Gold Medal winner from Gizmodo’s best weather apps!
“The Weather Channel App for Android has been ranked as the number 1 most downloaded weather app and one of the most used apps available on the Android Market… so if you’re looking for a fully-featured weather app that delivers goodness all the time, go ahead and check it out.” ~IntoMobile
The Weather Channel greatly appreciates our customers' feedback and patience as we work on our next build. Please see our customer service page to provide feedback and for our FAQs: http://feedback.weather.com/
Check us out at weather.com and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel for the latest breaking news.
With this app, you can get the latest earthquake info immediately from all over the world.
Also, you can search the earthquakes occurred in the past.
- 14 Earthquake data sources, Covers the frequent occurrence of the earthquake area in the world.
- Earthquake data source
* [USGS] U.S.Geological Survey
* [EMSC] EU Mediterranean Earthquake Centre
* [GFZ] Ger Potsdam Earthquake Center
* [CWB] Taiwan Central Weather Bureau
* [JMA] Japan Meteorological Agency
* [INGV] Italy Geophysics Institute
* [CEIC] China Earthquake Center
* [IRSC] Iranian Seismological Center
* [TUR] Turkish Disaster and Emergency center
* [BGS] British Geological Survey
* [CHI] Chile Earthquake Center
* [CAN] Natural Resources Canada
* [AUS] Geoscience Australia
* [NZL] New Zealand Earthquake Commission
- See latest earthquakes around the World.
- Perfect real-time algorithm to achieve all of the data source unified display (non-duplication of data), data source select "ALL".
- Push alerts of earthquakes straight to your phone.
- View quakes on Google Map,Support detailed information display.
- Filter what you see (magnitude/region/depth)
- Provide historical data with earthquake in 300 km range.
- Epicentml distance (need to open GPS /support set the coordinates Manually)
- Support Historical data.
- Support collection quakes, can export the data.
- View details on source site
- earthquake, latest Quakes, magnitude,Epicentml distance, seismic, USGS, EMSC, CEIC, FGZ, JMA, CWB, INGV
Welcome to contact us feedback problem and suggestions!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter twitter.com/earthquakesApp
**USGS changed their data source breaking the list! Please upgrade to latest version!**
- Tab between map and list
- Latest quakes in the World.
- Filter what you see
- Click quake to view on map
- Map shows magnitudes
- View details on USGS site
- Alerts and Push notifications!
- Download the Alerter App to be more informed!
- Satellite Map view
- Share to social media
- Report if you felt it to USGS
- Choose what you want to load
View the last 50 earthquakes in a list and on a map.
You can see all the details of an earthquake:
- location (maps),
- distance from you,
In the "Options" menu, you can enable or disable notifications of new earthquakes.
For notifications you can:
- select the default minimum magnitude
- set the default maximum distance from your location to the epicenter of earthquakes.
Or both - it's up to you!
Data comes from European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com
This is a lightweight application. Choose whether or not and how often to run the earthquake notifier, and whether or not to use your location.
• NBC4 Storm Team’s interactive, million-watt radar at your fingertips
• Personalized maps with special layers and overlays
• Severe weather alerts, color-coded and arranged by severity
• Hourly, daily and 10-day forecasts
• Highest resolution satellite imagery available
• Pinpoint your location via GPS for precise conditions and save favorite locations
• Send weather videos and photos to NBC4 Storm Team while you’re on the go
• Weather stories and videos updated by the NBC4 Storm Team meteorologists and news team
View Map which pin points the exact location and you may zoom in to get the clear picture of specific location.
New thoughts for this app is always welcome.
Tags: Earthquake application for android, Earthquake, Earthquake locations, current earthquake , Map for earthquake, Earthquake alert,Map for android devices. Indonesia earthquake alert, Japan earthquake alert, India earthquake alert, US earthquake alert.
1. A source. Choose from one of the pre-configured sources such as CNN, Fox News, People Magazine, ESPN, Car and Driver, Engadget, and many more, or add your own source. My News Alerts can monitor any web site or blog with an RSS feed.
2. One or more keywords to watch for
3. Alert type: play a sound, vibrate, flash your phone’s notification light, and/or display an icon and message on your phone or tablet’s status bar. You choose the alert type that best fits your lifestyle.
Whenever a new story appears that contains your chosen keywords, My News Alerts will let you know. Since you may not want to keep up-to-date 24/7, you can configure My News Alerts to not bother you at night or on weekends. My News Alerts has been carefully designed to minimize impact on your phone’s battery life. It runs on Android phones, tablets, and Google TV devices.
NewsHog is the most comprehensive, feature rich, free news aggregator on Google Play. NewsHog gives you the most news on any topic or location of your choice, aggregated via Google News! NewsHog has many advanced features such as summarization, reader mode, text to speech, offline reading and translation that take the Google News experience to the next level. NewsHog is a worthy replacement for Google Currents or the News and Weather app.
NewsHog is a news reader designed for avid news readers who want the latest news on their fingertips. Whether you are sitting down comfortably to read, or on-the-go, or even sleeping, NewsHog is there for you! Designed around the concept of channels (topics) rather than individual sources, NewsHog currently has more than 100 preconfigured channels (top news, business, technology, sports, etc.,) aggregating thousands of sources via Google News.
NewsHog also includes Google News Regional Editions for many countries, custom channels for any keyword, and even local news for any state, city or zip code. NewsHog is optimized for both phones and tablets (especially 7" and 10" tablets like Nexus 7 and Nexus 10), with a list layout for phones and optional grid and tile layouts for tablets, similar to Flipboard and Google Currents.
* 100+ preset channels (tech, business, etc.), aggregated via Google News.
* Read full articles formatted beautifully for the mobile/tablet screen.
* Consume news faster with a 100 word summary of articles.
* Use Text to Speech to listen to news when you are on the go.
* Create custom channels for any keyword (eg. Olympics), or location.
* Get instant access to articles pre-downloaded to save you time.
* Articles are downloaded automatically for offline reading.
* Choose between list, grid and tile layout for 7" plus tablets.
* Choose between four color themes, including a night theme.
* Use Text to Speech Alarm to wake up to the latest news.
* Save articles for reading later within NewsHog or save to Pocket.
* Automatic country detection for Google News regional editions.
* Share to Twitter, Facebook, Google+, email, Blogger, Tumblr, etc.
* Easily change font size in article view by pinching in article view.
* Shake phone/tablet to easily pause/play Text to Speech.
* Easily translate articles via Google Translate service.
* Swipe to easily change channel or read next article.
* Filter out read articles to only see unread articles, mark liked articles.
* Find articles containing any keyword using search option.
* News widget (home and lock screen) for easy access to the latest news.
* Shake device to bypass lockscreen and access NewsHog (optional).
Coming soon: New side drawer UI, ability to add individual sources such as CNN News, BBC, USA Today, etc., Reader mode for custom channels, and more!
 Summarization is in beta and available only for a few US channels currently. It can be disabled via Preferences.
 Full articles in reader mode are not available currently for custom channels. However, website mobilization of custom channels is available.
 Region can also be selected manually from Preferences. Some channels may not have regional editions. Google News Regional editions currently available for USA, UK, India, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, Philippines, Singapore, Ireland, Israel, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain and Italy.
Note: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for bugs or other feedback instead of commenting on the Market, as we cannot contact you there to resolve your problem.
NewsHog is NOT an official app of Google News and is not affiliated with Google.
More from developer
eWeather HD is the most informative Android application about your environment: Current weather and weather forecasts from different weather providers, NOAA weather alerts, latest earthquakes, live radar, geomagnetic storm forecast, pressure change indicator, wind and moon and sun calendar, METAR.
The NOAA Doppler Radar shows tornado, rain, snow, and hail clouds movement on Google Maps around your location in real time with higher resolution images than any other app for Android ( USA only).
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) for USA,
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Send weather forecast, weather alerts, Earthquakes by e-mail
• Is an easy to use, handy assistant for staying informed about changing weather conditions,
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
eWeather HD is recommended for those who are interested in weather, astronomy, aviation, hunting, fishing, travel, own or work on a farm or ranch, a private or vacation home, or work or play in a weather-sensitive environment or industry... the list goes on and on!
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
Attention: The app is paid, but free for download and works first 24 hours for free. For further use of the app you need to buy or uninstall it. Purchase is one time. App does not have any ads.
The app is amazing for exploring weather and planning trips and recreation and allows you to easily pan and zoom so you can get unmatched detail of weather in your neighborhood or half a world away. Additional information, presented in pop-up window, includes “feels like temperature”, humidity, local time, sunset/sunrise time, wind speed, wind direction and ten-day weather forecast.
Road traffic and weather forecast on the map will help to choose route for long trip.
Animated Weather Map shows on the Google Maps:
- air temperature
- animated weather icons
- sea surface temperature
- local time in every city world wide
- road traffic
- weather alerts
- animated radar (USA only)
- animated cloud photos from satellite
- dew point
- distance to the current location or selected point
eRadar HD is part of the Animated weather map. Animated weather map is part of the eWeather HD. But Animated weather map has few features missed in eWeather HD. First: eWeather HD does not have animated icons. Second: eWeather HD shows only current conditions on the Google Maps. Animated weather map shows 10-day forecast and hourly forecast on the Google Maps. Third: eWeather HD does not have population and road traffic.
Attention: The app is paid, but free for download and works first 24 hours for free. For further use of the app you need to buy or uninstall it. Purchase is one time. App does not have any ads.
For the best price in Stockholm, we offer all our guests the following:
- FREE Access to computers with internet in lobby
- FREE WIFI access in all rooms
- FREE Access to washing machine/drier
- FREE Tea and coffee
- FREE Access to hairdryer
- FREE Luggage storage room
24 Hour security cameras observation
Bed Linen and Towel only for 40SEK/person.
Even with these great offers we manage to stay the cheapest because;
There is NO 24/7 staff
No kitchen (only refrigerator, microwave and water-cooker)
No common room
ACCO Hostel Stockholm opened in 2009 and has since been offering its modern and stylish facilities cheap and at great location, just a one minute walk away from the metro station Zinkensdamm which is about six minutes by subway from the Central Station (T-Centralen), and not far away from the most popular historical place in Stockholm- Gamla Stan (Old Town).
Our Hostel has a great reputation for quiet, comfortable and clean rooms with all needed facilities. We like simplicity, easiness and security.
The area Södermalm where the hostel is located is well known for all its trendiest bars, restaurants, theaters, galleries and lively atmosphere.
There are many cafes, bars and restaurants close to the hostel. McDonald's is on the same street. Although we do not have a kitchen, guests can use a refrigerator and microwave but no cooking. We do not have a common room. Bunk beds. Shower and WC in the hallway.