This is the first app in the world with radar, hurricane tracking, earthquakes and alerts widgets.
For those who want to know everything about the weather conditions and alerts both for today and the next 10 days, the past 365 days, hurricanes, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, geomagnetic storms.
App has twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, earthquakes, alerts, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, UV index, rain and snow amount etc.
Annual archives of air temperature and sea for any city in the world allows you to choose the good time and place for the travel. You can compare the weather in the current year with the weather in the last year. Also you can always have your own opinion about the statements that has never was so cold, hot, wet, dry.
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Hurricane tracking,
• 365 days weathre archive,
• Solstice, Equinox, Polar night, Polar day, Solar eclipse, Lunar eclipse
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Beautiful animation,
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration);
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Visibility on the roads,
• Dew point hour by hour graph;
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Share forecast, alerts, earthquakes by e-mail and SMS
• Alarm clock time on clock dial and graph
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive.
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
If you have ANY questions, there is an FAQ section that takes you directly to the website. If your question is specific to your customized set up, customer service is courteous, knowledgeable, willing and able to help with fast turn around time.
Using the same format that has generated hundreds of 5-star ratings for Canada Weather, Canada Marine takes Environment Canada’s excellent collection of marine forecasts and data and puts them in an easy-to-read format. Browse marine zones by map, use your GPS location to find marine zones near you, link directly to Environment Canada radar, maps, and other resources, and more. From a developer you know using forecasts you trust, look no further than Canada Marine. As far as I can tell, it's the only Canadian Marine forecast app on the market.
Notification Weather Premium is specifically designed to be as simple and intuitive as possible. In fact, Notification Weather requires 0 clicks to operate as it runs entirely in the background, thus minimizing impact on battery life or data usage.
The forecast is placed directly in the notification dropdown and blends seamlessly with the operating system, leading you, the user, to believe it is part of the system.
Notification Weather Premium is using Weather data from some of the best weather sources available including: Forecast.IO, Open Weather Map, Yahoo! weather, and World Weather Online.
Support for other languages coming soon. Please send us an email if you would like to help
If you would like to make your own themes, go to https://github.com/Orbar/NW_Themes
Android Central's Apps of the Week
Xda-developers front page
Network Communication: for internet access
Your Location: for GPS and network location
System Tools: to run at startup
Access to USB storage: to store the log file
The application is in beta, so please send any issues to email@example.com
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay for 3GS models
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Earthquake plotting - tap on an earthquake to display its detail
Weather data is taken from Norwegian Meteorological Institute and NOAA National Weather Service. Data will be most accurate for Europe and the US.
Please check out the introduction by either opening the app from the market, or by using the menu key while on the Aix configuration screen. If you have any issues with the widget, please email me so I can help you.
This widget is designed to work in a portrait 4x1 format.
Install WeatherBomb to see the awesome animations for yourself!!
WeatherBomb is great for outdoor activities such as photography, hiking, biking, surfing, sailing, etc…, for your weather curiosities, or for your everyday general use.
New York Times - "it’s eye-catching and fun"
Business Insider - "Weather Bomb is an extremely detailed weather app".
This is not a "me too" weather app. WeatherBomb is different. WeatherBomb thinks outside the box.
★ Awesome weather map with smooth control.
★ Graphs to see a whole week of weather at a glance.
★ 7-days of weather forecast data!
★ Precipitation, Cloud, Wind, Temperature, Pressure and Wave Height.
★ Track the weather conditions anywhere in the world.
★ Two data sources: NWS/NOAA and Environment Canada data.
★ Intuitive and elegant user interface.
★ No ads with in-app purchases.
User Comments (ranked by “!”):
- "Great!!! Like it!!! ... incredible graphics. 10 stars!"
- "This app is simply amazing, i love it!!!!!"
- "Tons of useful info. Weather over time animated feature rocks !!!!"
- Awesome! Best weather app imaginable!!!
- "Whoa!!! I have to say, Ive used a ton of Weather apps... This one is amazing."
- "WeatherBomb is the bomb. Great app.!!"
- "Amazing! Better than anything I have ever used. Keep up the good work!"
- "I've used several weather Apps for 6+ years, but this App is, "the Bomb!!""
- "Holy $#*%! This is freaking awesome!"
- "Incredible! Loved it!"
- "This is an... ..absolutely brilliant weather application !"
- "Weather Bomb rocks! Great UI"
- "Pure awesomeness What a beautiful app."
- "As an amateur meteorologist, this app seriously impressed me"
- "As a commercial photographer, this app really helps me to plan ahead."
- "Best weather app by far! Makes it easy to plan my aerial video flights."
- "Awesome app Best weather app I have seen. Great for surfers mtb or anything outdoor."
- "Awesome Make sure to add wave height to data"
- "This is an absolutely unique and useful app for weather geeks and everyday folks. Lots of data beautifully visualized"
- "A refreshing UI compared to the mainstream weather apps"
- "Very Innovative Visualization"
- "Cool factor: 11 Excellent UI, very nice take on weather apps."
- "The ultimate weather app"
★ Follow current location - for travelers.
★ Material design.
★ More data. Higher resolution data.
★ More widgets.
★ Current conditions.
★ Customizable graphs, scales and themes.
★ More cool features, simple design, and elegance.
Get in touch with us, send your thoughts, and follow the latest news:
Want to play in the rain or fly a kite? WeatherBomb is where it's at!!
Nice Weather is a weather application that provides simple and clean forecasts for the next 5 days!
This application has been designed to be simple and enjoyable, while giving access to accurate weather information.
Check out the evolution of the weather along the day by sliding your finger on the temperature graph! Wind speed and precipitation are also updated.
- Weather forecast for 5 days with 3 hours intervals
- Display of the wind speed, temperature and precipitation
- Two interactive graphics to visualize the evolution of temperature and precipitation
- Single color by forecast
- Automatic update of data
- Information available in different units
- Offline access to the forecast
Pro features (about 2 $ US / year to contribute)
- More frequent updates
Thanks to Martin Šindler (cs), 王克震 (zh), Piotr Ciastko (pl) and Maurits Hulzinga (nl), Andrey Raygorodskiy (ru) for the translations!
And thanks to all people who help me to continue!
Follow me on Twitter @aurel_hubert
Weather radar data is refreshed every 6 minutes. Although the default user settings are appropriate for most users, some users like to configure optimal settings for their area and personal taste. Tempest weather radar allows users to change the number of frames per animation, cloud transparency, radar type and range of both NEXRAD and TDWR radars. Storm tracking, ground clutter elimination, image smoothing and rain/snow options can also be controlled. Since the familiar Google Maps is used, the user can enable Satellite View and Traffic View if desired.
NEXRAD radar parameters include:
Base Reflectivity N0R
Base Reflectivity N1R
Base Reflectivity N2R
Base Reflectivity N3R
Base Reflectivity N0Z
World Base Reflectivity 00Q
Base Radial Velocity N0V
Base Radial Velocity N1V
Mean Radial Velocity N0S
Mean Radial Velocity N1S
Mean Radial Velocity N2S
Mean Radial Velocity N3S
Total Surface Rainfall NTP
One Hour Rainfall N1P
TDWR radar parameters include:
Base Reflectivity TR0
Base Reflectivity TR1
Base Reflectivity TR2
Long Range Reflectivity TZL
Base Radial Velocity TV0
Base Radial Velocity TV1
Mean Radial Velocity TV2
WSR Base Reflectivity N0Q
WSR Base Reflectivity NAQ
WSR Base Reflectivity N1Q
WSR Base Reflectivity NBQ
WSR Base Reflectivity N2Q
WSR Base Reflectivity N3Q
WSR Base Radial Velocity N0U
WSR Base Radial Velocity NAU
WSR Base Radial Velocity N1U
WSR Base Radial Velocity N0U
WSR Base Radial Velocity NBU
WSR Base Radial Velocity N2U
WSR Base Radial Velocity N3U
WSR Digital Storm Total Precipitation DSP
WSR Surface Rainfall 1 hour N1P
WSR Surface Rainfall storm total NTP
WSR Mean Radial Velocity N0S
WSR Mean Radial Velocity N1S
WSR Mean Radial Velocity N2S
WSR Mean Radial Velocity N3S
Although initially designed as a weather radar only solution, Tempest weather radar can retrieve current local weather conditions, 10 day forecast and hourly forecast data by tapping on the red location icon. Alternatively, "long pressing" on a map location will bring up the weather forecast of that location.
Currently, Tempest weather radar overlay data is available only for the USA and the bordering regions of Canada and Mexico. Also, Tempest weather radar is currently only available on the android platform.
Thanks for trying Tempest Weather Radar. We hope you enjoy it!
This program is under active development.
Weather radar and forecast data provided by wunderground.com
Maps provided by google.com
Tempest weather radar... the ultimate storm tracking app for your android device.
Nooly Micro Weather predicts the Exact Minute Rain or snow will start, the exact time light rain turns into thunderstorm conditions and when exactly the storm will end. Each one of Nooly's Predictions is for an area of 0.4 square miles! Nooly predicts the minute rain starts Only in the Continental US and South parts of Canada.
If you are looking for an Accurate Weather Forecast you should download Nooly (it’s FREE). Because Nooly was developed by top American and European weather scientists, it involves new and experimental technologies. Developed by the Nooly team, some of these predictions were available until now only to the FAA, NASA and other Federal agencies. Using Nooly, you can have access to these predictions as well.
Nooly is arguably the world most accurate Short-range Weather App that predicts the Exact Time Rain will Start and end (5 Minute Accuracy) for every neighborhood / road or district in the Continental US. The app covers more than 30 million different locations within a 0.4 square mile radius and can predict when light rain will become a thunderstorm, when snow will fall and when ice rain will end up at your doorstep.
The application presents the user with Cutting Edge Technology and breakthrough algorithms that represent a scientific breakthrough in the field of cloud physics and meteorology, It is Futuristic and Experimental at the same time. It took us a few years of hard science and algorithmic work to develop this wonder. Now, after long testing periods, we find Nooly to be highly accurate and extremely reliable. But you be the judge and allow us via your extremely valuable feedback in the name of science, to contribute to our effort of developing even more accurate weather prediction algorithms that will, among other benefits, accurately predict extreme weather conditions such as hail, hurricanes and tornadoes.
Please note, the app is currently predicting the weather in the continental US and Southern Canada, only. It is available worldwide for your convenience but will work only in predicting US and Canadian weather.
When using the app remember; it is a work in progress and you are one of the first in the world to experience such accurate forecast. Mistake in the predictions may happen, please update us exactly where, when and how our prediction were not accurate. We will appreciate any suggestions, improvements or even feature you would like to see in future versions. We will do our best to address your requests and we thank you for your valuable feedback.
The current version is provided to you with all of its features Free Of Charge !
In future versions Nooly intend to turn the micro weather application (part of it or as a whole) into paid app.
*My location doesn’t work very well inside buildings; outside of a building the app uses GPS and finding users location is accurate. However, while indoors (when GPS is not available), the app may find it hard to get good fix on your location and will show the White-house.
*Pinch-to-zoom on the map don’t work; this problem relates to your Android version. Google fixed this issue in Ice-cream Sandwich (V. 4).
*Hourly forecast misses temperature and other parameters. On the hourly screen, just tap on the relevant hour.
* Sluggishness; we are working on boosting up our servers.
* Maps load slowly; these are Google maps on HTML5, we are looking into other (faster) alternatives.
Please write to us to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or a problem.
Please stay tuned for future and improved versions.
The Nooly team.
LifeHacker: "Overall it's a solid weather app, and a good competitor to Yahoo"
Android Police: "If you're into informative, yet minimal apps, then the company's newest offering, Bright Weather, should be right up your alley.
tested.com: "Right out of the gate it's probably one of the best looking Android weather apps, and it has some cool widgets (obviously).
PCMag: "Bright Weather is a Lovely New Android Weather App from LevelUp Studio
The beautiful design mixes stunning photography with minimalistic graphics as it tries to balance information, functionnality, simplicity and attractivity for your personal weather interests.
Sure you can just look outside to get an idea of whether it is cold, rainy or windy. But can you be sure not to get heavy rain later without checking the comprehensive weather forecast included in Bright Weather?
Bright Weather features many information and functionalities efficiently accessible:
- Android Wear support
- Simple weather overview with 24 hours forecast with temperatures and conditions
- Advanced weather conditions with todays hourly forecast, sunset and sunrise
- Six days weather forecast with details for the day and night
- Weather almanac enclosing temperature records
- Current Moon phase, UV Index
- Interactive Weather Radar Map featuring clouds, rain, snow, pressure, temperature and wind using data from OpenWeatherMap
- Take a picture and share your weather using the integrated camera feature
- Beautiful Widgets with an optional clock
- Daily updated background picture
- Get even more information with a direct access to Weather Underground website for you location
Smart notifications allows you to get notified for the weather before the weekend, or to create your own custom notifications like being alerted of a temperature change.
Bright Weather is brought to you by the creators of Beautiful Widgets and Plume, the awards winning applications available on Android.
Please let us know what you think, you can follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/levelupstudio
Simple and fast
Application uses less battery power.
Weather Clock Widget is a replacement lock screen clock widget for Android 4.2+.
To add the widget to your Android 4.2 device's lock screen, simply swipe to the left-most page of your lock screen and touch the "+" icon. Then, select "Weather Clock Widget" to customize and add the widget. You can make this the primary lock screen widget, replacing the default clock, by first touching-and-holding it and then dragging it horizontally to the very rightmost position.
**Before running the application configuration is required.
SETTING: Settings->Location services->GPS satellites enable
To add a widget to a Home screen, follow these steps:
1. Touch and hold any empty section of a Home screen.
2. Touch Widgets.
3. Touch and hold a widget. You’ll see images of each Home screen.
4. Slide the widget to the Home screen image you prefer, then lift your finger.
or Home->Application Menu->Widget
Forecast On/Off: Touch the Weather Image
• US and Canadian location support
• Current location support, always know the weather where you are
• Push Notifications for weather alerts
• Display your favorite location's current or 'feels like' temperature right on your home screen
• Temperature settings for Celsius and Fahrenheit
• Unit settings for Metric and Imperial
• Heat index / humidex and wind-chill values ('Feels Like')
• Detailed current condition with several customizable metrics including: Wind (speed and direction), Pressure, Visibility, Humidity, Dew Point, Sunrise, Sunset, and Moon Phase
• Interactive radar maps
Station list is sorted by distance from the current location.
Current observation (METAR) and forecast (TAF) can be downloaded for the selection station from the NOAA site.
The weather station data downloaded from the developer's site on the first run, and can be updated later on request.
Please note that each chaser's video stream depends on network conditions in the field which vary dramatically during a chase. Streams will disconnect when the chaser loses wireless data coverage.
The app is still considered a beta release but we wanted to get out something your hands early so you could enjoy it this storm season. Follow @TVNweather on Twitter for updates.
Update: I have been very busy trying to make ends meet with other projects, unfortunately I was not able to successfully monetize this application and some very negative comments from users removed my passion and my drive to invest time on it, despite the many many more positive and supportive emails. I have decided to make the app free. I will be bringing it up to date and adding a few new features this summer when I can find time. I apologize for the delay in responding to any emails you may have sent, this year was quite difficult for me.
Be sure to download the EmWeather Icon Pack for more icon options! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.EmWeather.Iconsets
Easily configurable (just triple-click).