This medical disease hand book can act as a clinical advisor for self diagnosis and can also be used to look up symptoms, diseases and treatment. Medical diseases dictionary free download is like a FREE Doctor at home for common diseases and treatment codes.
Diseases dictionary FREE - Medical App Features:
- Works Offline without internet.
- Detailed description of all major medical conditions and diseases.
- Information regarding treatment of diseases for all medical conditions and symptoms along with medication information, medication interaction and drug side effects.
- Medical reference book and thesaurus covering all medical terminologies and abbreviations.
- Prescription drug info along with pill description is provided in the treatment section.
- Physicians desk reference and pharmaceuticals dictionary.
- A handy free pocket guide for nurses for use as an emergency guide.
Who can use this free disease dictionary:
Healthcare professionals, pharmaceuticals, physicians, hospital nurses, medical students, nursing professionals, pharmacy, physician assistants and for students who work in clinical practice & dispensary.
This app cannot and should not replace a pharmacist or a doctor consultation. App content is only for pocket reference & educational purposes. Consult a doctor before actual usage of any of the information in this app.
✦ It's for the whole family ✦
My Medical isn't just one medical record. You can keep as many records as you want. Use it for a spouse or aging parents. Use it to keep immunization records for your children. Use it to look after a special needs child. Doctors, nurses and clinicians: use My Medical to maintain notes about your patients.
✦ A medical record and more ✦
Areas for emergency contacts, health insurance, doctors' contact information, and other data that are not strictly part of a traditional personal health record (PHR) are all available. And if you already have medical contacts in your address book, then perfect, because My Medical can import it in the tap of a finger. There's no need to retype it all.
✦ And it works with your calendar ✦
My Medical will automatically put doctor's appointments, prescription due dates and upcoming lab tests on your phone or tablet's calendar app.
✦ A digital file cabinet ✦
My Medical devotes an area to image files that can be attached to your record. You can tie files to particular items anywhere within your information. So add a picture of the pill next to a medication, or keep a copy of your insurance card alongside a provider's contact information.
✦ From blood tests to X-rays ✦
My Medical provides a range of common test result templates for you to track test results. To name just a few: blood pressure; cholesterol; metabolic panels; blood sugar; CAT scan; height and weight. If that isn't enough, construct and customize your own test results to keep track of exactly what you need.
✦ Visualize it ✦
Chart test results with sophistication; with the graphing feature you can view multiple plots simultaneously, zoom to specific ranges and identify points of interest.
✦ It's secure ✦
Unlike most other health record applications, data is stored right on your device, not on remote servers. So you don't need to worry about who can see your data at the other end of the line. In fact, My Medical does not connect to the Internet at all and doesn't send out any private or diagnostic information, making it as secure as possible. As a further safety measure, you may require a password in order to view all or certain parts of your information.
✦ In case of emergency ✦
My Medical is a valuable aid for EMTs, first responders, or those who may need to quickly find out emergency instructions. Even if you have password-protected the app, certain information is made accessible in the event of an emergency.
✦ We're independent ✦
My Medical is independent of hospitals, medical centers, and government. Because your records are maintained by you, their contents are whatever aspects of your health that you care to monitor. That means not having to deal with confusing, legally required information often found in the records of health care providers. In short, My Medical personal health records are for you, the patient.
✦ Get the word out ✦
Sharing your information has never been easier. Generate a report of all or part of your record and email it straightaway. Or export it as a Microsoft Excel-readable spreadsheet. Or you can always send your info to the printer to make a hard copy.
✦ Sharing ✦
Our Android, iPhone and desktop computer apps are fully compatible and you can seamlessly send data between them over a wireless network (WiFi) or using email. You can also back records up for safekeeping, so if your device is lost or replaced your information is easily restored.
Now available for Android!
** 3 in 1: Lab Values, Abbv, Prefix/Suffix is the premium resource for all healthcare professionals and students. Inside this one app you’ll find Lab Reference Values, Medical Abbreviations and Medical Prefix/Suffix, all at hand and ready to use, anytime, anywhere.
You’re a busy healthcare worker on the go, seeing patients, helping people. You need answers and references fast, so you can keep the flow going and get to as many patients as you can. That’s why you need 3 in 1 Lab Reference on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
This is really three medical apps in one. Lab Reference Values, Medical Abbreviations, and Medical Prefix and Suffix, are all inside this amazingly helpful application.
Everything you need for fast reference is in here – 265 lab values organized into 16 classic categories as well as 12 common panels categories with links to Google, Clinilab Navigator, Lab Tests Online, Medline Plus, and WebMD for more information. Thousands of commonly used abbreviations. More than 400 prefixes/suffixes with the meaning, origin language, etymology, and examples. Vast resources and examples are right at your fingertips, ready for whenever or wherever you might need them, as reminders or as an educational tool.
What separates us from the rest of the Lab Values apps? Our app is fully customizable. All of the data contained in 3 in 1 Lab Reference if fully editable, so go ahead and customize it to suit your needs or add notes to an entry.
Look at the indispensable features you get in 3 in 1 Lab Reference:
* Simple and easy to use interface
* 3 apps in 1
* 265 Lab Reference Values in 16 different categories
* "Common Panels" section to look up lab values organized by commonly ordered lab panels
* Labs values are presented in SI or US units
* Thousands of medical abbreviations
* Over 400 prefixes/suffixes with origin language, etymology, and examples
* Only medical reference app with fully editable data!
* Links to important resources including Google, Wikipedia, Medline Plus, Clinlab Navigator, Lab Tests Online, and WebMD
* Recently viewed section, Favorites section, and powerful search for fast retrieval of data
* The perfect reference tool for healthcare professionals and students
Lab Value categories include:
* Cardiac Labs (12)
* Renal Labs (6)
* Urinalysis (14)
* Electrolytes (19)
* Acid/Base Balance (8)
* Iron Studies (9)
* Pancreatic Disease (5)
* Liver Disease (13)
* Tumor Markers (9)
* Hematology (38)
* CSF Analysis (11)
* Lipid Panel (8)
* Drug Levels (27)
* Toxicology (7)
* Endocrine Labs (38)
* Immunology Labs (23)
Common Lab Panels include:
* Acute Viral Hepatitis Panel
* Arterial Blood Gas
* Basic Metabolic Panel
* Coagulation Panel
* Complete Blood Count
* Complete Metabolic Panel
* CSF Analysis
* Iron Studies
* Lipid Panel
* Liver Function Tests
* Thyroid Function Panel
Information included for Lab Values includes:
* Reference Values (SI and US)
* Critical Values
* Lab Description
* Differential diagnosis for elevated values
* Differential diagnosis for low values
* Container information
* Personal comments
* Additional information section with links to Google, Clinilab Navigator, Lab Tests Online, Web MD, Medline Plus, and Wikipedia
* Related Labs section
If you are in the healthcare industry, this app is the one to help you heal others and get through your day productively.
* Search and filter by discipline or system.
* Create and share your own mnemonics, then submit them for review by our resident MD to add to the database!
Medical Doctor is a perfect medical reference application for physicians, medical students, nurses, physician assistants, and anyone else in the medical field.
This app contains all of our other apps ("Heart Sounds", "Lab Values", "Obstetrics", and "Notes and Orders,"), as well as history & physical guide and pediatric information. It has the latest up-to-date medical information in an easy-to-use application and offers many features that are useful in the hospital, clinic, nursing home, medical school, nursing school, etc.
When you buy this app, you are guaranteed future updates containing more applications/components!
- More than 20 playable heart and lung sounds with information on murmurs, rubs, gallops, wheezing, rales, etc.
- Cardiac and pulmonary auscultation diagrams
- Heart and Lung sounds quiz!
- More than 100 searchable Lab Values with descriptions of each
- Labs include: hematology, chemistries, urine, CSF, synovial fluid, pleural fluid, endocrine, body fluids, toxicology, and therapeutic/toxic drug values.
- Fishbone diagrams
- History & physical exam information featuring ROS, CAGE, and SIGECAPS
- Glasgow Coma score and Neurological Exam information
- Five dermatome maps
- Notes & Orders including Admit/Transfer orders, On Service notes, SOAP notes, Discharge notes, Pre-Operative notes, Operative notes, Post-Operative notes, and Procedure notes
- OB Wheel with personalized screening. Enter your LMP, due date, or ultrasound information, and calculate important pregnancy information, including recommended screening tests for that gestational age.
- Initial prenatal visit recommendations
- Routine prenatal visit recommendations
- Common triage work-ups (including labor check, preterm labor, hypertension, decreased fetal movement, vaginal bleeding, spontaneous rupture of membranes, and nausea and vomiting)
- Step-by-step guide for fetal heart rate interpretation with strips
- Pediatrics information including developmental milestones, APGAR scoring, immunization schedules, and delivery date estimation
- Fishbone Widget
- And much more...
If you would like to see more features added, please e-mail or call us. We will try to add your recommendations to our next release!
We have done our best to facilitate your search of numerous drugs and diseases. Our application offers you an extensive drug guide and a disease guide.
We do our best to monitor all novel and rare medicines and update our information on a daily basis, to make sure that we provide you with the latest data. With our medical application you will be able to choose the most effective, fast-acting and least harmful drugs.
Stay healthy and remember that your health is in your hands!
This application includes:
1. Drug Handbook
2. General Diseases - Handbook
-- Update #2
Medical Terms and Dictionary with common and uncommon words, terms and phrases. Used by physicians, nurses, PAs, NPs, medical students, nursing students and more.
With this simple, powerfull and free app you can reveal meanings of thousands of medical terms in English language.
It contains directory of most common used medical terms, diseases, tests and symptoms extended by external sources with tons of medical terminology.
- a very quick Search for Terms;
- complete offline access, No Internet connection required;
- huge database of Terminologies;
- email any of the terms instantly;
- unlimited Book Marks;
- compatible with all versions of Android Devices;
- very efficient, fast and good performance;
- automatic free updates whenever new terms gets added;
- application is designed to occupy as much as less memory as possible.
Prognosis: Emergency Medicine allows you to test your decision making skills in a risk-free environment while sharpening your clinical knowledge.
The interesting discussions at the end of each case scenario are useful for experienced physicians to refresh their knowledge and also serve as interesting practice material for residents embarking on a career in Emergency Medicine.
All clinical cases and discussions have been reviewed by our editorial board of 120+ physicians across 27 specialties.
1. Acetaminophen Poisoning
2. Acute Appendicitis
3. Acute Compartment Syndrome
4. Acute Encephalitis
5. Acute Epiglottitis
6. Acute Glomerulonephritis
7. Acute Head Trauma
8. Acute Hematogenous Osteomyelitis
9. Acute Myocardial Infarction (LBBB)
10. Acute Myocarditis
11. Acute Ovarian Torsion
12. Acute Pericarditis
13. Adrenal Crisis
14. Aortic Dissection
15. Asthma Exacerbation
16. Atrial Fibrillation
17. Bacterial Meningitis
18. Basilar-type Migraine
19. Bell’s Palsy
20. Benign Positional Paroxysmal Vertigo
21. Biliary Ascariasis
22. Boerhaave Syndrome
24. Brugada Syndrome
26. Cardiac Tamponade
27. Cerebral Venous Thrombosis
28. Cervical Epidural Hematoma
29. Chronic Subdural Hematoma
30. Deep Venous Thrombosis
31. Diabetic Ketoacidosis
32. Dieulafoy’s Lesion
33. Digoxin Toxicity
34. Ectopic Pregnancy
35. Emphysematous Cholecystitis
36. Exercise Associated Hyponatremia
37. Fitz-hugh-curtis Syndrome
38. Guillain–barré Syndrome
39. Heat Stroke
40. Heterotopic Pregnancy
41. Hyperosmolar Hyperglycemic State
42. Hypertensive Emergency
43. Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy
44. Hypertrophic Pyloric Stenosis
45. Ica Dissection
46. Infectious Mononucleosis
48. Isolated Gall Bladder Injury
49. Kawasaki Disease
50. Lactic Acidosis, Metformin
51. Lateral Medullary Syndrome
52. Lemierre's Syndrome
53. Meckel's Diverticulum
54. Mesenteric Ischemia, Arterial
55. Multiple Sclerosis
56. Myasthenia Gravis
57. Myxedema Coma
58. Omental Infarction
59. Peptic Ulcer Disease
60. Peripartum Cardiomyopathy
61. Pneumocystis Jiroveci Pneumonia
63. Primary Hyperparathyroidism
64. Prinzmetal's Angina
65. Pulmonary Embolism
66. Red Degeneration
67. Renal Artery Aneurysm
68. Retropharyngeal Abscess
69. Reye Syndrome
70. Right Ventricular Myocardial Infarction
71. Rupture of a Popliteal Cyst
72. Salicylate Toxicity
73. Sigmoid Volvulus
74. Spinal Epidural Abscess
75. Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
77. Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
78. Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome
79. Superior Vena Cava Syndrome
80. Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy
81. Temporal Arteritis
82. Tension Pneumothorax
83. Thyrotoxic Periodic Paralysis
84. Tick Paralysis
85. Tumor Lysis Syndrome
87. Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
88. Atrial Myoxma
89. Nonconvulsive Status Epilepticus
90. Prinzmetal's Angina
91. Omental Infarction
Medical students: get an edge up when competing with your colleagues for those Honors scores! Learn how to take accurate and complete patient histories and perform detailed physical examinations. Uncertain how to clearly and concisely communicate your findings with your preceptor? Our innovative tool will help you to present like a pro!
This is a great tool for all medical professions students. H&P PRO takes you through the entire process of building patient histories, completing physical exams, developing progress notes, and presenting your findings to your supervisor. The unique database contains the very best in current methods and procedures that all medical professionals are expected to follow. The automatic progress note generator creates exactly what would go in a chart; just copy and paste it if you need a written presentation.
H&P PRO is designed to replace those big physical diagnosis textbooks. As a bonus feature, our video guides will lead you through the correct way to perform each of the essential elements of the physical exam.
SMA exists within the device's memory, acting as a comprehensive pocket guide for medical clinicians while in private practice or in remote areas in the United States or around the world – no WiFi connection required for use.
Product Features --
* Comprehensive guide to medical histories, physical examination and documentation of findings
* Instruction guides assist you in each element of history-taking and physical examination
*First application to translate checklist findings into grammatically correct progress note for presentation
* Video tutorials provide detailed instruction in correctly performing physical examination components
New Version 1.2.7 (22-Jul-13)
Fix for "Can't play this video" errors
New Version 1.2.0 (6-Jun-12)
Video guides for each of the essential elements of a physical
New Version 1.1.1! (16-Apr-2012)
* New Module - Breast Exam
Ability to purchase 7 more modules
* Review of Systems (ROS)
* Screen Neurological
* Significant speed and stability improvements
Medical Formulas is intuitive, easy to use and thoroughly tested. Oriented utility for physicians, doctors, residents, medical students and other health professionals.
Medical Formulas includes numerous criteria, functions and scores of different specialties: Internal Medicine, Nutrition, Metabolism, Endocrinology, Medication, Gynecology, Obstetrics, Cardiology, Pulmonology, Nephrology, Infectology, Neurology, Psychiatry, Therapy, Intensive Care, Emergency, Gastroenterology, Hematology, Oncology, Hepatology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Surgery, Toxicology, Trauma.
Among the most used functions it highlights:
- Ideal Body Weight
- Body Mass Index BMI
- Body Surface Area
- Winter’s Formula for Metabolic Acidosis Compensation
- LDL Calculator
- Anion GAP
- Maintenance Fluids Calculator
- Parkland Formula for Burns
- Pregnancy Due Dates Calculator
- APGAR Score
- Emergency Heart Failure Mortality Risk Grade
- Corrected QT Interval
- Geneva Score for Pulmonary Embolism
- Mean Arterial Pressure
- Framingham Coronary Heart Disease Risk Score
- Well’s Criteria for Pulmonary Embolism
- PSI Port Score: Pulmonary Severity Index
- Oxygenation Index
- Light’s Criteria for Exudative Effusion
- Creatinine Clearence
- MDRD GFR Equation
- Duke Criteria for Infective Endocarditis
- SIRS Sepsis and Septic Shock Criteria
- CURB 65 Severity Score
- CAGE Questions for Alcohol Use
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (ICH) Score
- Patient Health Questionnaire-9
- Glasgow Coma Scale
- APACHE II
- Shock Index
- Ramson’s Criteria for Pancreatitis Mortality
- Arterial Blood Gas (ABG) Analyzer
- ABC Score for Massive Transfusion
- PERC Rule for Pulmonary Embolism
- King’s College Criteria for Acetaminophen Toxicity
- Child-Pugh Score for Cirrhosis Mortality
- Absolute Reticulocyte Count and Reticulocyte Index
- Glasgow Alcoholic Hepatitis Score
- Calcium Correction for Hypoalbuminemia
- Pittsburgh Knee Rules
- Wells’ Criteria for Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Pediatric Ins and Outs (per kg and per hour)
- Pediatric Endotracheal Tube (ETT) Size
- Injury Severity Score (ISS)
- Alvarado Score for Acute Appendicitis
- Hunt and Hess Classification of Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Phenytoin Correction for Albumin Renal Failure
- Serum Osmolality/Osmolarity
- Opioid Risk Tool (ORT) for Narcotic Abuse
- Acetaminophen Overdose and NAC Dosing
- ATRIA Bleeding Risk Score
- TASH Score (Trauma Associated Severe Hemorrhage)
- Revised Trauma Score
- Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC)
- HIV Needle Stick Risk Assessment Stratification Protocol (RASP)
Visual Anatomy Free is an interactive reference, and education tool. Now it include a rotational organ 3D overview model!! It contains all body anatomy systems and has more than 500 feature points which can be interactively select. Each feature point has its own label and description. The app also has search function which can be used as searching the labels of all feature points. 8 overview images from Gray's anatomy. Full version has all 1247 images.
In additional, a quiz with 23 multi-choice questions also is included.
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool but can also be used for any professional who needs the occasional reminder. Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators or professionals, allowing them to visually show detailed areas to their patients or students - helping to educate or explain conditions, ailments and injuries. It is also a general anatomy guide.
★ Support English, French, Spanish, German languages.
★ muscle description (ORIGIN, INSERTION, NERVE, ACTIONS).
★ Tap and Zoom - Pinch zoom into and identify any region, bone or other feature by tapping on the screen.
★ Quiz mode - test yourself with an option to switch off the label of the feature point.
★ Quick Navigation - jump to a different system or organ by selecting the thumbnail.
★ Multi-choice quiz.
★ High-resolution images.
★ Great for learning anatomy and physiology
★ Free periodic updates.
★ Can be used as anatomy dictionary by searching anatomy term.
Organ 3D, Muscular System (overview, head, arm and foot muscles), Skeletal System (overview, skull, hand and foot bones. Some bone marks in the skull), Circulation System, Body Region, Heart, Respiratory System, Digestive System, Urinary System, Nervous System (overview and brain), Female and male Reproductive Systems, Ear Structure, Nasal Cavity, Eye.
HOW TO USE:
The user is presented with a high-quality anatomy images. The user can zoom in to any area by tapping on the zoom in button and using the single finger panning function. The feature point (cross) can be selected by tapping on it. Detail button allows you to switch on/off the short description. For muscle section, detail button only show the description. Quiz mode button allows you to switch on/off the label and short description.
When you input more than one characters, the search function automatically gives a list of potential key words. You can just select one of them from the list. The result will be the feature point on the anatomy image, label and short description. You also can find more information by pressing the Wiki icon!!
The dictionary is based on the contents of Dorland’s Illustrated Medical Dictionary, which has set the standard for medical dictionaries for over 110 years.
*** Fully Functional Trial ***
* 40,000 entries and definitions from all areas of medicine
* 350 illustrations
* Audio pronunciations
* Helpful hints, including information on pronunciation
* Clear, accessible color layout
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported, the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
Suitable for premedical students, nursing students, medical secretaries, transcriptionists, and allied health students, in fact anyone with an interest in the language of medicine or medical education. If you are about to go to medical school or nursing college be one step ahead and impress your new tutors. If you are a nurse, medical secretary or allied health student learning English, studying our distance learning course will enhance your listening, writing and spelling skills. Now widely used for general practice (GP) staff training.
Invaluable revision for all health care courses including: City & Guilds (AMSPAR) Certificate in Medical Terminology at Levels 2 and 3, CMA / AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants) Medical Terminology Exam, SQA Medical Terminology, NHS training courses and medical secretary training courses.
== New customers can preview Taber’s by accessing over 6,000 entries. Current customers can sign in using their existing Taber’s Medical Dictionary for Mobile + Web username and password. Buy Taber’s at any time using your Google Play account. ==
Taber’s Medical Dictionary – New 22nd Edition
Choose Preview, Buy, or Sign In from this app.
Preview – View 10% of the 65,000 entries to experience Taber’s value at the bedside, in the classroom, and on the job.
Buy – Purchase and view all 65,000 entries found in Taber’s at any time using your Google Play account. Access to Tabers.com included with purchase.
Sign In – Current Taber’s Medical Dictionary for Mobile + Web customers can download all 65,000 entries to their phone or tablet by entering their existing username and password.
About Taber’s 22:
Find the critical medical information you need quickly and easily, wherever you need it. Taber’s is the leading medical dictionary used by health care professionals today.
Taber’s Medical Dictionary contains over 65,000 terms, 1,200 photos, 32,000 audio pronunciations, 120 videos, and more than 600 Patient Care Statements. Taber’s goes beyond the in-depth definitions and provides nutrition and alternative therapy, medical abbreviations, symbols and units of measurement, immunization schedules, nursing diagnoses, and more.
Plus, you’ll have access to the full dictionary, illustrations, audio pronunciations, and more at www.tabers.com.
Taber’s Medical Dictionary for Mobile + Web features:
• 65,000+ in-depth definitions – 8,000 new to this edition
• 1,200+ high-quality images and 120 videos
• Nearly 32,000 audio pronunciations
• Useful appendices with Laboratory Values, Alternative Medicine, and more
• Universal Index Search to find topics quickly
• Favorites for ‘bookmarking’ important entries
• Free: 1-year of content updates
• Free: 1-year of web access to the official Tabers.com website
Editor: Donald Venes, MD, MSJ, FACP
Publisher: F.A. Davis
Powered by: Unbound Medicine