The app uses FL=C*GPM²*L.
*All hose lengths are in 100' segments no 50' lengths*
I need your suggestions to make the app better! Please comment!
Quick data entry is paramount when determining what to pump on scene. Input on mobile devices can be tedious and sometimes difficult when forwarding the latest joke to your crew. Now imagine typing all the hose lengths, various flows and nozzle pressures when your at the “big one”! You can’t delay and recalling rote memorized hydraulic formulas can be difficult at 3am.
Most of the app is structured in a step-by-step fashion leading to the eventual calculated data, I.e. PDP, FL, etc. It was designed to be intuitive and easy to use. Please let me know what you would like to add, change or otherwise improve as this app is for you.
I'm rapidly developing and hope to add some seriously cool features for my brothers and sisters in the fire service across the globe. Stay connected!
- Friction Loss Calculator: An easy way to calculate your hose lines for different types of hoses
- Hydrant Flow: Calculate the maximum discharge flow of your hydrants
- Tanker Shuttle Calculator: Calculate how much water can be transported to a wildlandfire
- Portable Pump: Calculate the real flow of your portable pumps
Calculate with metric units (Liter) or US units (Gallons).
Have a look at the training video for this APP and you can clearly see how it will improve your firefighting career!
*** Get the Innovative FireFighter CalcTool APP NOW! ***
Other features include:
* Surface Engineering Resources. Friction Calculator includes information on coefficient of friction, surface roughness, corrosion rates, wear mechanisms and thread tolerances.
* Friction Engineering Help. Use Friction Calculator to contact General Magnaplate's technical service department to ask for help with your surface enhancement problems.