Ever wonder how an image sounds? This app allows you to transform your pics into music! It's synesthesia at the tip of your fingers. Not even da Vinci, Magritte, Monet or any of them could even dream of something like this!
Explore your images! After choosing an image, you can easily select up to 7 instruments and the app will help you select what colors each instrument will play. Save it, send it by mail or share it on Facebook!
It's simple and it's fun!
Midi Melody for Android is similar in function and appearance to Synthesia, a popular computer program which displays falling notes corresponding to keys played on a piano. Not only does this allow for a pleasant visualization of MIDI files, but also serves as an effective learning tool for those who are incapable of sight reading.
Because tapping the screen of a phone or tablet doesn't offer the learning experience of playing on a real piano, Midi Melody allows you to connect your own digital piano via USB - Play along on your own piano with the falling notes at your own pace! Otherwise, Midi Melody can also play a MIDI file back for you, so you can see which keys to press and when - No need for sheet music!
Enjoy practicing and learning new music in a fun way with your smartphone or tablet, and impress your friends with your newfound ability to play piano!
<> Clean, polished interface.
<> Automatically displays MIDI files in your Download and Music directories.
<> Browse local and external SD card to locate and open MIDI files.
<> Play from a MIDI capable digital piano or Synthesizer via USB (Requires USB OTG capable device)
<> Lengthen or shrink falling note sizes
<> Show notes on the virtual piano keys.
<> Change color of falling notes; left and right hands can be different colors if the MIDI file contains separate tracks.
<> Choose between 128 different instruments.
Please email me if you want to report a bug or problem, have any feature suggestions, or if you are unable to connect your digital piano or synthesizer.
Tags: midi files - usb - keyboard - piano - synthesia android - midi controller
My own clever workaround to Android's High Audio Latency (+100ms) truly makes this one-of-a-kind, you won't find another App like it.
Keep in mind this is not a Piano Hero or Rock Band game. Basically, it teaches you to play piano by simply showing WHICH keys to press and WHEN, at your own pace and to your liking, much like any old PC software that does this akin to Linthesia ™ and Synthesia ™. Neat!
~-~-~ Grab MidiRoll on PC for FREE ~-~-~
~-~-~ Try it before you buy it! ~-~-~
~-~-~ http://goo.gl/jve0tK ~-~-~
[~-~ FEATURES ~-~]
• Virtual Piano with Rolling Notes, Beats and Measures
• Variable Speed Playback from 30% to 100%
• Variable Track/Channel Playback
• Variable Track Colors
• Variable Instrument Per-Track Playback - choose from 128 instruments
• A-B Repeat
• Configurable Piano Roll Options
• Intuitive 'Quick-Seek' buttons for easier learning (you'll love em'!)
• Auto-Scans All MIDI Files in Storage with Configurable Exclusions
• Preloaded with Popular Songs (River Flows in You, Fur Elise, etc.)
• MIDI File Type 0 and 1 Support
• .MID & .MIDI File App Association Support
• !FREE! PC Version - try it before you buy it, download here: http://goo.gl/jve0tK
[~-~ PIANO ROLL OPTIONS ~-~]
• Show Note Letters
• Dim Unplayed Note Range
• Always Show Interface
• Play Metronome
• Mute Playback
• Adjust Quick-Seek Beat Jump Amount
[~-~ TECHNOLOGY ~-~]
• Cunning Workaround to Android's High Audio Latency (this is big)
• MIDI Parser for reading, modifying and writing MIDI files
• LIBGDX for UI & Graphics
I developed this over the course of 8 months for my own personal use as I, like many people, cannot read sheet music, BUT can play Piano. I grew weary of lugging my laptop around to Pianos and Keyboards to learn songs and so, MidiRoll was born!
I am an independent developer in college, your support is greatly appreciated!
** I am not superman, but I will do my best to keep the updates and bug fixes rolling in. I have already added a lot of functionality and bug fixes upon request, so suggesting a feature or issue you're having in the comments, on my website or via Email are easy ways to bring them to my attention! **
[~-~ v3.2 CHANGELOG ~-~]
• All MIDI-specific settings are now persisted and stored as preferences: tracks enabled, instruments, colors and playback speed
• Lowered the minimum playback speed from 30% to **10%**
• Playback speed label color now varies by the speed selected
• Brightened the default MIDI track colors to increase contrast against the piano roll background
• **BUG FIX** Midi specific preference files were being scanned in and listed as a broken MIDI file due to a residual .MIDI extension on the preference file. Fixing this will wipe your previous MIDI bookmarks, but it's fixed for good, very sorry about that :'C
[~-~ v3.1 CHANGELOG ~-~]
• Sped up screen transitions
• Fixed an extremely rare crash during transitions
• Adjusted keyboard dimensions to be more proportional to that of a real piano
• Fixed sharps' lit-up key positions
• Fixed some input confusion wonkiness when panning the keyboard
• Fixed an Android bug with A-B repeat causing a de-sync if metronome was on
[~-~ v3.3 FUTURE PLANS ~-~]
• Key Letters on Falling Notes
• ??? - Suggest one!
[~-~ KNOWN ISSUES ~-~]
It is an application for Android that allows you to learn while having fun, the Tsutsumi Method.
1)Kaeru no uta
3)Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
4)Song of fox
5)Happy birthday to you
7)Mary had a little lamb
9)Under the spreading chestnut tree
Tsutsumi method is effective in an educational program based on the theory of original music, inspired by the sense organs and develop the brain, highly creative children to grow rich sensibility.
Android version, you can play as sensuously operations along the score that appears.
It also includes the sound source data for the accompaniment,
You can play the melody while listening to karaoke.
Accompaniment of these data can be downloaded.
Information for the producer of the copyright holder.
and sound-sketches easy and anywhere. This mini studio offers a lot of basic audio features to explore: jam to your imported or recorded loops, edit your audioclips, add effects like Delay and Chorus, share your session to Soundcloud and other platforms. In other words: a great tool for songwriters and other creative musicians!
* Four tracks available to record or import on
* Audio effects: Fuzz, Chorus, Delay, Equalizer, Reverb
* Sharing with SoundCloud, Google Drive, Gmail, DropBox etc.
* Import/Export your own music (MP3/WAV)
* Loop function (with snap to beat function)
* Record with metronome and count off
* Stereo panning
* Bounce tracks to free track-space
* Track editing
If you experience problems with the app, please check the F.A.Q. in the app or let us know about it by sending an email so we can try to fix it.
MP3 Decoding/Encoding specifics:
For mp3-import the app uses the JLayer-MP3 Library from the JLayer Project: http://www.javazoom.net/javalayer/javalayer.html.
For mp3-export the app uses LAME from the LAME Project:
- Synthesia will wait until you hit the correct note in "Melody Practice" mode.
- Perform each hand separately or together.
- Try more than 20 songs in the free version.
- Buy the unlock to play 130 more, along with every other MIDI song ever created.
- Connect your own digital piano and play along.
- Compatible with the lights in most lighted keyboards.
- Optionally show traditional sheet music, in addition to the falling notes.
- Master each section by creating a loop and practicing repeatedly.
- Keep time using the built-in metronome.
- Learn the correct fingers to use from the hints included with every song.
- Choose from more than 100 different instrument sounds.
IT DOES NOT PLAY SOUND! It's just a roller.
Recommended for larger android tablets. I had to lower the window height to compensate because my tablet considers the menu's as part of window and doesn't let you go over them. So sorry if it isn't "full screen."
The best midi file player in android!
** This is an app for playing ".mid" file.
** You must have at least one ".mid" file to play.
** There are a ton of free midi files on the web by searching keyword "free midi file".
** Thank you for uploading.
MusePad uses a piano roll style grid for displaying notes, and a piano keyboard for input. You enter the notes using the piano and they appear on the note grid. After that, you can delete notes directly on the grid, or add more notes tapping on the grid.
At any time, you can play your song from any starting position. When playing, current note(s) will be lit both on note grid and piano keyboard, following the notes with a smooth scroll movement. You will love to watch the music play!
- Note grid with diatonic / chromatic modes and key signature
- Input notes with the piano keyboard, or placing them directly on the grid
- Polyphonic piano input (in multitouch devices) with 8 octaves, scrollable in small devices
- Unlimited undo / redo for correcting mistakes
- Playback with highlighting of notes in grid and piano
- Full navigation on the note grid, with pan & zoom
- Save and load songs, or export them as MIDI
- Cut / Copy / Paste / Transpose
This is the Lite version of MusePad. After trying it, you may want to purchase the Full version of MusePad, which lets you load and save your songs, and export them as MIDI; and has no ads.
More features will be added in the future. Stay tuned and enjoy MusePad!
The sound synthesis is structured as a flux of material, similar to a waterfall: the initial white noise serves as the source for all sounds. It is then filtered through several layers, flowing and traveling through filtered paths and probabilities to reach their destination through the speakers.
The result is an ever-changing, sculpted constellation of these tiny filter fragments. The visual field is mapped to the sonic structure: filter values, probability intervals and logical decisions are controlling the minimal, pulsating environment thus creating a contemplative, synesthetic experience.
Please use headphones or external speakers for full experience.
When "Party Mode" is enabled songs are added to the playlist as required so that the music never stops!
Party mode keeps a history of recently played songs and avoids adding them again for some time so that you don't keep hearing the same songs over and over (unless you really want to).
Use it at your next party so that people can search your music library for their favourite songs and add them to the playlist (better than having a DJ).
During the music search songs are analysed and categorised so that every song can be found by its name, artist, album or genre.
It also features a Random button so that a random song can be added to the playlist quickly and easily.
Support for large song libraries (dependent on device memory)... tested with a library of over 10,000 songs.
• Fast AD FREE interface that is light on resources
• Runs as a background service for continual listening
• Bitrate selection of 192k, 128k, or 24k
• Compatible with Android 2.1 and up
AfterHoursDJs.org features live DJs from around the world spinning all types of electronic dance music. Genres include House, Trance, Progressive, Electro, and DnB. - After Hours DJs AfterHours DJ EDM -
+ Play MIDI files using any SF2 soundfont (one is already included)
+ Karaoke: *.kar and *. mid files, support for many charsets (cyrillic, greek, arabian, ...)
+ Auto detect voice melody track with the option to mute it automatically
+ piano keys: scrollable and zoomable
+ USB MIDI IN: plug in your midi controller and play along the song
+ Gapless and beat accurate looping because ofquantisation feature. Loops are also shiftable while playing !
+ Create markers to quickly navigate to specific file positions - Give a name for each marker, eg. "solo", "reprise"...
+ Transpose the MIDI file (can be stored for each MIDI file! )
+ Tracks control: Mute or solo specific tracks/instruments or assign other instruments!
+ Change the tempo during playback while maintaining relative tempo changes
+ Choose midi notes visualisation: pitch range or instrument/midi channel
+ Various auto scrolling modes and continuous zooming
+ Designed for tablets and smartphones
The soundfont that ships with this app offers acceptable sounds (better than those of the Android default synthesizer). Because of its small size of ~ 3 MB it loads pretty fast, consumes less CPU and therefore can also be used on slower devices.
Any soundfont of file format "sf2" can be used, also compressed soundfonts (wavpack or flac). Just search the internet for "soundfont collections- there are many available for free!
By coloring the notes depending on their pitch the harmonic development, different tonal areas / modulations / key changes become visible at a glance!
Even large MIDI files (eg. a symphony) will be visualized in 2-3 seconds !
Also so called "black midi" files (up to million notes or more) can be played back completely. Only the number of notes to display needs to be limited. You can set this number -> Try how many notes your device can take (e.g. with Nexus 7 up to 400.000 notes)
MIDI file user settings
All loops, markers, instrument/track assignments are stored in a separate settings file. Each time a MIDI file gets loaded it will search for an existing settings file.
Support & Feedback
The "Help & Info" menu inside the app offers a form to submit feedback, ie. ask a question, make a suggestion or report a bug.
Alternatively you can send your concern directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
And finally, if you like this app - RATE IT !
Keywords: Midi, player, Loops, Karaoke, USB
Outcomes of the noise samples collected by all Noise Foragers are forthcoming. In the meantime, you can help me with my thesis research by installing the app (free) and recording noise from your surroundings that you find interesting.
Thank you to all who have and will participate. I am very grateful for your support and I can't wait to share the outcomes with you.
This app is a Listening Instruments research experiment by Alex Braidwood. More information can be found at www.listeninginstruments.com
This version is an early prototype. Many additions and changes are coming soon.
OSC messages are sent as /android/r g b where r g and b are integers.
Tested on HTC G1, HTC G2 and DROID2