'Main Idea - Sentences' helps kids who have trouble with reading comprehension. Identifying the main idea is a key part of reading comprehension as it allows you to figure out ‘what a text is about'.
'Main Idea - Sentences' builds this comprehension skill step-by-step until mastery.
'Main Idea - Sentences' is targeted to children in Grades 2-5 who can read the words (decode), but don't understand what they read. Beginning readers in earlier grades can also benefit from the targeted skill development.
Main Idea - Sentences' ensures kids know what a sentence is about: what it tells them and what it does not tell them. This skill must be firmly established before a child can determine what a paragraph or page is about.
- Builds reading comprehension skills step-by-step until mastery.
- Incremental learning. New levels are unlocked only when your child is ready.
- Errorless learning for less frustration. Your child will always be guided to the correct answer.
- Fun and engaging Reward Center to increase motivation.
- Easy parental review. Just check out the stars to see how your child is doing.
- Contains over 600 examples, with content designed by professional teachers and researchers.
- Advanced levels include timers to ensure fluency. Research shows fluency in the foundation skills is critical to reading comprehension.
- Can be used independently (just hand it over: your child will know what to do!) or with a therapist/parent for reading intervention.
The app can easily be reset to work with a different student.
Our apps are designed for and tested by typical and special needs children. Testers include children with Autism and other special needs. Our apps work for them!
This app has no in-app purchases.
While you're thinking about reading, check out our other apps that target WH questions, inferencing and answer identification skills.
Learn more about reading comprehension and research at our website www.HappyFrogApps.com. Drop us a note, we'd love to hear from you!
We take customer service very seriously! If you ever have a problem or find that we've missed something, contact us at our website and we will do our best to fix the problem.
We collect NO private information in our app. None!