- Top tips for the best restaurants, which aren't always the most expensive
- Outdoor sights with great views and steeped in history
- Attractions that are worth your while, including hours and cost information
- Suggestions on shopping streets for your souvenir hunt
Experience the best Edinburgh has to offer, rain or shine, with this top Edinburgh guide.
"Used this app to find a few spots that only a local could know about. Each spot has a brief summary and photos that tells you exactly what to expect when you are there. The app is also super easy to use. Highly recommended." -viapalermo
"Andy has a great knowledge of all the best places in and around Edinburgh. As a local there are still places I pass by every day thinking 'I really must try that places someday.' This app is so handy and I can't wait to visit some of the places mentioned. It's great to have photos, location maps, and contact details too. Well worth 59p and a must for visitors to the city to avoid the obvious tourist traps!" -Bueller1
"This app is loaded with useful travel information about a number of specific spots all around the city. There are pictures, location information, and great insider information from Andy Hayes who really knows this city. You won't be disappointed by purchasing it." -Anil P.
"Just downloaded it but it looks amazing! Can't wait to use it on our next trip." -HappyHusky1
"Great tips for authentic places to go in Edinburgh. Love the photos too, and lots of details and interesting facts. Who needs a guidebook when you can get Edinburgh secrets?" -EdinburghLocal
★ About the Author ★
Andy Hayes is a well known travel writer and photographer based in Edinburgh. He has featured in major publications such as Newsweek, the Wall Street Journal, and National Geographic Traveler. His local secrets and personal suggestions for the best of Edinburgh are featured in Edinburgh Secrets.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
Visiting new destinations can be baffling and incredibly exciting.
That’s why SNOUT has researched a range of intriguing City destinations for you to explore, easily.
Packed with carefully planned itineraries, photographs, offline maps and all the local information that you need to get out and start enjoying your visit.
• Access real time, accurate information for a great trip
• Content all stored on device – NO Streaming and NO Roaming
• Exceptional Audio Guide Itineraries
• Real time Travel Guide information
• No Wi-Fi or mobile connection is required to enjoy
• All the information in the app is fully geo-located so you will see where you are and where everything else is too.
What you get with Snout
• Travel Guide
• Accommodation – tried and tested accommodation to suit every budget
• Food and Drink – from fine cuisine, to fast food, you’ll find it here
• Shopping – get the inside track on the best shops in town
• Activities – find out where to go to get active
• Attractions – all the main attractions, plus some hidden gems
Remember – every single listing in our travel guide is geo-located, so it couldn’t be easier to get from where you are, to where you want to be.
• Offline Mapping (in-app purchase), which means no roaming costs
• Audio Guides available as in-app purchases
• Photo Gallery
• Trip sharing – Share your photos with friends and family and on Facebook or Twitter, by text or email
• Events – don’t miss out on any local fun. If it’s happening, you’ll find it here
• Promotions – get the best deals, offers and prices in town.
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
* 100% offline
* Browse the map on different zoom levels.
* Find streets by name.
* Auto completion of input in search text-field.
* Find points of interest like attractions, museums, theatres, cinemas, hotels, restaurants, cafes, pubs, nightclubs, shops, railway stations, bus and tram stops and more.
* List all items of a certain category, e.g. list all museums.
Features of Triposo’s guide to Edinburgh:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Day trip section
* An offline map of the city
Guide 4T is a mobile app that helps you find nearby attractions, hotels, most popular restaurants, nightclubs, sights, museums, ATM, pharmacies.
This smart and intelligent mobile city guides are created to help plan your trip.
☆☆☆ Features of City Guide:
☆ Sights & Attractions list
- multilingual description with photo
- direction and route on map
☆ Weather forecast
☆ Offline Currency Converter
☆ Multilingual interface (english, chinese, spanish, german, japanese, korean, russian, french, portuguese)
☆ Place Finder with complete information about object (adress with map, users rating, route, website, phone number)
Restaurant / Bar / Night club / Lodging / Hotel / Museum / Pharmacy / ATM / Bank / Gas station
☆ City Trips added and recommended by users ☆
- Interactive map & route with POI
- Trip photos
- Description, distance
☆ Event manager with with full information about the event
☆ Interactive map of the city
☆☆☆ What people are saying about our guides:
- Yriy: "Thing Excellent idea!"
- Zeynepalp: "Very nice Istalbul guide"
- Kaka: "Jakarta city guide Great !!!!"
- Frank: "Bueno Me gustó esta app tiene futuro si recibe actualizaciones constantes" (Well I liked this app has a future if it receives constant updates)
- Luis: "Buena Me gusta la interfaz, es fluido y encuentras de todo." (Good I like the interface, is fluid and find everything.)
- Victor: "Muito bom, informa o tempo a visibilidade humidade, eventos q vao acontecer no Rj bem atualizado. Perfeito" (Very good, tells time visibility humidity, events happen in vain Rio de Janeiro. Perfect)
Edinburgh (i/ˈɛdɪnbʌrə/ ed-in-burr-ə; Scottish Gaelic: Dùn Èideann) is the capital of Scotland and seat of the Scottish Parliament and Government.
Located in the south-east of Scotland, on the southern shore of the Firth of Forth, its population of 448,624 (in 2001) makes it the country's the second largest city.
The historical character of much of the city centre, comprising the Old Town and New Town, has led to its recognition as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The city hosts several annual festivals including the Edinburgh International Festival, the Edinburgh Fringe and the Edinburgh International Book Festival. Other annual events include the Hogmanay Street Party and the Beltane Fire Festival.
Edinburgh attracts over 1 million overseas visitors a year, making it the second most visited tourist destination in the United Kingdom after London.
Packed with insider tips and in-the-know advice, this free Edinburgh city guide will help you avoid all the tourist traps so you can experience the city like a local.
GuidePal’s intelligent and inspiring mobile city guides are created by a unique collaboration between
city locals and leading travel journalist who handpick only the best their city has to offer.
Our travel guide provides an authentic experience all via the latest app technology, and will give
you insider information on the best attractions, sights, shops, restaurants, nightlife (bars and clubs)
It’s all about travelling like a local with GuidePal.
- Offline map of Edinburgh
- 100% offline – no roaming charges
- Augmented reality
- Sharing functions
- Travel itinerary
- Available for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and WP7 (Windows phone)
Up for more traveling in Scotland or to other parts of the world? Check out one of GuidePal’s other 60+ city guides.
★ BBC: “The unique advantage of Tripomatic's app is that it can sync up with a web-based itinerary-planning service, available for free at tripomatic.com”
★ PC Magazine: “Tripomatic, an app that makes discovering new places to visit interesting.”
★ Guardian’s Android App of the week
★ Featured as one of the Best Travel Apps of 2012 by The Next Web
★ Gizmodo’s App Deal of the Day
✓ Find nearby attractions on an interactive map
✓ Explore sights with photos, contacts, opening hours and admission fees
✓ Get your personal travel guide based on day-by-day planning
✓ Plan your trip right from the phone
✓ Add custom places to save locations important to you and easily find them again
✓ Edit your trip anywhere from any device using www.tripomatic.com
✓ Download and print PDF trip guide (available for free on www.tripomatic.com)
✓ Share your trip in a neat infographic with your friends (available for free on www.tripomatic.com)
To access 300+ more destinations worldwide, download the full-fledged Tripomatic app for free. Available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tripomatic
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities.
This is the only app you need when it comes to information about Edinburgh attractions.
Get the latest updates, news, information, videos, photos, events and amazing deals for Edinburgh food app fans.
Download this app now!
From its prehistoric beginning as a hillfort, following periods of Celtic and Germanic influence, Edinburgh became part of the Kingdom of Scotland during the 10th century. With burgh charters granted by David I and Robert the Bruce, Edinburgh grew through the Middle Ages as Scotland’s largest town.
Discover everything you want to know about Edinburgh! Download and get this app to have these exclusive features!
- A continuous, up-to-date unstoppable gush of news and information about Edinburgh culture.
- Get to know first-hand Edinburgh landmarks articles, images, audio and videos.
- The latest Edinburgh products and deals!
- Read the latest articles and feedback on Edinburgh.
- Never be left out with Edinburgh best deals.
- Share Edinburgh news, photos, events, and other news through Twitter, Facebook and e-mail.
* All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
* This Edinburgh app will add a new icon onto your home screen that links to a mobile web page which helps fund and promote the development of this Edinburgh app. If you do not want to use this awesome resource, you can either ignore it or delete it. If you do use it, we greatly appreciate your support.
Discover and download this free Edinburgh app now!
Walking tours included in this application are:
* Edinburgh Religious Tour (6 sights)
* Religious Buildings (7 sights)
* Cathedrals and Chapels (6 sights)
* Architectural Landmarks (8 sights)
* Art Galleries and Centers (6 sights)
* Famous Squares and Streets (8 sights)
* Edinburgh Landmarks (8 sights)
* Gay and Lesbian Nightlife (5 sights)
* Museums Walking Tour (6 sights)
* City Orientation Tour (11 sights)
* Daily Life Tour (6 sights)
* Most Popular Pubs (7 sights)
* Specialty Shops (6 sights)
* Kids Entertainment (6 sights)
* Craft Shops (6 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Using our Journey Planner you can find your way around Scotland's capital quickly and easily using Lothian Buses - you can even search for the hotel, bed and breakfast or hostel you're staying in, and tapping 'Take Me Home' will tell you the quickest way to get there - day or night!
Visit some of Edinburgh's most popular attractions - we've got them listed here, as well as which of our great bus tours stop nearby - making it easier than ever to see more of the city during your stay.
Here's some of the great features:
• Journey Planner letting you easily get from one part of the city to another
• Find the nearest bus stops to you - with live departure boards
• Experience Edinburgh Bus Tours with descriptions and maps
• Get to and from the airport easily with AIRLINK
• 'Take Me Home' shows you how to get back to your accommodation easily at any time
• Walking Tours: starting with the historic port of Leith, we've put together a fabulous audio walking tour to entertain and enthral!
If you have any information or feedback or if you want to see something new, please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com
Quickly view, read up on, and then navigate to the top-10 visitor attractions in the city of Edinburgh, Scotland, with each location clearly and conveniently pinpointed in Google Maps for easy reference.
A great starting guide for any newcomer exploring the city for the first time, each featured neighborhood includes a short description of sites of greatest interest, historical facts associated with the area, tips for travelers, and noteworthy nearby venues.
Instead of crowding in with packs of tourists on a hop-on-hop-off city bus tour, or getting lost in a tangle of city center maps and obscure unmarked back streets, use this app to navigate a new metropolis self-sufficiently and at your own pace, while still ensuring you hit all the major highlights.
Written, designed, and developed entirely by students at Let’s Go, the world’s leader in student travel
***For a full Let’s Go Edinburgh guide with complete Let’s Go listings and mobile guide features, download the Let’s Go mobile app (coming soon!)***
-Five day-long itineraries to choose from, each inspired by a different witty and irreverent travel theme
-Five to six diverse listings in each itinerary, ranging from restaurants to nightlife to cultural attractions
-Each listing has offline walking directions, hours, prices, and honest reviews by Let’s Go’s student researchers
-Maps and GPS tracking (and offline walking directions for those times when WiFi is absent)
-Breathtaking photos to inspire your adventure
-Ability to share your favorite places to Facebook and Twitter
LET’S GO EXPLORE EDINBURGH
Edinburgh is a city that moves. Visitors are constantly streaming through Scotland’s capital, and the population of the city swells by roughly one million during the month of August. The city’s full of locals with an intense pride for both Scotland and Edinburgh. Take a step or two into the lives of your literary obsessions and tour the Writer’s Museum, featuring the works and personal belongings of Sir Walter Scott, Robert Burns, and Robert Louis Stevenson. Afterward, visit the Edinburgh Castle, one of the most arresting structures on the planet.
Check out all 25 of the Let’s Go Explore apps for your next day trip—but for now, Let’s Go Explore Edinburgh!