PT Magic Contact is a free app designed for people with severe motor impairments, allowing the use of any Android smartphone or tablet. This app offers accessibility features to the mobile communication and alternative and augmentative communication features.
• Scanning mode - each button is highlighted one at a time allowing the user to select the desired function by tapping anywhere on the screen. For those who cannot tap on the screen, this app is compatible with an external switch;
• Zooming mode - parts of the screen are enlarged allowing the user to easily tap on the desired button.
Accessibility to the mobile communication
• One Touch Contact: users can send text messages with prewritten message, with or without GPS location, or make a phone call, with just one touch;
• Text Messages - user can read and send text messages, using a simple and adapted UI for both scanning and zooming control;
• Voice Calls - allows users to easily make a phone call or answering it;
• Internet - the internet browser is adapted to scanning and zooming control. In Scanning Mode, the user needs to first select the web page, and then the vertical position following by the vertical position. In Zooming mode the user needs to tap 3 times on the screen: first selects the area, then the vertical ant the horizontal positions.
Alternative and Augmentative Communication
• Text to Speech - users can write a sentence and the app will speak it out loud;
• Symbol Communication – users can communicate using a grid with words or phrases assigned to each button.