Capital One Credit Card Customers:
- Pay your bill, schedule upcoming payments, and set up funding accounts you can use to pay your bill
- Redeem your rewards or erase previous travel purchases with Purchase Eraser(SM)
Capital One 360 Customers:
- Make mobile check deposits with CheckMate(SM)
- Send Person2Person payments
- Activate your debit card and checkbooks
Capital One Bank Customers:
- Pay bills from your Capital One Bank checking account
- Transfer funds between your Capital One Bank accounts
Your security is important to us. We use industry standard practices to protect and maintain the privacy and security of your information online and within our apps.
For support call 1-877-383-4802 or tweet @askcapitalone.
© 2014 Capital One and Capital One's family of companies, including Capital One Bank (USA), N.A., and Capital One, N.A., Members FDIC
We’re always looking to make things easier for you, so why not keep track of your finances wherever you are with our free app. You’ll be able to:
•View your current balance
•Check your credit limit and how much you have available to spend
•Take a look at your last 6 months transactions
•See your very latest pending transactions
•Check your payment information, like when and how much to pay next
To get started, you’ll need to register on the app using your Capital One credit card details, postcode and date of birth. During registration, we’ll send you a text message for security verification. In this text will be a one off activation key that you will need to enter as part of the registration process. Please note that this is not the same as the pass code that you’ll have set up to sign in to your account.
Remember, you can also manage your account online at www.capitalone.co.uk where you can also set up account alerts and more.
• Endorse the back of each check
• Photograph the front and back of each check
• Submit your deposit
* This functionality is available for Commercial Bank clients only.
CAPITAL ONE LEGAL DISCLOSURE
This site provides information about and access to financial services offered by the Capital One family of companies, including Capital One Bank (USA), N.A. and Capital One, N.A., Member FDIC.
©2012 Capital One. Member FDIC
* Security Link to Capital One online "A Commitment to Security" site.
Google Play Staff Pick (2013)
"Best 5 Free Apps to Invest Smarter" -CNN
Time Magazine's 50 Best Websites
“Personal Capital not only lets you see everything all at once, but makes it easier to manage that money as well.” – Fast Company
★A 360° View of Your Financial Life. Link your accounts using Personal Capital for a complete financial picture. At a glance you can see your checking & saving accounts, credit card spending, and investment performance. The first step to living a better financial life is having all your accounts in one place.
★Manage and control your spending with interactive cash flow tools that allow you to see if you are spending more than you are making. See detailed income and spending by category and drill down into a category to see the transaction details.
★Track Your Investments. How’s the market doing? More importantly, how are YOU doing? Compare your performance against major market benchmarks using the Personal Capital “You Index” and stay on track to meet your financial goals. Install one of the 2 You Index widgets to track daily market and individual holdings movement.
★Asset Allocation Review. Built in financial intelligence will review asset allocation and uncover opportunities for diversification.
★Portfolio Checkup. A quick portfolio check up can potentially save thousands on expensive mutual fees.
★Get Help Meeting Your Financial Goals. On the road to financial success, it helps to have a guide. As a Registered Investment Advisor, Personal Capital provides objective financial advice tailored to your goals. Talk with us if you want, how you want. We’ll assign a personal wealth management advisor to discuss your needs.
★Bank Level Security. Use with confidence. Our two-step remote authentication process builds in an extra measure of security to verify your identity and your device, so you can manage your money remotely knowing your data is safe.
★Get Started Now. Linking your accounts is simple– we integrate with over 10,000 financial institutions like Fidelity, Charles Schwab, PayPal, Wells Fargo, and thousands of local and regional credit unions. It takes just a minute to download the app and discover a superior way to manage your money.
In order to use this app you MUST install first HandWallet - a free professional expense manager that helps you to control your expense, accounts, bills and budget.
After installing "HandWallet" and "Bank SMS" teach the app how to recognize any SMS that you receive from your bank or credit card company. Mark the date of the purchase, amount, payee and any other information that may change in the SMS structure. From this moment any SMS you receive with the same format will create automatically a transaction ("Action") inside HandWallet Expense Manager.
You can later classify these transactions, view statistics and graphs about them, add details like pictures or remarks and combine them with information from other sources.
Why to use Bank SMS ?
Bank SMS is the most secured, automated and easy way to manage your expense:
1. Collecting the SMS from your bank and credit card company will help you to manage all your expense and financial transactions in one place. By doing so will be able to see the complete picture of all your financial activities without the need to use several apps: one from your bank, one for each credit card company you work with and one for cash transactions.
2. By using Bank SMS you don't need to type anymore! All the information is entered automatically (if included in the SMS).
3. The data is located ONLY on your phone or tablet. You do not need to rely on 3rd party companies like Mint, Quicken or Yodlee. You DO NOT need to be concerned from privacy issues and you will never receive any "commercial offers" from companies that get the information from the bank for you. Work directly with your bank or credit card company without any "company in the middle"
4. You do not need to enter your private identification details (user name, password, account number etc).
5. "Online" has never been so immediate. Banking SMS and notifications appears many times BEFORE the bank or credit card company web site is updated and long time before Mint, Quicken or Yodlee scan your accounts.
The Bank SMS app supports thousands of banks including Bank of America, Capital One, J.P.Morgan Chase Bank, Wells Fargo Bank, Citibank / Citigroup, US Bank, PNC, Morgan Stanley HSBC and more!
Bank SMS examples:
Bank of America: $ 100 was withdrawn at an ATM from a/c 9999. The balance is now $ 1234
Capital one: There was a fund transfer to your Capital one account, Details: Account number: CURRENT1 amount: $15 value date: 29-12-2013 available balance: 201564 Thank you
All major credit cards American Express / Visa / MasterCard / Discover are also supported for example:
Bank of America Credit Cards, Capital One Credit Cards, Citibank Credit Cards, Chase Credit Cards and more.
Credit card SMS text banking examples:
Citibank credit card: Your card ending XXXX used at < Merchant name > on DDMMYY about MMMXX,XXX. If unauthorized call now
Chase credit card: Your Int’l Visa card ending 1588 spent RMB 530 on the 14th at 15:05 at retail POS (ICBC)
Asking your bank to send a text banking SMS on each transaction or balance is usually free. For example:
Chase - 24273 ( that's Chase on your keypad )
Wells Fargo - 93557 ( WELLS on your keypad )
PNC text message banking - 762265
US Bank - 872265 ( usbank )
And so on