FolkAlley.com is the “coffee house that never closes,” offering fans music from their favorite artists while helping them discover new music that fits their tastes. Professional DJs Elena See, Barb Heller, Matt Reilly and Cindy Howes host the Folk Alley stream.
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch that great part again!
• Listen to streaming music from FolkAlley.com even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite stream starts playing.
• One click stream switching – flip from the main stream to Fresh Cuts or a seasonal stream with a single click.
• Enjoy the Folk Alley stream in the background while browsing the web, using your workout app or catching up on your emails!
• Access additional great content like videos, blogs, performance interviews or purchase music you hear through iTunes.
• Easily share music and videos with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to streaming music from Folk Alley.
Since September 2003, Folk Alley has brought the best of folk, Americana, and roots music to an international audience – listeners excited to finally find “their” music available 24 hours a day online. Listener-supported Folk Alley is dedicated to a beloved musical genre that is often overlooked by commercial radio networks.
FolkAlley.com is a non-profit Internet venture produced by WKSU-FM, an award-winning public radio station with more than 60 years of broadcasting history. A service of Kent State University in Northeast Ohio, you can hear the two-hour Folk Alley Radio Show weekly on WKSU and other public radio stations across the United States.
Please support Folk Alley and become a member today!
Loading the Data:
On first start, the app will check for a network connection and if there is connectivity will download the timetable data. Once the data is loaded there is no need for network as the data is cached. If you have network connectivity on site you can reload the clashfinder data in the Tools section. There is also a setting to check for updated timetables on start up. This will stop checking once the timetable is finalised. You can turn this off in the Tools section.
Tip: to use the map effectively on site, it is advised to use it BEFORE you travel while you have good network connection. Switch to satellite view and zoom in around the site. If you do this the tiles will be cached locally and you can use the map offline.
- Allows for creation of itinerary
- Allows for reminders of acts about to start with a 30 minute warning notification.
- Shows clash indicator where itinerary entries overlap
- Site Map
The clashfinder data used is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0
The graphic is copyright Spirit of Folk 2014
The Festival is held annually at the Quiet Valley Ranch, 9 miles south of Kerrville on Texas Hwy 16.
Starting on the Thursday before Memorial Day at the end of May, the music continues for 18 days with performances by more than 100 singer songwriters and their bands.
Interspersed between weekends are workshops in songwriting, blues guitar, and harmonica.
The annual Kerrville New Folk songwriting competition is held on the first weekend and draws 32 of the best of America's emerging songwriters.
Award winners are recognized at a special concert on the second weekend.
The Texas Folk Music Foundation sponsors the Professional Development Program for Teachers the second mid-week of the festival and is a great way for teachers to earn continuing education credits while learning how to utilize music as a teaching tool.
The Kerrville Folk Festival is a great place to be for Kerrverts of All Ages!
-Easily locate the Kerrville Folk Festival events using Maps integration
-Connect with the Kerrville Folk Festival through your favorite social media services
-Use our Voice Testimonials feature to record a message with your feedback about your experience with us at the Festival
-Be the first to hear about our newest ticket packages and discounts
-Test out the Kerrville Folk Festival send-a-photo feature and send us some of your favorite festival pictures
-Hear provocative speakers and learn about new products and services for performers and presenters
-Engage in lively roundtable discussions and private meetings with industry professionals
-Interact with panelists during educational seminars and workshops
-Hear some of the best performer showcases in the country
-Play in the best jam sessions outside of the festival circuit
-Have a whole lot of fun!
This app is your guide to everything the FMO 2014 conference has to offer, it includes:
-Full listing of all events and showcases
-Performer bios, photos and sharing to Twitter and Facebook
-Access to the FMO Facebook page and Twitter stream
-JamCam: enhance your pictures with a SouvenirCam frame and post them to Facebook and Twitter