Thanks to the augmented reality technology, you can visualize the Russian-designed NPP using the camera on your device.
How to use:
1. Download the App
2. Download and print out the marker on http://bit.ly/VVER_1200
3. Position the camera on the marker to find yourself at the NPP site
The Russian-designed NPP with a reactor of 1,200 MWt, known as AES-2006 or VVER-1200, is the flagship of the ROSATOM State Corporation energy solution. The VVER technology is based on a two-circuit nuclear steam-generating plant with a thermal neutron reactor, wherein normal pressurized water serves as the coolant and the moderator. VVER-1200 technical solutions, such as the spent fuel storage pool inside the containment, filters at the vented annulus outlet, a unique design of the core catcher with its sacrificial material, and an unmatched passive heat removal system, makes VVER-1200 a generation III+ reactor plant that is fully compliant with the post-Fukushima safety requirements.
The Russian-designed NPP App can be beneficial for:
- Business professionals interested in ROSATOM nuclear technologies
- Nuclear technical experts interested in Russian- designed NPP projects - Media representatives and experts
- Students getting a degree in nuclear energy or engineering
- Just about anyone who is interested in nuclear energy